1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA, what they need to change to get me back

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Az Al, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I see, Gordons, thread on the NRA, I actually agree with him.

HOWEVER, I got tired of receiving more junk mail from them! then I do from credit card companies!

If I want a product I will buy it!

I will not deal with an organization, that is sending junk That I either have to pay for to keep, or pay postage to send back!

When the NRA quaruntees me that I will be on their "will not send anymore junk/junk mail list", I will rejoin!

Until then they are an organization we need, but to miss directed for me to deal with!

Al Lingham
    Tucson Az

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Try joining 3 years at a time, then they won't be bugging you to re-up. Seems to work for me.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have been a Life Member for years and they still send me renewals all the time ... I used to make a donation every year but being as they have that much money to waste on postage I eliminated that and notified them of my intentions prior to doing so, all I got was another renewal notice as a response ... Based on the circumstances I can see why some people would not be a member and have issues with the way they waste donation money ... I think the NRA is in the business of making money and that they do not read anything that gets mailed to them other than the amount on the checks ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. tomk2

tomk2 Member

I just got an offer to have a life membership for $600. I have been thinking about doing this for a while, and this offer nearly put me over the top. Nearly. But I remember how the NRA can stray and offend (remember jack booted thugs?). I notice how CCW is fought for in other states but not my own. Chicago is criticized for its policies, but not engaged. I figure renewing every one to three years is the only leverage I have.

And I don't think they waste money on the frequent mailings. I am certain they have calculated exactly what each mailing costs, and what is returned, and they only do it because it makes them money. If one in 60 send in twenty five bucks, I bet they come out ahead. Only when they are made to believe that the mailings will cost them something will they stop.

Years ago, I wrote the NRA a protest letter about Sturm, Ruger, and Company. AT the time, Ruger was denying health care benefits to employees who participated in a legal activity, but had no restrictions on employees who were engaged in illegal activities. What you say? Yes! Ruger would not pay for health care if an employee was hurt in a motorcycle accident, but if you were stoned out of your mind, or drunker than a skunk and crashed your car, you had full coverage. The NRA did respond to that letter specifically, not with some vague form letter, even if they did say it was not their concern. Thus proving that they do read what you send them. Ruger never responded.

5. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Al,

Everybody can find a reason for what they do if they look long enough.

Don't worry I will keep paying your way just like I have for years.

jim brown

6. gotbass

gotbass Member

While the NRA is not perfect, it is still an effective defender of our rights and should be supported as such. It seems that their junk mail is off a little lately, either that of my wife is loading the trash with it. I agree that it can get to be a little much, but would not be inclined to throw the baby out iwth the bath water just yet. Mike

7. gotbass

gotbass Member

While the NRA is not perfect, it is still an effective defender of our rights and should be supported as such. It seems that their junk mail is off a little lately, either that of my wife is loading the trash with it. I agree that it can get to be a little much, but would not be inclined to throw the baby out iwth the bath water just yet. Mike

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I too have been a life member for many years, late '50s if I'm still with a memory. For some reason, I've never been inundated with the annoying junk mail but for an occasional "new product" they are pushing; I did up for the cancer insurance at one time and collected on it in 1997. Then, I do get the voting packets and respond in a timely manner. Why am I left alone with offers to re-up? Dunno! Maybe that department figgers there's no way I'm still alive.....breakemall....Bob Dodd.

9. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

If all the freeloaders would join the NRA, The gun lobby would be so strong a politician wouldn't dare mention gun control.

You can find something you don't like with any organization. You need to decide if the if the benefits out weigh the annoyances. There are some things I wish the NRA would do differently, But they're still the the heaviest hitters we have when it comes to stifling anti gun legislation.

If you don't vote like a gun owner, YOU SUCK..

Jim Miller

NRA Life mbr.

10. Frenchy

Frenchy Member

The N.R.A.is about 4 million members, there are an estimated 60 million gun owners in this country.What do you think we could do with 60 million N.R.A. members? Nice though huh? There are to many narrow minded people(don't think out side of the box) to deal with when it comes spending there money on a usefull cause,oh,buy the way did you ever call the N.R.A.and ask to be taken off the mailing list except for your renewal? Try it it works!

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

You can talk to the NRA and they will take you of the mailings list.

When you hear people say "what can they do for ME, you know that there is a freeloader amongst your ranks.

If a person nit picks any organization enough he will find something for an excuse not to help fund or participate in its functions. Usually those are the loudest voiced in criticizing the organization also. No one organization has all the answers, but they are better than none at all.

Bill

12. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

I'm a life member and I notified them not to send me anything through the mail,so they could save the postage. The only thing I receive now are E-mails, and I can delete them when I want.

Gary

13. Eleanor

Eleanor TS Member

With out the National Rifle Association you can forget your gun rights. In my opinion it should be mandatory to be a member of your state org. and national org. if you are a member of the ATA or any other shooting org.

14. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Ok,

I have been shown how to stop that junk mail, the online registration has been accomplished.

I am an NRA member again.

Al

15. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Perfect NO!, but without them I seriously doubt if you could even OWN a firearm today. The liberal scum bags in Government would have already done away with your rights to do so!

16. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Sounds like a poor excuse to me. I still have my guns and would not have them if it were not for the NRA. Why is it so many fools look for an excuse not to join?????????????????????Roger

17. toolguy

toolguy Member

Al,

Thanks for re-upping. If only more gun owners would follow your lead in being willing to support the first/best organization fighting to keep our gun rights, we wouldn't have to worry. Welcome back.

Don Whiton

Endowment Life Member

18. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

We had the same problem Call and tell them to take you off of the mailing list. They are very polite in doing so. Items sent to you, without permission or knowledge on your part, belong to you. I do not believe the law says you must return it. State by state could be different. Double check to make sure. Michael

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Big Az Al, quote: "Ok, I have been shown how to stop that junk mail, the online registration has been accomplished. I am an NRA member again."

Thumbs up.

Hopefully next time people will simply post asking for help resolving this issue instead of going off half cocked and making it into a drama.

20. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you have something you dont like- write them a letter

But if you arent a member - you arent shi* as far as doing anything valuable to maintain your shooting sports, rights or interests

Like Jim Brown I think above- anyone can find a reason if they look hard enough

If you look just a fraction of that hard- you will find not one reason but 10 or 100 reasons to be a member

In fact- get it out of the way and become a life member

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.