1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA Membership Increasing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pdq, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdq

pdq Member

While it makes sense that NRA membership is increasing, someone recently said that they are signing up 10,000 new members a week. It'd be very easy for someone to speculate and make up such a number. Anyone know the accuracy of that number, and how does that compare to a normal week?

Pete
    Already a NRA member

2. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

When I called and upgraded my membership recently the person I spoke with on the phone told me the same number as we had to wait for the computer system that was bogged down. They said its been crazy...

Trapgeek

3. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

I can't tell you exactly how many members there are currently, I can tell you it takes a while to get through because there are so many people joining. I upgraded my wife, daughter and brother to life membership.

4. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

A week or so ago I enrolled my wife as a member. What amazes me is you have a lot of people on this blog who seem to love the shooting sports that perhaps are not NRA members. We will have to fight these battles more and more in the future. Please join the NRA as you are needed as these people in Washington only respond to strength in numbers. Please be a number. BT100dc

5. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet Active Member

Last night on tv they said the NRA membership had increased more than 500,000 since the school incident. This was on one of the Fox News shows.

Dave

6. Cray

Cray Member

It should be MANDATORY that EVERY member of a gun club be a member of the N.R.A. Cray

7. colt 1911

colt 1911 TS Member

in the past when you signed up to be a life member you would get a leather jacket stating you were a life member. I went to the NRA's web site to update to a life member yesterday and it appears the jacket is no longer an added bonus, can any of you new life members verify this?

thanks

8. kenf

kenf Active Member

I believe there is still a premium if you sign up for life at full price, but they are currently offering discounted life memberships for $300, either with or without current life member sponsor. If you need one, pm me, I'd be glad to do it.

9. jakeduke

jakeduke Member

Cray I understand you feelings but I cant agree with your satement of MANDATORY. I belong to the NRA and have for years. The Constitution is based on freedoms of choice of individuals to. Some of the Political leaders would like to put MANDATORY Bull$hit laws in place to undermind the Constitution.It is up to us to vote those people out of power. I am not flamming at you just saying freedoms should be recognized by all of us. I do think that more people should carry and express the right to bear arms. The mass killings would soon stop if the majority of people would carry and stop the free will killing. Instead the Bumbs in power want you to think you should be under their control.

I dont think carrying or not should be MANDATORY but it would deter a $hit load of crime if people armed themselfs.

10. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

My pistol club in Warren, OH requires 100% verified NRA membership. It's a good thing and I support it 100%. BT100dc

11. 548

548 Guest

The day my clubs require NRA membership as a condition to join is the day I go club shopping.

Less than 4% of gun owners are members of the National Rifle Association. If the NRA's message and business practices were a little more palatable to mainstream America they would enjoy better numbers. Numbers just plain can't lie.

12. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Keep thinking that way, and you'll be vacant of any guns you may own ( or those that you make believe that you own).

13. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

My Son and I are Life Members of the NRA.

From time to time some of my friends grype about the avalanch of mail requesting donations to the NRA.

Here is a suggestion for the NRA. Send out a notice requesting the member indicate on a return card how often they would like to hear from the NRA. This would save the NRA on mailing costs and end unresponsive requests. Got the idea from the Salvation Army.

Charlie

14. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

When someone buys a new or used firearm from a FFL dealer, the NRA should GIVE that person a FREE 1 year membership in the NRA. All benefits etc. apply.

I agree with the idea that every club should require members who join be a member of the NRA. If they are not, when a new member joins, that person should get a free 1 year NRA membership.

Let's assume that there are 300,000,000 privately owned firearms in this country. Imagine the political clout and power that an NRA with 50,000,000 members would have. Or even 20,000,000 ?

Each of us should be doing everything we can to convince folks who aren't members to join. Help them get over the petty, nit-picking reasons people give for not joining. Getting too many mailings? Really? I don't like the Exec Director. Really? etc etc.

Gene in Illinois

15. JH

JH Well-Known Member

You sir, are a CRETIN. If you truly value private gun ownership you would be a BENEFACTOR of the NRA.

Stand and fight the gun-grabbers: CNN, MSNBC, NYT, CBS, ABC, and other feminized, metrosexual, entitled, liberal talking-heads fear the NRA....

Join the NRA...protect private gun ownership and the shooting sports....don't buy into the anti-NRA PROPAGANDA WAR being waged by the LEFTISTS....

P.S. The NRA's ranks are growing to the chagrin of the narcissists!

16. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

548, our gun club requires NRA membership & I've never heard anyone complain about it. I don't believe you understand how important the NRA is to ALL shooting sports enthusiast.

i_shoot

17. jakeduke

jakeduke Member

Why would anyone turn away a club member that does not belong to the NRA ? I dont understand that at all. Every law abiding citizen has the rite to firearms and the right to express that rite. So if I dont belong to the NRA I cant join a club? IMHO that will only divide more gun owners. Truth be known we the people should stand against all the lobbying in congress that is an invitation to corruption.Stand firm on the Constitution. Demand equal judgement in the court system no political immunity,no money influence.

As I said I belong to the NRA have for a long time I believe they have a good voice, but I also believe people need to organize and protect the Amendments we have already. Maybe Have a National EXPRESS YOUR FREEDOM TO BEAR ARMS DAY.

I hope the club I belong to Never makes the MANDATORY NRA join or no membership. The more people that join firearms clubs will become more unified gun owners and become a closer knit people.

I am not a Leftist i am like most Americans that work hard for a living to try to support my family, my way of life,and my grandchildrens future, and I will stay that way I hope for the rest of my life.

18. Cray

Cray Member

jakeduke: I believe you do not live in New York. I do.
    What's happened in New York is going to happen in other states-soon! Cray

19. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

With the Democrats eager to pass gun control legislation, how making people join the NRA to promote safe gun handling, storage and use.

People would have to go through periodic safety classes to keep those nasty AR's, shotguns and pistols they own. If they refuse to join, the IRS will fine them and seize their guns, until they comply.

Would you then be shopping for a new party?

20. jakeduke

jakeduke Member

Cray You are correct I live in KY. I dont know what is happening in NY. I will continue to support the NRA I will also keep voting for people who support our gun freedoms. I will say to the people that dont vote. You dont support the Constitution if you dont vote. Remember that the next time you see your freedoms are getting challenged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.