1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nu-Line Gunsmithing

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pilotdan, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

Is Nu-Line still open in Missouri? I want to get a Model 12 receiver re-blued.
    Thanks,
    Dan

2. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Website is active yet.

3. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Dan,

I would go with someone else to have any work done.
    They are basically a place to buy winchester parts at inflated prices.

I live about 25 miles from them and on the couple of times I visited them there was no one there except two local girls in the office.

I used to have Jerry go over my model 12s when he used to attend the Missouri shoots.

Jerry is getting up in years and does not seem very active since they moved from Harvester Mo. years ago.

Talking with a person that had Nu-Line restore a Model 12, it took around a year to get it back.

Stu Wright has filled the void that Nu-line used to fill.

I think I have said enough.
    You can PM me if you have further questions.
    Just trying to save you some frustration.

ed

4. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

I had a 1948 M12 skeet gun that I had owned and shot in competition since I was a teenager (Iam now 66). After about 75,000 rounds, it started opening by itself, so I sent it to Nu-Line. 7 months and $850 later I received the gun back, and it wouldn't feed reliably. Sent it back 3 times, and it never worked right after. Sold it...live and learn. I'll NEVER do business with them again! Nice people, but their gunsmithing sucks!

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Stu Wright is the Model 12 guru. I have seen some absoultely amazing Model 12's that he has re-done. Do yourself and your Model 12 a favor and call Stu.

6. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

The parts I bought a few years back were poor as well.

They were worn worse than my old ones. Just kept them anyway.

I suspect new 12 parts are getting scarce. Most quality Smiths will probably keep the ones they have for major repairs.

Regards....Gerald

7. larryjk

larryjk Member

I would think you should remember the fellows at Simmons Gunsmithing Services.
    I have had two Model 12s rebuilt by them and their work is very fine. They are the vent-rib experts. What else do you need to know. Ask how long it will take; they aren't standing there waiting for your gun to arrive.

8. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Dont even think twice about it !!!!!!!!!!!.Send It to Stu Wright and you will be more than satisfied.

Sandy Holehouse.

9. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Absolutely nothing wrong with Stu Wright. Absolutely nothing wrong with Simmons. I have had several done over the years at Simmons and have never been the least bit dissatisfied, and I'm a picky individual. Quick turn around always, good pricing. I have just had real good service over a period of 40 years with them on my many Mod 12 build ups, re blueing and ribs. Have bought a few forearms over the years from them also. J.W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.