1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA life of service membership FREE

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by guthooked, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guthooked

guthooked Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Firefighters, Emts, cops, active military....

Mods if in the wrong spot please move it

John S from Pa
  2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    This ought to really confuse them being as I already was a Life Member but getting annual renewal notices in the mail on a regular basis ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
  3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    I am going to have to RANT over this one!

I have family and friends in these occupations and some have retired from them.

As it might be nice to Honor them, from personal knowledge of income of those I know, THEY CAN AFFORD TO BUY A LIFE MEMBERSHIP EVEN WHEN IT WAS $750!!!!

This just add fuel to the debate the the NRA is only concerned about members who can give and give and give money to them.

And just encase some what to rant back at me, I volunteered a lot of time to the NRA and have been a member off and on my entire life. Would love to be a Life member BUT on a fixed income, enjoying shooting sports and still try to spend a couple of days hunting, EVEN at $300 is out of my league.

Thanks to the paranoia buying going on, $300 will go towards components, when I can find them so I can enjoy some shooting.

Are the rich and well off so afraid of having "poor" shooters in their midst? That is the message being put out there by these type of actions. Be careful about allowing "Life Membership" becoming a "elitist" club.

Oh ya, I guess the coffee just kicked in!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.