1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA & Harry Reid

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Chichay, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Got an e-mail from the NRA today that said they're NOT endorsing Harry Reid's re-election. Chichay

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Harry Reid is a flip flopping chickenshit politician.

Fox just showed his speech when he wanted to remove the citizenship they give anchor babies (no other country does this).

Now he is the wetback's friend.

Out with the a$$hole.

HM

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

According to records maintained by the Center for Responsive Politics (Google search) and Brandon Hall, Harry Reid's campaign manager, the NRA donated $4,950.00 to Reid's campaign and nothing to Sharron Angle's campaign. (AP)

4. Royce10

Royce10 TS Member

He showed up at Sage Hill gun club in Reno last weekend, there was a sporting clays shoot paid for by the Union Sportsman Alliance, so he slithered in for some photo-ops. Paid for with stimulus money I'll bet. I can't imagine a sportsman being a lowly demoncrap.

5. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Join the NRA, WS-1.....they just got the EPA to deny hearing arguments for the lead shot ban.....I know, that does not mean anything to you, after all, you don't own guns.....

Join the NRA the most effective pro-gun organization in the world!

6. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

So, BFD and Royce-10, now that it is public knowledge the NRA contributed $4,950.00 to Harry Reid, do you, as Sharron Angle supporters 1.)feel betrayed? and 2.) do you think that it is appropriate for the NRA, if they haven't already done so, to contribute an equal amount to Angle? For that matter, are there other members here who have experienced conflicted reactions to these revelations, and if so, would you be kind enough to share your opinions?

Respectfully, Kit Thomas

7. halfmile

After Reid's campaign manager claimes NRA support, The NRA political victory fund declined to endorse Senator Reid.

So, WS1, what part of the NRA's treasury did the money come from? or do you just get off pimping left wing websites?

The site you mentioned has no listing of the NRA. Mash the link.

Moral: Don't listen to campaign managers. Especially Democrats.

HM

8. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I have an e-mail in to the NRA regarding any cash contribution to Reid, but meanwhile here's the news article on the topic. - The last paragraph reports that Reid has NRA money.

I've been a member of the NRA for over 40 years and an NRA-ILA member for 10 years, and it just sickens me. I'll reserve my final judgment for the NRA's response to my inquiry.

Kip

9. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Halfmile,

WS-1 believes the NRA is a Communist organization. He thinks Wayne Lapierre is a KGB agent and most members were also trained by Communists.

He will spin any bit of information to make the NRA look bad regardless of degree of veracity.

Be patient with him, eventually, he may come to his senses.

10. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

I've been a NRA member for a good long time and have noticed that lately they will seem to disregard most other issues as long as the candidate supports the 2nd ammendment as in the case of Reid. I was almost surprised to see that they are dumping him! Good for them!!!

Steve

11. halfmile

I went to the website mentioned and saw nothing re NRA/Reid, although there is a link to donors, no NRA listed.

All the google links I followed spoke of not endorsing Reid.

Waiting fro WS1 to vet the info.

HM

12. RV4driver

RV4driver TS Member

After they smooched up to Reid after his support for the Nevada gun range, they probably feel the need to make kissy-kissy with the members. I know I needed some reassurance after the behind-hickey generating article in American Rifleman. They ALMOST lost me with that one. I'm sorry, but one spectacular gun-range in Nevada doesn't save the 2nd amendment for me.

Jeff In Colorado

13. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I'll wait to see if they endorse his opponenet before I renew my membership.

14. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

HM,

Please go to the Google homepage and enter "Gun Amendment Supporters Backed by NRA Donations" into the Google Search box. The first entry on the Google engine page should have a lead date of July 22, 2009. Clicking on that will take you to the website, OpenSecrets.org which is the the website for The Center for Responsive Politics. Please scroll down to the third paragraph of the report. There, you will find the underlined words, National Rifle Association. Please click on those words. When the next page opens, you will see the words National Rifle Assn in large block print. Just above those words are 7 small tabs. Click on the second tab from the left, "Recipients." When the next page opens, you should see a "Select Cycle" box. It will show the date 2010. Please scroll down just a bit to the word Senate, below which you will see the underlined word DEMOCRATS. Please click on that word. When the next page opens, please scroll down to a small box in which you should find the names of two democrat senators with dollar amounts shown beside them.

Perhaps you will be kind enough to share your findings with the members of Trapshooters.com.

Respectfully, Kit Thomas

15. halfmile

My findings:

Open secrets .org has a search box at the top of the page. I typed in "NRA contributes to Harry Reid". The result:

"Select which field to search onSearching 2010 ContributionsContributor: 0 unique names in 0 states contain "NRA contributes to Harry Reid" in 0 total contributions.Occupation/Employer: 0 unique Occupation/Employer in 0 states contain "NRA contributes to Harry Reid" in 0 total contributions.
    Advanced Donor Search"

As I see it, you have an old posting, JUly 22nd. This donation was announced by Brandon Hall, not the NRA.

I have, in Google or Yahoo searches, found many items with old dates on them.

This particular subject was posted on several blogs by various individuals, none later than July 26.

To sum up:

I feel that Brandon Hall possibly had what he considered to be a commitment in July and shot off his mouth a little prematurely.

All of the most recent information, from reliable (not blog) sites has the announcement of non support mentioned in prvious posts on this thread.

The online version of the Las Vegas Sun for Saturday, August 28, says the NRA won't endorse Harry Reid.

A lot can happen in a month. I think maybe you are chewing on some old cabbage.

Kipling's link says Brandon Hall announced the NRA money donation. I would like to know what the NRA says.

I think the public repudiation of Reid says enough. If he got money before the Kagan confirmation, The NRA has a little egg on its face.

So the question for now is not whether the NRA is supporting him, but did he get any money?

HM

16. JH

JH Well-Known Member

halfmile,

WS-1 does not "chew on some old cabbage" ...it is more "buffalo chips"....he will relentlessly spin any information to diminish the NRA....I am wondering if he works for Handgun Control, Moveon.org, or some splinter pro-gun group who is raiding the NRA for members.....

He should be attacking the democrats or the liberals, but he is more into cannibalizing his own (assuming the guy actually is a shooter)......

I will confront his anti-NRA tripe anytime he posts it......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.