1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esoxhunter, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Below is a copy of an email that I just sent to my friends and relatives. It is imperative that we unite and have all of the gun owners that we know; join the NRA. If these politicians see that the NRA membership has increased dramatically since the election; they might take notice that we are uniting against their anti-gun efforts. You will be surprised at the number of gun owners, hunters, target shooters, etc. that are out there that just don't take it upon themselves to join. JMHO. Ed

This election is probably the worst thing that could happen to people who support the 2nd Amendment. Believe me the anti-gun Senators, Representatives and the Obama administration will do anything they can to take away your rights as a gun owner. When Obama was in the Illinois senate he proposed a 500% increase in taxes on guns and ammunition. You can bet the Democrats will start by using the EPA to shut down all shooting that uses lead in the making of ammunition. They will call this an "environment friendly" bill. Then will come the ban on semi-auto rifles, shotguns and handguns. Then the "right to carry laws will be struck down. (Handguns will probably be banned entirely) (Remember Wisconsin and Illinois are the only 2 states in the United States that do not allow right to carry). Where is Obama from?? I will get off my "pulpit" now. I am asking all my friends, neighbors, relatives, etc. to join the NRA. This is the only orginization that is in "our
    corner". We need to show the politicians that the NRA has increased in membership since the election. I know that the NRA does certain things that pi$$ off people. (Like sending a renewal membership out 30 days after you've just renewed) That's one of my pet peeves. But so what?? We need to protect our rights as gun owners and need to not only join ourselves, but convince all of our friends and relatives to do the same. $35 a year is not to much to enable us to somehow have a voice in combatting the likes of Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, Chuck Schumer, Ted Kennedy, John Conyers, Harry Reid, Maxine Waters, Sarah Brady and on and on and on. Get the picture? My son Mark's birthday is this month. Guess what he's getting?? You guessed it; an NRA membership. Pass this along and send them your $35. Thanks for listening to me rant. Ed

2. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

sounds like nipper and trappy the kid have a new friend; BIRDBUSTER.....

3. birdbuster

birdbuster TS Member

I don't like how the NRA is always asking me for money! I will, and did, use my vote to support our rights. I won't funnel money to this organization.

4. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

It is all we have.

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

Yes but you have 20millon Accorn Blacks that got IT in. rick

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You ban firearms what will be the source of ACORN's weapons???? They will have to ship it in with the drugs. Maybe they can have a blue light special, buy $50,000 worth of coke and get a free Glock.

Don

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

birdbuster, JUST voting is NOT enough. It takes lobbying and attorneys and all the other things that get laws passed or stopped. Everybody asks for money that don't sell a good or provide a service....how else do they raise money?

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Maybe what we should do is quit sending money to the NRA and like organizations and instead, purchase tainted drugs and have them distributed to all the cities.....???

Curt

9. birdbuster

birdbuster TS Member

It just burns me that I joined, and they were asking for $ two weeks later. This was over 15 years ago, so maybe it has changed. I will have to re-up, as I do enjoy American Rifleman and what they do for us.