1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NSCA Sporting Clays???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

http://www.mynsca.com

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

NSCA and NSSA(skeet) share the same location, phone resources, and other facilities.

I have no reason to doubt their expertise. Membership services are prompt and exactly what I expect.

Oh, yes, and the magazine is included with membership.

HM

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

RMG,

I'm a NSCA shooter and if I'm not mistaken, NSCA governs all the shoots in the US.

I believe that the NSCA is a well run sanctioning body. It doesn't operate the same as the ATA (thank God). I've been happy with the NSCA in my second year with them.

I believe that there are a couple of Oregon sporting shooters on this site. They would have the best info for you.

ec90t

4. frank t

frank t TS Member

I have been an NSCA member for the last three years. I shoot 2-3 registered shoots a month. The NSCA has always been responsive. Just as important the state association here in Illinois is very good. Scores are almost always posted on the website within 48 hours and many clubs email them to me directly the next morning after the shoot. My understanding is that scores must be submitted electronically to the NSCA. Once I left my classification card and hard card at a shoot. I called the NSCA and I had new ones in 3 days. They also sent me a pin for registering over 1000 targets last year,. I have nothing negative to say about either the national or state associations. As for Oregon I dont know.

Frank T

5. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

For information on sporting clays shoots in Oregon, you can go to www.oregonstatesportingclays.com or contact Dave Farley at Farleydavidd@MSN.com or Kim Burlison at NWShotgunSports@comcast.net. You can shoot NSCA shoots without belonging to the organization by signing up in the Hunter Class. John

6. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

Hi Randy, I'm a Oregon member of the NSCA. There is approx. 250 member here in Oregon. All registered target shoots are NSCA governed. But there a many shoots in Oregon that are just fun shoots, no registered targets. The site above will give you the registered shoot schedule for both Oregon and Washington. I've been a member for the last 4 yrs. Its a very well organized association, and the member magazine can be very informative. If you have any question, drop me an email, you have the address. Thanks David
    PS We got BDodd as a memebr of our ranks this year.

7. RMG

RMG TS Member

Thanks very kindly.

RGunn

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Yeah, Randy, Florence will throw register or not shoots at the coast several times a year. You can shoot with the squad as assigned and either register or not. I DID sign up this year and begin to register birds just to have another outlet to go and shoot only 100 birds for a day. I'm clearly not doing well with 300 bird days, 500 bird weekends, or 1200 bird weeks with the arm thing and not much can be the fun of sporties. Let me know if you're ever interested. Closer to you is Tri-County in Sherwood and Mitchell's north of Salem. S. of Corvallis is Muddy Creek but they're throwing mostly pre-planned groups or parties. Then there's venues in S. WA and out near the Dalles that wouldn't be a chore for you either....Bob Dodd

9. bkms

bkms Member

I ditto what SkipC says 100%. I also joined the NSSA recently and they told me this upcoming year the NSCA and NSSA will be the same. One membership will get you in both. I also plan on joining the ATA with the new year coming. Good luck shooting. Bob........

10. MX3SBOY

MX3SBOY TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.