1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 101Diamond, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

I believe all gun owners should belong to the NRA. Have a problem with all the mailings. I get a renewal letter and I am paid up to fall of 2011. We talk about this at my gun club and members are all feeling like me. Maybe reduce postage and get more done.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    People, people, people... I have posted about this several times here. If you do not want to receive the mailing, call the NRA and ask to be taken off their mailings list. Sometimes it might take a couple of tries (it's a big organization). This will cut the annoying mail, AND in the long run save money for the NRA.

3. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

10-4 Brian

4. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Yes, you can call the NRA and have the mailings stopped. Here is a better idea, send them some money! The NRA does more to help the average gun owner who does not belong than any other organization! Better yet, sign up one of your gun club buddies for a membership and help the NRA grow. Yes, I agree it is a pain at times and I do not always send them money, but I do what I can. Great thread and great replies....so far..

5. antique

antique TS Member

If you dont belong you are cheating your self and every gun owner in the U.S.A. Jim Burk

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I am a life member and have on more than one occasion called (several actually) and asked to be taken off of their list and I might as well of talked to the toaster ... I sent them a nice letter explaining that I am a life member and resent them wasting the money that I used to send every year on postage by sending me renewal notices every week or more ... I called them and asked to be removed from the mailing list and stated that until I am convinced that I am removed I will curtail my annual donations until that time ... The following week I recieved not only the renewal notices but a letter asking for a donation, I ripped them up and returned them to them postage due ... Sooner or later I hope someone in that organization get a clue as to what the hell is going on outside of their own little world, in the mean time I just toss the crap in the garbage unopened because I know what it is ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

The garbage can can't be far away and besides they have some good info and raffles once in a while. Don't worry about it. I get at least one a day from Capitol One.

8. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

I'm a life member too and I get tired of the mailings, but the NRA must be making a profit from the amount members do send in, or they wouldn't continue to send them. That's just how business is done.

The reason people get renewal letters even just after they renewed is simple! They want you to pay for as many membership years in advance as possible so they have as much money in advance as possible to fight our enemies NOW!

Instead of getting so irritated, just donate what you can and throw out the rest of the mailings, some of which people will respond to when they can. They are fighting the good fight all over the country in city halls, in courtrooms and in congress, all of which takes money - so let's back them financially!

United We Stand, Divided We Fall!

Jennifer
    NRA-Life Endowment

9. husker

husker Member

Jennifer,

You summed it up in just one post. Thank you.

Roger Hudson