1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Number of targets for the year?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jeff P, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Well, since today marked the last registered shoot of the 14 month target "year", the last registered bird has been tallied in Anchorage.

I ended with 9,700 total targets...3,950 doubles, 3,100 singles, and 2,650 handicap, with a 91.03 composite average, near as I can figure it.

Couple of milestones this year:

1. I finally ended with an A average for the first time ever in singles, after toiling away in B class for a few years.

2. Carrying an "A" average in doubles, too, finally.

Now, next year my goal is to finally register a target outside of Alaska and to improve on the 91.03 composite. I know i can do better in the singles and the doubles now....just have to actually DO it.

jeff

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Good job, Jeff!!! Now remember, that out-of-state shoot has to be the Grand, and you have to stay that extra day (August 16). (And you know why, too).

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I too am done for the year. I passed on an ATA shoot in Ogden UT yesterday because of the winter storm warnings. I went duck hunting instead.

My totals for the year were 2400 singles, 2500 handicap, and 2100 doubles, B-27-B.

MIA, aren't you a little embarrassed complaining about your tough winter conditions to a shooter who shoots all of his targets in Alaska? Is your daylight really that short or temperatures that low compared to Anchorage? I think not!

4. ESMDHokie

ESMDHokie TS Member

yay for my new membership, 400 singles, 300 doubles, and 100 handicap.

5. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

19,450 total, 9750 registered. I still have two more weekends to shoot, weather is great, with plenty of sunshine. (almost half was done with my "back-up gun, the XT broke, and have not received it back from Browning yet).
    Norman

6. Rusty Razor

Rusty Razor Member

6000 reg targets 1600 singles 1800 doubles 2600 handicap. Shot alot more shoots this year but most were one dayers and if it wern't for the extended year I woud have a lot less targets than the previous year. Did not attaian my goals for the year but I did improve in all 3 areas. Still on the 20 yard line. But I know its just around the corner and if the weels do not fall of like they did at the start of last year 2009 shoud be a good year. Jim henry.

7. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Looks like I too am done for the target year. They are throwing 600 on Saturday at X-Line but I have to work.

Due to the extended year I shot the most targets in a year since I began registering (2003), 16,150 total.

Singles: 5,950 - 95.76 avg (highest yet)

Handicap: 5,700 - 87.11 avg (made the 27 this year though!)

Doubles: 4,500 - 89.20 avg (highest yet)

8. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

pocatello....

well, Anchorage has more darkness than minnesota. But in all honesty, i'd LOT rather shoot here than there - it's a heckuva lot colder and more wind there than we shoot in, i'm sure.

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

jeff, tell ya what, since you've been so gracious in your offerings to curvy and I, come down to either the MO State Shoot, Kansas State or the Grand (for the extra reason curvy points out that you know :) ) and curvy and I will buy your first 100 registered targets.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have one more shoot and I don't have any idea how many targets I have shot. I don't want to take the time to count them. But, I am very impressed with the totals posted above by ESMDHokie. Way to go.

Pat Ireland

11. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

So far this target year 21,300 total with one shoot to go.7,400 16`s - 7,500 hdcp - 6,400 dbls.Bad singles adv(93.7).Really bad (91.1)dbls adv.But had my best hdcp year.Go Figure....KS-OKIE.

12. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Only about 1000 registered this past year...bad back, bad knees keep me off the trapline. I've got 50K+ lifetime.

13. ESMDHokie

ESMDHokie TS Member

Thank's Pat.

I just joined the ATA to put myself in a competitive mindset outside of my collegiate shooting, like when I'm on break or need to go to shoots where I don't have to worry about setting up the fields, etc. Helping run the VT Clay Target Team and shoot competitively is hard work. We just hosted our 4th annual Hokie Invitational and had a good competition vs UDel, VMI, UKy, UVA, and Radford.

Hokie Phil

14. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

In 13 months and one weekend in October I registered 5700 Singles, 5900 Caps, and 5200 Doubles for a total of 16,800 targets. I'm sorry but my averages are down in every discipline. I went to the Grand for my first time ever, had a great time and got a better release trigger for my TMX. I got to meet Phil Kiner and had a little chat about occasional crossfiring. I hope that in 2009 I can get back on track with my trapshooting. Ron, I hope you can come to Mossleigh on Sunday.

15. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Martin...

you just might see me at the Mo state shoot...it's in may, is it not?

16. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

jeff, yes its in May. I do hope you can come. The offer will stand and when you do make it down will be available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.