1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NSSA members and Skeet Shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dog easy, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog easy

dog easy TS Member

Gentlemen,

I'm looking for back issues of SKEET SHOOTING REVIEW that contains station by station articles by the late Ed Scherer. I need stations 1, 2, 3, and 4. If you have these and would like to get rid of them please let me know. I would also be happy to accept xerox copies of the same articles.

Thanks a lot.

Shoot safe and join the NRA.

John

2. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

You might contact NSSA directly.

3. dog easy

dog easy TS Member

Thanks for the idea. I contacted them directly before I posted here and they do not have back issues! Really??? I find that hard to believe but that's what she said.

Shoot safe, John

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

A couple months ago they started reprinting Ed.s old articles. The ones you want have they been reprinted ? Jeff

5. PGL

PGL TS Member

John,
    what issues months/year of SKEET SHOOTING REVIEW are you looking for? I have some and access to more. I can scan them and email them.

Pete

6. dog easy

dog easy TS Member

Hi Pete,

I'm not really sure when the reprints started. The first one I have is Station #5 which is the March 2010 issue so I would guess I am looking for November 2009, December 2009, January 2010 and February 2010. I would like to buy these issues from you, but a scan and email will certainly work also. Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated.

Shoot safe, John

XXXtexasskeetshooter@gmail.comxxx just remove the X's.

7. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

At the risk of being blown up on this site by disclosing I am a skeet shooter, I might be able to help out here. I don't have any of the articles/issues requested above. What I do have is VCR tape of Ed's skeet shooting instruction containing his discussion re: autoloaders vs tubed over and unders, sustained lead vs other methods, the benefit of exercise for conditioning, and the proper hold, lead, and on shooting each station 1 - 8. An interesting tape and pretty well done. Also has the shooters down-the-barrel eye view as does the current Bender instructional skeet shooting tapes. I've seen Bender's current instructional tape and I think Scherer's tape, although more dated, is excellent as well.

Contact me if you're interested and I might be able to either figure out how to copy this tape or send it to you for viewing and/or copying.

email: amboy49@msn.com

8. todman2

todman2 Member

try this link to the Ohio Skeet Association. They have worked very hard to scan in Back Issues of the Skeet Review. I have found many a good reference article in the back issues they have listed.

Hope this is helpful to you

http://www.ohioskeet.org/site/Skeet%20Shooting%20Reviews.html

I'm a skeet shooter who dabbles in Trap

9. johnboy

johnboy Member

I have Scherer's book if I can find it. You are welcome to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ed hope trap and skeet shooter

nssa shooter profile