1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by chipped1, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

For all you who blindly support the NRA, read this:

So, why was the NRA backing Appel the anti-gun dem? I guess she filled out the questionnaire properly.

2. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Because before YOU or "Appel" were born, the NRA was fighting for pro-gun causes in Congress........

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

So why do you want to bash the NRA?

If you don't like the NRA don't join, just let the rest of us pay the way for you to keep your gun rights. You seem like the type to let other people do the work or take the chances while you sit back and do nothing but bitch and moan!!!!!!!!!! One hell of a way to go through life!!!!!!!!!

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

From a Oct 8 CNN article...

The gun-rights group has endorsed over 200 Republican candidates for Congress, but it has also endorsed 64 Democrats – including a number of incumbents who Republicans believe may be vulnerable, like Chet Edwards in Texas, Stephanie Herseth Sandlin in South Dakota, and Tom Perriello in Virginia.

A spokesman for the NRA explained that the organization uses only the issue of gun-owners rights to endorse candidates, regardless of party. And if two opposing candidates earn the same rating, the association generally favors the incumbent.

For example, in South Dakota's congressional race, both the Democrat and the Republican candidate received a grade of "A" on gun-owners rights, but the NRA website lists an endorsement for the Democrat – an incumbent.

Davis says the organization needs to pay back the incumbents, in either party, who went to bat for it on issues like not reviving the assault-weapons ban.

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Very good explanation Joe, Thank you.

Bill

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Except that explanation falls apart when the NRA gives an artificial, bogus, B rating to candidates they formerly rated as an F. Like Reid.

There's a lot more to this than that simple explanation.

7. larryjk

larryjk Member

Brian, They reluctantly backed Reid because of his work in getting the land and the money to build the shooting complex at Las Vegas.

8. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Actually Brian, they have upgraded Reid to an "A".

Did those who are defending the NRA actually read the story that I linked to? As a member I have let the NRA know of my displeasure with them selling out for Reid and others. I don't expect them to blindly back Republicans; however, I do expect their endorsements to be for pro-gun candidates. They use to rate Reid as an "F" but now he is an "A". I'm not buying the BS. I would hope that other gun owners would keep the NRA's feet to the fire and let them know that supporting anti-gun pols is inexcusable. Reid and company have already put two anti-gun judges on the highest bench in the land. Keep drinking the NRA Koolaid and then bitch that your losing your gun rights.

9. Brian in Oregon

<i>"Brian, They reluctantly backed Reid because of his work in getting the land and the money to build the shooting complex at Las Vegas.</i>

Yes. And that's absolute horsecrap. One pro-gun vote does not offset a legacy of 43 anti-gun votes.

All the NRA has accomplished with this is setting a lot of pro-gunners at each other's throats, as they debate whether the NRA is truly pro-gun or their initials stand for Not Relevant Anymore. Really stupid move on their part.

10. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I really wish you guys would learn that there is only one “o” in loser (non-winner). Two “o”s in the word means the opposite of tight. Despite not knowing how to spell, you manage to seize upon a local state senate race in Iowa and turn an “almost recommendation” into an anti-NRA club.

With all the passion being displayed here on the reid thing, have any of you donated money to Angle? I am a life+ member of the NRA and I have sent three checks to her campaign. How about Toomey in Pa, he needs help and his opponent (sestak) is a real gun hater. Here in De, C. Coons ( a very rich member of the Gore – as in GoreTex family) hates guns and loves murdering babies (pro-abortion) - O’Donnell needs your support too. Have any of you actually donated money, worked phone banks, stuffed envelopes, or knocked on doors for a pro-gun candidate? Do you do anything to try and keep the Second Amendment or do you just log onto TS and bash the NRA?

I certainly hope that all of you go to the polls and vote on Tuesday

11. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Hi Gary,

Virtually, everyone I know is a "hard core" competitive shooter. Most are active or retired military. Some are pistol shooters, many big bore rifle and other shotgun. They are ALL long standing NRA members (20+ years)....what these morons bashing the NRA have done is unite us in recruiting new NRA members (so far, we have signed up 14 new members)......

Most of these "people" bashing the NRA are younger and by definition, STUPID.....they have no clue about the pro-gun Congressional battles in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s.....

The best way to characterize these folks: MORONIC INGRATES!

12. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Instead of worrieing about who or what the NRA endorses, educate your self on where the canidate stands, and vote accordingly!

If you can think for yourself its not rocket science!

Incumbents have voting records and newbys have to take stands on issues. If they can't stand up for the constutition or have cast a vote against it, THEY don't get my vote PERIOD! I don't care who or what party they are.

13. Brian in Oregon

<i>"Instead of worrieing about who or what the NRA endorses, educate your self on where the canidate stands, and vote accordingly!"</i>

Exactly correct, since you cannot trust the NRA candidate rating system anymore.