1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA meeting in Louisville

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bisi, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

The NRA is having their annual meeting in Louisville this weekend. Anybody ever been to one of these things? It wouldn't be that far of a drive for me and I'm not doing anything this weekend, so I thought I might drive over.

I'm not interested in any meetings or stuff like that. Just though I might go over an look at some of the exhibits. Just wondering if it was worth the drive and gas money?

I have no idea where my NRA membership card is, haven't seen it for years. I'm sure sure I could in by taking my NRA magazine with me. I think that has the membership number on it.

Just wondering if anybody had been to one of these annual meetings?

2. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

It is well worth going to for the exhibits. The manufacturers will have all of the latest firearms there and you will come home with a ton of literature. Went to the one in Seattle a number of years ago and really enjoyed it.

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I agree it is worth a trip just for the exhibits. The exception would be the ATA booth. Last time I went, Milwaukee in 2006?, the ATA booth had nobody on either side of the table. Good place to go if you need a break and want to get out of the flow of traffic.

Bob

4. primed

primed Well-Known Member

For comparison, Deiter Krieghoff was manning the Krieghoff booth.

Bob

5. spritc

spritc Active Member

A friend and I are going on Sunday. It's been many years since the last for me. I'm sure it will worth the gas money and much more.

Steve

6. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Bisi,

I have been to two NRA Meetings. I met and had along conversation with Elmer Keith at the Washington D.C. meetings in 1969 and ended up going two days running. I was stationed at Quantico so it was an easy drive. Then in 1996 I volunteered for the Meetings in Dallas and worked the air rifle booth. Got to meet Marion Hammer and helped her grandson shoot at the booth.

My advice is DON'T MISS IT! Everyone is at the exhibits and the guys manning the booths are the top guys. I went by the MEC booth with a question about an older Sizemaster. The guy I talked to gave me an improved charge bar while I was standing there. I visited the Buck Knives booth and the CEO, C.J. Buck was there and engraved his signature on my old Duke I had with me. The people in the industry that you have the opportunity to talk to, the guns, gear, the outfitters and other NRA members all in one place make it a great day (or two). And it is free for all members.

HBT

7. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

If you like firearms you will enjoy the exhibit hall. It is a good time and lots of eye candy. Be sure you wear your walking shoes and plan on spending the good part of the day............Roger

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Wow!!! I just got back from Louisville. The place was hugh! I was impressed to say the least. Not many trap guns but more rifles and handguns than you could count, and plenty of everything else.

Like the posters above say, it is a must do, attend the NRA annual meeting if you get a chance.

9. TCFelty

TCFelty Member

Just got back this afternoon myself. Its at the expo center right off interstate 65. I drove 2 hours to get there and it was worth it. Had a great time. Well worth it. The way things are going you better go while you can because you may not get another chance later on in the coming years. Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.