1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA mentality is simple

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by CharlesK80, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Just sell more guns. Without limit. To anyone.

On Friday we will hear the NRA ride its hobbyhorse. “Guns will prevent shootings.” Just sell more guns.

2. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

Charles,

You keep speaking of mentality in your posts, of which you seem to have little.

3. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

A gun in the hands of a competant person deters more massacres than a dozen locked doors in schools. Think about it, you see schools with no guns allowed signs. So if you are the nut case, you take your gun and go there and nothing to worry about. You have signs saying an armed guard protects this school and those cowards will avoid the school like the plague. In this day and age, I think it is the ONLY sane answer. Scott

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

We the people of the United States protect other countrys but are not allowed to protect our own from within, there is something wrong with that picture ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

6. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Charles mentality is simple:

1. Something bad happened

2. I hate you

3. It's your fault.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I believe that the NRA is the only show in town.

However, they have suffered from some of their leaders. George Bush, one of the greatest supporters of the 2nd Amendment resigned his life membership.

I dont know what the exact path the NRA takes here but it is critical that all gun owners influence them. The word All is the important word there.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

An interesting theme might be to get kids out into a productive shooting sport, rather than playing violent video games

I believe the training component is missing in America, we used to train kids on firearms even in the YMCA, FTA, Boyscouts, FFA, ....etc

Regards from Iowa

Gene

8. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Just sell more guns. More guns will prevent shooting. Tune in tomorrow.

Could be a profit motive? Looks like some on TS.com bought the NRA buggy ride.

9. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Read what Ann Coulter has to say on the subject at the URL above. She makes a lot of sense and backs her conclusions with facts.

10. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Some "bad", sick, evil person does something terrible, so we as a liberal society can't blame people so we must blame things. What happened in that school isn't the problem it's the symptom of the problem. That being the (planned) moral decay of our society.

You-tube Paul Hervey's 1962 If I were the devil. Pretty scarry

11. Bill T

Bill T Active Member

Don't try to argue with this idiot. He's not worth the bandwidth, or the common courtesy you people are giving him..

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

An Anti gun statement from a guy that has K80 in his sign on name?

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Gene, how long have you been a shill for The Brady Campaign?

14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Other aspects overlooked, IMO: 1. Those committing these henious crimes are not insane in a legal sense, but almost always have huge mental health issues. Often, if medicated, they skip taking their drugs and become violent.

2. Too often guns in the greater environment of the "crazies" are unsecured.

3. "Buying more guns" per se won't help; however professionally trained personnel in a school can obviously deter crime and reduce the rate of injuries and death if the unthinkable happens. I worked in a school district that employed a campus police on all campuses from middle through high school, and these individuals were always armed.

However, one person with one handgun alone can't insure total safety. Many schools also need better architecture and layout to prevent unwanted ingress in the first place after school is in session. I honestly used to sometimes worry about catching a stray bullet entering my first floor office window when I worked in the inner city. But we have also witnessed shootings in affluent, "nice" suburban and urban areas.

4. I also am a bit put off that the shooter was labeled as having "Asperger's Syndrome". Most "Aspy" kids are not violent, the overwhelming majority. He very likely had severe mental health issues, outside of Asperger's if we can label Asperger's as a mental health affliction. In many cases, it is not, any more so than a typical neurosis. I feel this is a slight towards individuals who are "Aspy" and to their honorable and caring parents.

I do hope that this situation will be met by clear heads who are willing to act and not react; sudden and new gun control laws won't solve the problem nor will a sudden influx of armed teachers. I feel if armed protection in schools in increased, such protection shall be in the hands of trained professionals and/or paraprofessionals. No one tactic will solve the problem; but after the shock is over, I feel the entire picture of seemingly unprovoked violence needs to be addressed, and it "ain't by any means entirely about the gun"; IMO it is about why too many reach out to injure and spontaneously kill anybody in their proximity.

15. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Some many gun grabbers on this site.

16. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

The NRA has never advocated selling guns to anyone. I've been a member of the NRA (and proud of it) for over 40 years and have never heard that from their platform, legal action, nor officials. I guess by you referring to anyone includes me. I am like many who buy guns legally in this country as follows: (1) respect law enforcement; (2) respect constitutional rights; (3) believe that the intent of the 2nd Amendment was to guarantee a free individual; (3) love the shooting sports and participates frequently; (4) believe that people, not the firearm, commit crimes; (5) work hard and don't believe the government should take care of them; (6) wants the shooting sports to be the same for their children & grandchildren; (7) currently owns a shotgun, rifle (yes, including an AR-15 if they desire), or pistol, and have never committed an illegal act with these firearms; and the list goes on. Call me "anyone" but to you it's Mr. Anyone. BT100dc

17. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

BT-100dc,

Exactly! How anyone could view your beliefs as unreasonable is beyond me.

It is not lawful gun owners committing these crimes. Murder is already illegal, why did that be illegal stop someone from still committing the crime.

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I invite those advocating appeasing the anti's to turn THEIR guns in first.

Come on, you want others to "take one for the team", show us some leadership and turn YOUR guns in first as an example for others to follow.

19. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

Hey, automobiles kill more people in the United States than any other thing, so lets ban all automobiles - or at least the ones that will hold more than 3 gallons of gas! the beav

20. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Bt-100,
    Spot on unfortunately most peoples perception of the NRA is what they are told buy the agenda driven media.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nra mentality