1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA lied..to those that answered from Bk

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bernie K, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

I explained what happened to the thread I posted in post 25 of that same thread( The NRA just lied to me. ) but I guess most of those after post 25 never bothered reading all the posts. I have been a member in the NRA for 20 years, the club I am president of has one field that was built with NRA help. I send money to them when they ask and I can give. I was not angry with the call or the money part just the way they went about asking. If someone ask you " I'am only going to ask you one question and you answered it the they started asking more what would you tell them?

I support the NRA but I think you might ask WHO is collecting the money for them. Is it the NRA or one of those agencies that are hired to collect. I will not give to phone callers. We have people that call for the Police Benevolent Asso.they are not with the police department they are hired by the police to make the calls, the collection agent gets 70% of the money. I will donate to their campaigns through the mail not on the phone.

I hope this clears this up. Bernie

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Anyone you insult, ignore, or hang up on by phone does not work for the organization they represent. That is why I continue to ignore or hang up on any such callers. Insulting them takes too much time and really, the imposition on your life is not their fault. It is the fault of the organization.

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Let's see, I've been a life member of the NRA & ATA for over 36 years, started with partners the second largest trap club in SD, but not sure that makes me much of anything.

So the NRA asked you TWO QUESTIONS instead of ONE? Good heavens. Then you start such an accusatory and sensational thread title like this? I think NOT!

Just hang the phone up, and get on with important things.

Whiz White

4. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

What Whiz said.

5. TC

TC TS Member

Also what Whiz said! I can't understand what the problem is. If I get a phone call that I don't care to participate in I simply say "Thanks, I'm not interested". Then I hang up. Real simple, not a big deal. Life is short!

6. EE

EE Banned User Banned

+1 what Whiz said. What are you going to do when something really complicated comes along?

Get over it.

EE

7. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

To the best of my knowledge the NRA does not call anyone.....They hire telemarketers to call you.......If that is still correct.....then Bk's claim is a lie.......

Bk ....ARE YOU SURE THE PERSON WHO CALLED YOU WAS THE NRA......IF NOT YOU OWE THE NRA AN APPOLOGY..

BENEFACTOR.......AND GROWING TIRED OF THE WHINERS

Bk........ Me thinks you are just a WHINER......Claiming the NRA lied to you is... asinine

8. pgithens

pgithens Member

When I join an organizaton such as the NRA that I deem worthy, I make a donation in addition to my membership. I also typically wave the magazine since I don't have as much time as I used to to read magazines. When they call for more money, (no matter who is calling), I apologize and say that I am unable to donate more at this time. Saves a lot of time and aggravation.

9. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I can't believe this whole mess started because someone asked two questions rather than one. Someone needs to get a life.

NRA Benefactor.

Also, hanger-up on phone solicitors guy.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

First see my cheap is cheap response to the original thread-

Now as far as being rude or hanging up on someone-- just shows you are an idiot- and somehow think you are more important than that person who either needs the job to call you or is volunteering their own time to call.

If you dont like the call = just say immediately that " I am not interested"

Trust me- if you hang up or are rude to someone- that means you are basically worthless yourself- not in this area of life but probably in all areas of life

regards from Iowa

Gene

11. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

This reminds me of a 'Seinfield' episode. A telemarkerter calls his house. Jerry answers, after the guys first sentence Jerry replies; "How about you give me your home ph# and I'll call you back about this"? Of course the guy answers "NO"! "I don't want you calling me at home". To which Jerry says "Exactly"! And hangs up the phone. lol Still makes me laugh to think about it. Jim

12. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Let's see. A few years ago we were allowed to register with a "do not call" system to prevent unwanted, solicitor calls. This has evidently expired or needs to be enhanced. I am never "rude" to these callers but if I get the same one repeatedly I do hang up. Normally, I tell them, whoever they are, that they are not on my "approved charity list" and then hang up.

They called me. I didn't ask them to. I didn't give them permission to interrupt my supper (the normal time of most calls in our area). I respond to NRA letters, not calls from some solicitor.

I hardly feel that this makes me "worthless", a judgemental statement if there ever was one.

I do feel sorry for someone who has to work at solicitation over the phone...must have skin as thick as a water buffalo not to go into great depression over the rejections. (Or maybe they have a dark sense of humor)>

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Stan you are obviously defensive because of your behavior.

What about a " I am not interested. Thank You" which then ends the phone call?

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.