1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA VISA card (gee thanks)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starship, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starship

starship TS Member

Got my usual e-mail from NRA. I am a member and will continue to be one BUT...

One of the offers was for a VISA rewards card, through the First National Bank of Omaha. The NRA offer was for free 1,000 points if the card was used during first three months.
    I went to the web site for the bank to see what the points were good for and gee the bank is offering free 5,000 points when the card is used during the first three months.

I wonder what happens to the extra 4,000 points?

Just to let you know the points are good for products from a catalog and not cash. Actually you can get cash but it's not a point for dollar exchange.

Chuck

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I do not know what the exchange rate is, but I do get a check every few months for using the NRA card and the NRA also gets some cash from the bank for my use of the card. I don't think this is such a bad deal.

Pat Ireland

3. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Like many other commercial companies, the NRA sends this offer out to 'selected' members periodically. Sometimes the bait is a low interest rate or free balance transfers. I took the bait the first time, believing that my purchases would help the NRA. Perhaps they did for a while, but after a pre-arranged length of time, the agreement between the NRA and the credit card company expired, and then I received a notice from the credit card company that the interest rate is being 'adjusted' and that if that if I didn't like it, all I had to do is pay off the credit card in full. This after a large balance transfer from a previous credit card. Many companies do this to get a short-term boost in revenues/contributions, and the credit card companies get more people paying outrageous interest and fees. If enough NRA members complained about this, these practices might stop, or at least the NRA could negotiate a PERMANENT low interest rate. Caveat emptor!

Porcupine

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Cabela's card is a good deal for me....charity starts at home!!

Curt

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Interesting post. I have had a NRA affinity card from the beginning through the 1st. Natl. of Omaha with the notion the NRA was going to profit from my useage even though I have never carried a balance. I have received rate adjustment notices but what you guys are talking about in relation to points and cash is new to me. Neither have I received a notice from the NRA about a disalution between them.

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

My Target Visa gives money directly to my kids school, not throught the school district. To date my wife has managed to give my youngest son's elementry school over $4600.00. Pick your card and play with the points or money as you see fit. We chose to do this instead of 100 candy bar fundraisers.

For more info, if you like see above.

Jerbear

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Dave P- I have the same card as you have and the bank in Omaha does send me a "rebate check" once in a while. I do not carry a balance on the card and I never intend to break my tradition of never paying a credit card company any interest. Might be time for you to call the bank.

Pat Ireland

8. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

I have had the NRA credit card for many years....perhaps 15 years? and so far, I have not been sent any checks of any kind.

And I use it almost every month.

Do you suppose that it is because I always pay the full bill every month thereby deprovong the band of their interest?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nra credit card rewards catalog