1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

nra gun insurance???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by greendrake, Jun 15, 2013.

1. greendrake

greendrake Member

Does anyone have a P/C insurance plan with the NRA? I have quite a few toys, and we may be moving. I'd like them properly insured while out of town. Thoughts/advice. ty russ

2. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

The NRA insurance is a joke. Get it through your homeowners policy.

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

If you use your home owner policy make sure your covered when traveling (staying at a motel, at a shoot, in your vehicle), to include flying.

What do you get back if lost/stolen? Replacement value or depreciated value? Gun case replacement? Cost of Modifications?

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Smokintom giveth bad advice...

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Sportsman's Insurance is the way to go. It covers almost EVERYTHING, world wide, unless you leave your arm in an unlocked car.

Even covers damage to the gun, knocked off a gunrack, etc.

6. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

If you make any kind of sizable claim on your homeowner's insurance the chances are they will not renew the insurance.

Insured with the same company for 20+ years without any claims. My home was broken into and they took my wife's jewelry, a Rolex watch, some small bronzes,
    a pair of binoculars and a new laptop. Everything was listed on the policy and we had receipts and they tried to settle for what they called "present value" rather than full replacement as the policy stated.

When out policy was up for renewal they cancelled us -- and when you're cancelled no one will insure you -- NO ONE! We had to go into the State's program and pay much higher rate's for 5 years before we could get normal homeowner's insurance again.

I've also had two claims on my NRA insurance policy that were paid -- one took a little time and the other took less than a month. The NRA doesn't actually insure you, they use a private company. The claim that took what I thought was a little longer than needed was underwritten by Lloyd's of London.

It helps if you have photographs, receipts, etc.

7. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

Call Tim Hartsock @ Core-Vens Insurance - one of the best in the business. 563-242-5423. They insure many collections of Collector Arms Dealers Assn (CADA). Better rates and protection than most homeowner riders. Guns, art, shells, jewelry, etc.
    DGG

8. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

Smokintom had to deal with them.Its a joke.

Search tags for this page

nra gun insurance for members

nra gun insurance policy