1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA Survey ...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by W.P.T., Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I got a survey from the NRA today and will probably be one of few who are going to get it because it says I was specially selected to take part in this representing the gun owners in the area that I live ... It came in a very important looking envelope with a bunch of stickers and important messages all over it telling me how special I was to be selected for this survey, which are said to be registered documents ... (Registered Documents Enclosed) Handle with care and carbon copies enclosed are clearly marked on the outside of the envelope ...2008 National Gun Owners Action Survey, the registration number, and instructions are for the addressee only and then comes the renewal membership part again and the offer of a free knife ... I felt "special" until I got to that part again which was nothing more than another way to get a Life member to buy another renewal when I already have one for crying out loud ... I sent them letters telling them that I will cease with my donations until somebody in that outfit can figure out that a "Life Membership" means for that persons life ... Now this ... Talk about scared, this type of stuff scares the hell out of me because if they conduct other business like they do this we are all in deep trouble starting with a capital "S" (you figure it out) ... I am just wondering if I am really this special or if anyone else has recieved one of these and if so do you think it was by mistake, or are you that special also ..? I got a friggin headache thanks to the NRA again, so I hope someone else got a survey also so you can be special too ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I never reply to "surveys" that include a request for a donation.

John C. Saubak

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The questions by the way were very leading and could only be answered one way by anyone who owns a gun or believes in the Constitutional rights and amendments ... This thing is so rigged, its even better than Obama's birth certificate ... Damn, now I know we are in really deep trouble starting with a capitol "S" ... WPT ... (YAC) ... "McCain/Palin 2008" ...

4. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Sound logic OC John.

WPT, you are correct, why they wasting all that postage? Do they think you will or need to donate again. What kind of business is that? Are they just looking for another handout? I am pro-gun but I let my annual memberships lapse with the NRA a couple years ago, (constant barage of requests to renew way before 1 year was up).

I would like to see NRA lobbying for restrictions on our lead, copper and brass from being shipped to China. NRA should be doing something for the shooters to keep the price of ammo down, so I can afford to shoot as much as I once did. I get sick of the rhetoric how big brother government's primary concern is to take away my guns. Hell, it won't be long before I will have to use my guns as clubs because I am out of ammo. Funny thing is there was no monterous tax on ammo like they said there would be. Just a congress under Clinton's admin. who allowed NAFTA to go into effect and a congress under Bush that failed to stop it (both congresses republican controlled). Accordingly, I am sick about how wonderful Republicans are. Both the Republicans and Democrats in Washington are out to screw us over so the ultra wealthy or the ultra lazy can thrive.

John Ertel, just an average guy from Indiana, 20.5 handicap, less impressive on singles and doubles, and haven't shot a registered target since 2005 and currently inactive in the ATA. I figure its cheaper to get lucky and shoot from the 25 yard line than spend my money and shells shooting registered birds.

John Ertel

5. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I have been a NRA life member for more than 30 years and I am proud of that and I am proud of the NRA. However, everything I get in the mail from them, except the American Rifleman, will go directly to the s**t can unopened. Richard Strickland, gyrine

6. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

WPT
    I got the same one and 4 others last week from the NRA. It's a numbers game.

HMMMM, maybe I could bid out the printing service for the NRA and make a fortune.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Well, I'm glad to hear that there are other "Special" people out there also otherwise I would feel bad dumping this in the trash ... I have been a life member for over 30 years and often wonder "what the hell was I thinking" but now they are saving me from myself and I donate the same money to the Susan Komen (sp) Foundation that is working on finding a cure for breast cancer ... Being a leg man I still say nothing beat a great pair of legs but there are a lot of guys who are into the buddabooms ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

WPT,

I'm not a lifetime member yet, but I received one of those special surveys also last year. It's a ploy to get you to pull some money out of your wallet and donate. I didn't donate, but I did renew my membership for 2 years (good until 2010) and got a free knife out of the deal.

The gun club I belong to requires a current NRA membership. So I didn't see anything wrong with their tactics for me. But for a life member, I can see how that would come across wrong. I think they just need money.

Bucko43

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bucko43,

Thanks for pointing that out, most of what I said was tongue in cheek about me being special to them and all ... If they need the money I would suggest they just ask for it and quit with the crap that insults our intelligence for once and for all ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

P.S. I sent them my suggestion, lets see what happens ...

10. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

I would like to see NRA members send money to the NRA-ILA and NRA-PVF, because according to federal law DUES CANNOT be used for political purposes.

ILA - Institute for Legislative Action

PVF - Political Victory Fund

John
    NRA Patron (and I got a nifty knife for upgrading from Endowment?)
    Member www.vcdl.org

11. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

As it turns out, ALL NRA members are special. Isn't that just special. Better send a donation people. Wayne needs a new tux. LOL

12. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

It took me years to realize that I too, was special. Life member since 1978, upgraded to Endowment in about 1982. Funny thing, they never sent the life package until I wrote them a couple years later telling them I'd never recruit another member till they got it together. (I'd probably signed up a couple dozen new members). I get at least two "special" requests a week, two or more calls a week and make two donations a year. I find that my state organization keeps me more informed on a realistic basis than the NRA. (Illinois State Rifle Assn.). It seems a shame, however, that the several million of us (members) can't seem to all get out and vote for our rights. I have members of my gun club who admit voting twice for Clinton and who are thinking about voting for Obama.