1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA Message on the Election Nov.4th

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Special Election Day Message From
    Wayne LaPierre And Chris Cox
    Vote November 4

This long campaign season is down to its final days. Next Tuesday, the American people will make their choice. It is more important than ever that every gun owner and everyone who values our liberties, takes action to protect the future of our Second Amendment rights. The threat is real, and the consequences of this election will be felt for years to come.

In 2000 and 2004, American gun owners rose to the occasion and defeated tough, seasoned opponents of the Second Amendment -- Al Gore and John Kerry. And those opponents got craftier each election cycle in camouflaging their true beliefs about gun ownership.

Today, we face a different challenge. Barack Obama has such a long, openly anti-gun record that he cannot hide his true stance. All he can do is try to paper it over with platitudes. "If you've got a gun in your house, I'm not taking it," Obama says on the campaign trail, although he voted in Illinois to do just that. And he goes on to admit the real obstacle: "Even if I wanted to take it away, I couldn't get it done. I don't have the votes in Congress."

In contrast, we have John McCain and Sarah Palin. Make no mistake about it, the best hope to protect the Second Amendment is the election of John McCain. Sen. McCain has a strong record of supporting the Second Amendment, and Gov. Palin would be a stellar new voice for gun owners in Washington.

The record is clear. Barack Obama, with his career of supporting every gun control scheme he's ever encountered, would be the most anti-gun president in American history.

Our mission -- and our duty to protect the Second Amendment -- is to defeat Barack Obama, now.

We must ensure that Obama never has the chance to push the radical schemes he promoted in Illinois, or voted for in the U.S. Senate, or funded through the Joyce Foundation. And we must ensure that the Congress, the governors and the state legislatures all stand against Obama and those who think like him. The only way we can do this is by voting for candidates endorsed by the NRA Political Victory Fund. Go to www.NRAPVF.org and identify your pro-gun candidates. They need your support this Tuesday!

John McCain and Sarah Palin -- and all the NRA-PVF endorsed candidates -- need your vote. And they need the votes of your family, your friends and your fellow sportsmen as well.

Take action. Vote. Make sure that everyone you know who supports freedom votes on Tuesday.

Now is the time to make "Vote Freedom First" a reality. On November 4, defeat Barack Obama and Joe Biden, by voting John McCain and Sarah Palin.

• Volunteer
    • Find Your EVC

• Write Your Reps

• Join the NRA

To unsubscribe from NRA-ILA email alerts copy and paste the below address into your browser's address bar:
    http://www.ilaalerts.org/UM/U.asp?B1.2.5304.3198512

Paid for by the NRA Political Victory Fund and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.
    11250 Waples Mill Road | Fairfax, Virginia 22030 | 800-392-8683 | Contact Us | Privacy & Security Policy

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"If you've got a gun in your house, I'm not taking it," Obama says on the campaign trail, although he voted in Illinois to do just that. And he goes on to admit the real obstacle: "Even if I wanted to take it away, I couldn't get it done. I don't have the votes in Congress."</i><br>
    <br>
    If the predictions hold out, Obama WILL have the votes in congress.<br>
    <br>
    <i>Sen. McCain has a strong record of supporting the Second Amendment....</i><br>
    <br>
    Well, if you don't count things like his screwing gunowners over in Oregon and his voting to renew the 1994 semi-auto ban. McCain has lost votes to third parties because of his actions, with most going to Bob Barr. McCain the compromiser did not think ahead to how that could come back to bite him one day.<br>
    <br>
    <i>...Gov. Palin would be a stellar new voice for gun owners in Washington.</i><br>
    <br>
    She's McCain's only hope for bringing some of the above dissatisfied gun owners back into the fold.<br>
    <br>
    Republicans chose a rather weak, wishy-washy, timid candidate who is soft on issues because he compromises too much or votes short term without thinking about long range implications, or simply craps on his friends. I would really have liked to see Fred Thompson kick the snot out of Obama. Instead, McCain the Timid acts too gentlemanly towards Obama.

3. JH

JH Well-Known Member

ANYONE WHO VALUES PRIVATE GUN OWNERSHIP AND VOTES FOR OBAMA IS AN IDIOT!

4. ShawnaTX

ShawnaTX TS Member

Amen.

VOTE REPUBLICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.