1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA just lied to me...sorry guys read post 25

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by wireguy, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I detest fund raisers, I don't care who they work for.

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

WHY THE NERVE!!!!! 2 questions.....

You do realize that nearly all of their income is from memberships or donations right? I for one will contribute. The NRA has and continues to do the "heavy lifting".

3. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

If you're too busy, too cheap, tapped out, or just not up to listening to a request for donations from the only organization that really fights for your gun rights, then just hang up. They'll understand.

Save those kind of silly word games for calls from the Democrat party.

4. maka

maka Member

If you do not like the NRA. Call Fritz Shumer in NY. I am sure he will take care of all your gun concerns pertaining to donations.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Lied about what?

6. M-16

M-16 TS Member

WIREGUY you failed to mention anything pertaining to your thread listed. You would think you would be able to stay on topic when you wrote it

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

While speaking to one of the phone people, They informed me they would take my name off the list of folks who receive donation requests. They don't want to spend the extra money if It would not bring results.

Unlike the ATA, they don't have much of an income stream besides memberships and donations.

HM

8. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Uh Guys... Wireguy didn't start the thread - Bernie K did, then deleted his post (go figure), so unless you caught it early you have no idea what the 'gripe' was about.

9. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Why not then delete the whole thread? Kind of like a gossip saying, "Do you know what I heard about..... and then saying "but, I promised I wouldn't tell."

Maybe he had second thoughts.

10. Tekyn gold

Tekyn gold TS Member

NRA s##ks

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

With out the NRA you wouldn't be posting here Tekyn gold. If your tired of phone calls and letters asking for donations just ask to be taken off the list. If your tired of being a gun owner just keep the attitude you have.

12. Tekyn gold

Tekyn gold TS Member

NRA is a joke, I done a fundraiser for the kids at my gun club, Sold ticket for the steak diner 8.50 and handed out flyers for all the great stuff we were going to have at the auction, The night of the event the NRA dummy inform us that there was not enough people there and we will take some of the big ticket items off the table, now I look like a dummy to all my friends, and then after it was all over we was told we had to go to a board and put in a request for the money that we raised and the board would say yes or no. What a JOKE. One of the guys at the club gave us a BT99 we sold ticket for 5.00 and made a lot more that way..

13. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Tekyn, besides being damn near illiterate, what are your other problems? I have served on a Friends of the NRA banquet committee for 10 years running and know how those banquets work. First, no committee in its right mind charges $8.50 for a steak dinner that is billed in advance as a "fundraiser." Second, the money these banquets raise is pooled state-by-state, with 50% distributed within the state as grants to organizations that apply to the state committee to receive financial help with specific projects - so yeah, your group had to ask the state committee if it wanted money for its project, but those were the rules going in. By the way, the other 50% goes to a national committee, which works the same way, only on a bigger scale. ALL the money brought in by these fundraisers goes to grants for range construction/maintenance, Junior ROTC programs, youth education, etc. None of it is for political purposes. Political/lobbying money is raised elsewhere (membership dues, contributions).

All you NRA bashers need to pull your heads out of your lower orifices and take a look around. Name me one other organization half as effective at protecting our Second Amendment rights as the NRA, and I'll join it.

Jerry Wright, Oregon NRA Lifer

14. Tekyn gold

Tekyn gold TS Member

With your head in your lower orifice you are reel close to the NRA..

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Tekyn, you're the one that needs a lucite nave,..

NRA gave us money towards an additional field, and also again for clubhouse remodeling/expansion.

The sport does not need attitudes like yours.

Get back in the placenta jar.

HM

16. Tekyn gold

Tekyn gold TS Member

Just like my husband has said many times political lobbying=crooked

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I think someone, anyone should post a list of the things that have actually been accomplished by the NRA to clear the air for once and for all ... I am a Life member and have been for many years and even after asking to be removed from their list of Potential members I still get notifications in the mail several times a year ... I explained to one lady that I was not reborn and therefore my original Life Membership should still be in force ... People will tell you all the time about what the NRA has done and how they are the only game in town to protect your rights but never once list the accomplishments, so here is someone, anyones chance to let everyone know what they really do so it can be checked out to verify it ... I carry a Life Member card but do not get notified of anything they actually do or have done except ask for more donations ... I am not knocking them but someone must know or is it all a secret ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

1) In all 50 states and in the U.S. Congress, the NRA is pushing legislation to amend existing emergency-powers statutes to guarantee that local authorities never again attempt the confiscation of lawfully owned firearms.

2)Several Diverse Coalitions File Amicus Briefs in Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals Supporting NRA Lawsuit in Illinois

3) NRA led coalition of self-defense civil rights groups filed a flurry of “friend of the court” amicus briefs in the case of Nordyke v. Alamenda. The Nordyke case is now before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. It was filed by gun show promoters challenging an ordinance that bans guns on county property (effectively banning the gun show at the county fairgrounds).

4) Approximately 25 years ago, the Department of the Interior implemented regulations that generally prohibited possession of firearms in national parks unless they were “packed, cased or stored in a manner that [would] prevent their ready use.”

19. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I join 5 years at a time, honestly I think if it were not for them we would be posting questions here about which brand of surgical tubing works best on your wrist rocket at the 2 yard line trying to knock down a beer can,instead of which shot size works best at the 27..

20. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

WTF is a Tekyn Gold?????? How 'bout a Teknys Gold?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.