1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA VP endorses an anti-gun politician

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    12.18.07 OFF ALERT
    NRA BOARD MEMBER ENDORSES ANTI-GUN CANDIDATE

We hear almost daily horror stories about qualified persons being delayed or denied firearms purchases because the existing background check system regularly provides either bad, or no information on a buyer. As a result, the Oregon State Police routinely place excessively long delays on many buyers and have even informed dealers that they are at risk if they obey the law and allow the transaction after the 3 days. Both Oregon and Federal law allow a firearms transfer to take place if there is no denial within three days, but because of the false information the State Police have given many dealers, few are willing to risk the transfer, although it is lawful and they CANNOT be held liable if the transfer was done lawfully.

Yet the NRA is insisting that this failed system be massively expanded with HR 2640. That's bad enough, but now a prominent NRA board member has endorsed an openly anti-gun candidate for president. NRA Board member and second vice president David Keene has endorsed Mitt Romney in spite of Romney's repeated attacks on gun owners and his promise to do so again if elected.

As Governor of Massachusetts Romney supported and signed a ban on semi-auto firearms. In a recent interview he said he would support a similar ban nationally. He also claims he would ban weapons of "unusual lethality" which could be any hunting rifle you have. He supports the gun registration that comes with background checks and believes that the current system is "instant," something too many Oregonians know to be nonsense.

David Keene, according to NewsMax, will automatically become president of the NRA in three and a half years.

OFF does not endorse or oppose candidates, however we believe it is critical that gun owners know that an important and prominent leader of the National RIfle Association has endorsed a candidate who is responsible for some of the worst gun laws in the nation and promises to support more in the future.

Copyright © 2000 - 2007, Oregon Firearms Federation. All Rights Reserved.

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

And ya'll been preaching why the NRA is such an important organization.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Lumper, you're a real piece of... work. You obviously don't know that I've been a major critic of the NRA since 1986, and only rejoined them when they took a stand over the AWB renewal. Even though I'm a member, I will not hesitate to take them to task if they stray from their mission of protecting the Second Amendment.

4. gundog

gundog TS Member

Brian i know you have the NRA figured out, its the many others on here that need to learn a little more about NRA instead of blindly following the pack.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There are a lot of people who think the NRA can do no wrong but there are a lot of us that know otherwise ... I am a Life Member but feel the NRA leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to their "Fat Cats" and the continual barrage of pleas for more and more money ... They are not the only game in town as many believe, there is also the Constitution of the United States of America ...
    WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Brian ... I thank you for your compliment but when did ya'll morph into just you? For years I have disagreed with how the NRA does many various things on our behalf and for years I have thought that they need a major revamping of the organization so please dont lump me into a group that will blindly follow those into actually helping to get our guns from our hands.

7. grammie

grammie TS Member

The NRA cannot survive and make 55 million per year without----"fear",,,,The instances they choose to fight are far outnumbered by the times they don't,,,,Because they need fear,,,they use it like a weapon,,to keep those contributions-----coming in..........

AKA Grammie.........

8. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

For the record I left the circle next to Keene's name unfilled when I submitted my ballot for the NRA Board of Director's election.

There are some who get on there who shouldn't be. No organization is 100% perfect. No municipal, state or federal election is without people on both parties and third parties who will disagree with us on some points. I agree with Brian that allowing a person who backs an AW ban advocate like Romney is pretty seriously wrong, though.

I still stand by my NRA membership. Overall, the organization's clout is too
    strong to allow a few who slip through the cracks to ruin the base of the organization.

Some of you might recall that at one time, Charlton Heston was ANTI GUN (1960s and 1970s). He changed during the 1980s.

I am as much pissed off about 1986 and the class 3 freeze as Brian or anyone else. The trade off was if the other aspects of the legislation we were pushing for, were allowed to be "killed" then we would have been perceived as
    "weak" and subsequent things, like the AW ban in 1994 might STILL be in effect today.

We gunowners are very poor at working "counter-intelligence" operations. We need some closet progun wealthy people to join Sara Brady's group as Board Members and help derail them internally. Tough to do when you're financed by George Soros and allowed to open political campaign offices rent free inside
    PUBLIC tax payer funded institutions, like the Million Mom March did during the 1990s when they operated their California chapter right out of San Francisco General Hospital at tax payers expense. Also, why hasn't anyone called out the Brady Campaign for tax fraud? Did you know that a donation to NRA-ILA is NOT tax deductible, but that a donation to the Brady Campaign against Gun Violence..............IS?????????

9. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

And an independent audit of the Brady Campaign revealed that approximately 99% of the money it collects goes DIRECTLY to SARA BRADY to pay her salary?

10. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

Is the original post another scare tactic of the Oregon Firearms Federation or did it come straight from the spinmeisters at GOA? Not there's much difference.

In either case, why should anyone believe either organization given their poor track records when it comes to telling the truth and nothing but the truth?

John

11. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Good point. Might also be why neither is allowed to be recognized as a bona fide "NGO" (Non Governmental Organization) and be able to monitor directly and communicate with the United Nations, unlike the NRA, which IS a bona fide NGO and able to tell us what is happening not only in Washington, but also in NY at the UN gun ban meetings.

All in all, NRA is the ONLY way to go. Join NRA plus your local NRA affiliated pro gun rights group.

1-800-NRA-3888

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.