1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nuline

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by johnboy, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnboy

johnboy Member

Is Nuline still in business? I have tried contacting them during normal business hours but a recording tells me they are closed. Placed a order on line but no response.

2. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

You would be advised to look elsewhere as all they have is some old winchester parts.
    They have been going out of business for years, they just didn't know it.

I live about twenty miles from them and nobody locally uses them.
    Last time I was there, there were two girls in the office and they didn't know much.
    No workers were there.

ed

3. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

And you had better check on the shipping before finalizing an order with them.

4. johnboy

johnboy Member

I finally got through and I suspect you all are right but lost a hammer spring guide to a SX1 and did not know where else to go. thanks for the info.

5. shaggist

shaggist Member

I just spoke with one of the Ladies at Nuline and they are definitely still in business and have no thought of going out of business. There are fiber-optic lines being installed around them right now, and they haven't been able to get to work on certain days. Their answering machine message has to be changed by the phone service provider, so that they can't put a message on there saying they will be closed on a certain day. Just be patient and they will get your order out ASAP. Rather than ordering on-line, give them a call, at least for the next week or so, and they will take your phone order. After that, things should be back to normal.

Jack

6. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

The SOB's should go out of business. They had a M12 Skeet gun of mine for 5 months to be rebuilt, and $805 later it was returned to me and wouldn't feed the second shell. It went back to them 3 TIMES for an additional 2 months and each time they assured me that it was fixed, but still wouldn't function. They welded this, filed that, and basically forked up the entire receiver. A local machine shop owner and shooting buddy, who has collected and worked on Model 12's for 30 years, took one look at it and said "Who the F*&*K was the idiot who did this work?" He replaced the bolt and operating rod, and the gun again functions like new.

I'm out $800, but NuLine will get much more than that in bad publicity from my M12 shooting friends. Maybe all of the gunsmiths retired and they hired out of work plumbers!

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Yea... I ahve been Nu-lined many times... As a Sx-1 shooter they sometimes have me over a barrel.They sell stuff on line on E-bay and Gunbroker.com under the name of Jerrys attic. I suspect this is to get around the name they seem to have created for themselves.Jeff

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Go to Stu Wright.

9. 1964_Superposed

1964_Superposed TS Member

Also Not Happy
    - Ordered SX-1 bolt buffers & O rings online, days went by, not processed
    - Called, they told me they had computer problems
    - While on phone, lady suggested I order additional parts
    - After order, saw the pretty hefty S&H
    - Parts received were different than verbally agreed
    - Buffers shattered after few hundred rounds, called nu-line, same lady told me immediately they had messed up and shipped original (old and deteriorated) Bolt Buffers, blamed a former employee.

Going to Stu Wright in the future

10. johnboy

johnboy Member

I tried Wright's first but they did not have parts. 2 weeks later I finally received notice that the parts had been shipped. I hope they are the correct parts!

11. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Midwest Gun Works shows a pretty good stock of Super X parts.

Ajax

12. shaggist

shaggist Member

Several weeks ago, I called Midwest to order a gas seal ring for my SX-1. The part cost $9 and is about the size and weight of a quarter. When I asked if they could put it in an envelope, stick a stamp on it, and send it out, they said shipping would be $7.95, no exceptions. It killed the deal for me. Customer service isn't what it used to be.

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.