1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nuisance Dogs Revisited

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Well the guy in Marquette, Mi who shot his neighbors dog just got two years in prison for it. That's probably enough time to think about shooting a neighbors dog. The guy is in his late 50's. Probably wrecked the rest of his life.

2. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Further proof of how sick a nation we are. Not because the guy shot the dog. But because of the prison time. Our priorities are warped. I could never shoot a dog. I have 6 of my own and really enjoy them. I have had dogs get shot when they got out of their pen and were wandering. While it made me angry I would never want anyone to go to prison over it. I worked with two different guys that had brothers that had been murdered. In both cases the murderer only got 5 years. Let's see, that is 2 years for killing a dog and 5 years for killing a person. Something is wrong there. Some doctors do late term abortions, no time there. Not even a fine. Our society is warped.

3. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

highflyer, You and I think the same..............Roger

4. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Just be a responsible owner (keep your pet at home) and there should be no problems. If they harm an animal on your property then you have a choice of actions.

5. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Highflyer,RogerNRA I agree our world is a mess.

6. vegas blaster

vegas blaster TS Member

hey guys regarding dogs as a nuisance I need some advice. I got a [courtesy]notice from my HOA that my 'barking dogs are greating a nuisance'.

This all started last October when i was out of town a lady from down the street came over demanding my wife to answer the door and speak to her. Now my wife was home alone, sick, and just didnt want to talk to this irate lady. Anyways the lady was relentless and said our dogs are barking constantly when we are not home. So my wife got a nobark collar and havenet heard any more complaints.

Now we dont always put the collar on Lucy... she is a 3 yr old yellow lab. She is very playful, loyal, protective, and minds well. She just likes to let people know she is there if someone walks by. We also have a toy poodle [noone ever complained about him] and both dogs go in and out as they please. I have asked our next door neighbors about it and they say they hear the dogs bark but its not a nuisance. In fact they like the idea of passersby being acknowledged by Lucy.

Now I have to respond to the HOA and I am wondering if I should include about the lady down the street being the only 'nuisance' in the neighborhood. I have talked to here before at the mailbox etc. and has always been pleasant with me. I truly think its her husband who is a real 'dandy' and has put his wife up to the 'dirty work'.

Thanx for any input, Jeff K.

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Absolutely no excuse for a barking dog!!

A well trained dog is not a barker! They will bark when alarmed, but do not bark just to bark!

Hey Jeff, usually HOA's are at best ineffective. Just remember that when confronted...deny, deny, deny and then counteraccuse!!

Curt

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Place the blame were it should be. Don't shoot the dog shoot the owner! LOL

9. Bubba

Bubba Member

Two years time is okay by me. Human life taking should be more than 5 years though.

10. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Hey guys i live in the country. People are really bad about just driving by and dumping their unwanted pets off. This has become a problem since there are becomming packs of 5 to 10 feral dogs roaming the area. I guess we should just let these dogs roam? There is no animal control in our county, The local sherrif said just shoot them if they become bothersome. My question is do you think I ought to get a couple a years in the hoosegal for killing off these bothersome pets(that nobody seemed to want)?

Bob

11. k80cmbo

k80cmbo TS Member

If your going to shoot a dog remmber one thing.Bury them deep.

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

We have a feral dog problem in my home town in Illinois. The county sheriff issues a permit for us to hold a hunt for them. It's hard to shoot them because there are poodles, terriers, beagles and labs all mixed in the packs but they have gone wild and are as about as dangerous as wolves. I did get one lab to follow me once and it became a pet for a farmer.

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

We have a feral dog problem in my home town in Illinois. The county sheriff issues a permit for us to hold a hunt for them. It's hard to shoot them because there are poodles, terriers, beagles and labs all mixed in the packs but they have gone wild and are as about as dangerous as wolves. I did get one lab to follow me once and it became a pet for a farmer.