1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA lifetime membership cost?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Got a check from the NRA yesterday for $400.00.. all I have to do is send it in along with $600 more and i'll be a lifetime member.. question is.. Is this the best deal going cost wise? I have never checked into being a life time member, I paid for 5 years last time I renewed..thanks!

2. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

That is best deal they have ever offered me. I seem to recall that a friend told me he did the LM for $500, but that may have been a long time ago. The free gift is sometimes nicer than other times if that makes a difference to you. I have about 8 months until I will need to renew, and intend to do so as a "Life Member". Should have done it a long time ago.

K

3. Trap4

Trap4 Member

It depends on your age--

Trap-4

4. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

By the time it is a bargain, it isn't!

5. michae lee

michae lee Member

I just did mine. $600.00 and I got the jacket.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

The fun part is six months later when they send you a bill for renewal, LOL.

-Gary

7. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I became a Life Member on August 4, 1976 but I don't remember for sure the cost! I think it was something in the range of $125-$150, maybe a little more.

Best investment I ever made!

Allen

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

1971 for $125...

9. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Wish I had become a life member of NRA, when I became a life member of ATA in 1973.

10. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Typically during the anual renewal period (i.e., end of calendar year) you can sign up for life membership if you are sponsored by a life member.

I did it a few years ago and I think it cost $250 (or $300?).

This past year I gave a life membership to my son for hs 18th birthday, I had to upgrade to an endowment membership, but I think it cost me $150 and $300 for my son.

I would suggest you wait until November and look at the special end of year offers....

11. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I became a life member through a good deal about 4 years ago with the sponsor thing, however I since continue to write checks and with any luck by the time I check out of this world I will have paid for multiple life memberships multiple times over.

Please don't become an NRA Lifer and then stop donations, continue to recruit members and give generously. The NRA is still the most effective pro-gun lobby in the game and yes they need membership numbers, but they also need cash!!!

Right, wrong, or indifferent, we all know that is how the game in D.C. and in courtrooms nationwide is played.

12. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

I guess now they are giving a jacket made in who knows where, instead of the Minuteman statue that was made in China. I sent it back and told them to send me something made in this country, and they said they have to buy where it's the cheapest. I am all NRA, but that really disappointed me. Somebody dropped the bullet on that one.

13. avery53

avery53 Member

Awhile back I gave a donation and received a knife. Yep, made in China.
    Maybe they need to add a catagory----add $20 and you will receive an American made product.

avery

14. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

That's a pretty good deal, I'd go for it! I paid $500 10 years ago for mine.

Cheers,

George

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I think I paid $125.00 for mine back in 1975, have recieved renewals on a regular basis ever since not to mention many phone calls to renew ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I use to frequent thehighroad.org a couple years back and there on occasion, was a NRA Lifetime member offering forum members a chance to be sponsored for a Life Membership for $300. Might want to hang out on that site to see if something pops up again.

17. 17145

17145 TS Member

My father signed my brother and I up before we turned 18 years old for $125.00 each back in 1978.

18. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

I got a Life Membership free as a Junior in the 1940s. Benefactor Member now.

Hank Cross

19. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

To all those who are complaining about receiving a gift from NRA made in China, I have a question. Are all the guns you own made in the USA? How about your clothing, furniture, TV's, appliances, computer???

If NRA sent you a new Krieghoff for becoming a Life Member, would you send it back because it wasn't made in the USA? Just wondering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nra lifetime cost in 1973