1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA press conference.......

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by likes-to-shoot, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

A text version can be seen at NRA.org for those who didn't get to watch on tv....

In my opinion the NRA had meaningful solutions to the problems at hand....interestly enough they commented on workable school protection programs scrapped buy the White House.

I wonder what our puke-in-chief and his vice-puppet will have to say in response......

Its still going to be a uphill battle.......

Bill

2. scoutmaster

scoutmaster Member

Wayne was stopped twice in his speech with liberal home made poster signs and screaming by a black guy and a women.

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, breaking the powerful gun lobby’s weeklong silence in the week of the Newtown, Conn., school shooting, called for arming America’s schools and blamed the creation of “gun-free school zones” for leaving the nation’s schoolchildren “defenseless” against mentally ill mass murderers.

In an unapologetic defense of gun owner rights, the NRA executive said blame for the Newtown shooting in which a lone gunman killed 26 students and school officials should not be attributed to the nation’s gun laws, but on the nation’s failure to deal adequately with the mentally ill, the failure to deploy armed protection for the nation’s schools, and a media and entertainment industry that glorifies violence and mass killers.

Calling the media “silent enablers” of such mass shootings, Mr. LaPierre said, “Rather than face their own moral failures, the media demonize lawful gun owners.”

Noting that airports, government offices, sports stadiums and other potential targets relay on armed guards, Mr. LaPierre said all the gun-free school zones do is “tell every insane killer in American that schools are the safest place to inflict maximum mayhem with minimum risk.”

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” Mr. LaPierre said, calling for Congress to provide the money to fund the placement of an armed police officer in “every single school.” He said his group would develop and fund a “model shield defense program” for schools to boost their security, with former Arkansas Rep. Asa Hutchinson heading the effort.

National Rifle Association President David Keane, who said the organization was “shocked” by the shooting, but said NRA officials would not be taking questions until next week on their proposals.

The powerful gun lobby had been uncharacteristically quiet in the past week, even as President Obama established a government-wide task force to explore new gun laws. The organization in a statement earlier this week pledged to make “meaningful contributions” to the national debate that has exploded in the wake of the shootings over gun-control and gun-related violence.

Newtown and communities around the country observed a moment of silence at 9:30 a.m. Friday morning — exactly a week after the shooting began.

The press conference Friday morning was briefly interrupted twice by protestors, with one man bearing a pink hand-painted sign that read “NRA stop killing our children.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/21/nra-calls-arming-schools-after-newtown-conn/#ixzz2FhohETUH
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

4. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Bill,

They did a good job and showed a level of class throughout the entire presentation.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Likes to shoot- you dont have a clue

The school protection program by the way is the exact same one I came up with on here- hire professionals to do it---- of course you said no to that- you wanted wannabees and teachers to do it

Uphill fight? OMG

I will say that there was composure in that presentation despite people trying to break into the speech with their own comments-

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Gene...in response to your dip shit post show me the post where I said those words...........

Do you enjoy being the site clown?....no offence intended to real clowns..

7. Joe Potosky

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3nRry7eQFMg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

You don't say Crazy Gene, you and everyone else has been saying armed security since the beginning. Don't get too excited. I was surprised we didn't see you there with your homemade sign calling for a gun ban.

9. spritc

spritc Active Member

Gene, Good God man, get back on your medications.

10. Joe Potosky

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vJrAeNZiRCE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Link to transcript

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rich219 actually you wanted to arm teachers with those cheap copy ARs that you sell- and have parents walking the halls-- you have already posted those comments many times as well as saying bad things about all the fat trapshooters being weak on guns.

You have a finanical interest and you claimed to have been a continuous member of the NRA at first which we know isnt the case dont we?

Professionals- not wannbess- even Wayne knows that

Homeland Security has already announced it is prepared to help

Regards from Iowa

Gene

13. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Gene,

We can discuss our political differences this year at the IA state ATA shoot. Oh, I just remembered you don't shoot trap. You just run your trap.

14. beeper

beeper Member

Wayne LaPeirre = It's not my fault! It's not my fault! It's not my fault!.... By the way Send me more money!

the Beeper

15. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

So you are trying to say it is LaPeirre's fault?

Politics is controlled by money, this issue is a political issue what is so hard to understand?

16. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Speaking of school, some of the posters must have failed English, or never made it through grammer and and/or spelling classes. I can understand typos, but come on, "a women" and "buy" for "by?"

It is just so easy to post ANYTHING, right or wrong!

As famous physicits Cliff Stohl once stated on the Johnny Carson show, "The Internet is full of uncensored Snake Oil."

17. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

We absolutely don't need homeland security, thats more money for a Government entity.

Arm some teachers and coaches, or hire a SRO School Resource Officer, Columbus had a Black SRO who tried to have sex w/ black student, fired him and going to jail.

Having a Armed Security Gaurd walking the halls would be a deterent and give 2nd thoughts of another Sandy Hook Incident.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

18. highway

highway Member

After seeing the NRA presentation, I have one or two suggestions.

First of all, Mr. La Pierre did a fine job in the face of a rather rough situation and I think his credible credentials should entitle him to his job as long as he wants it.--------but

In the view of the world today, and sadly, the NRA needs a young and physicaly attractive public relations officer who is above all a great speech delivery person. I do not like to say this, but you all know how things really work.

I did think the content of the speech was good and reasonable. I'm for it.

Roger

19. steele

steele TS Member

I was at a local coffee shop when the press conference aired. There were also 5 boys & 1 girl, from the local college. As we watched, every time Wayne said something, the kids had insulting comments & laughed about it. When the protestor with the red sign showed up, the kids cheered. When the protestor was removed, the kids were furious, screaming about how the NRA is against 1st amendment rights & using hired thugs to remove protestors. I opened my mouth & said something about how the NRA supports all the amendments, as our founders intended. The "ring leader" quickly told me, " the only reason the NRA supports the 2nd Amendment, is because the NRA gets a "commission" on evey gun sold in the country". I was amazed at his stupid remark & asked where he heard this. "We discussed this in class many times" & just sorta smirked at me. I said, You thnk you're pretty smart for a college kid, & you think you're a smart-ass too, but it looks like your're not so smart, so that just makes you an ass!

If this is the kinda crap taught in schools & colleges now, we are doomed.
    These kids truly believed it. There ought to be laws that the schools at least teach the truth. Butch from Pgh

20. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This young Israeli woman is accompanying a school group. All movement of school children outside the classroom requires armed parents or relatives. You can identify such security people by their use of the M1 carbine, which is a Korean War vintage rifle. GRL3

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.