1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA elections???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapwife, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Can anyone guide me to the information about the upcoming NRA board of directors elections?

2. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

This is an excellent question! I have often wondered how to choose among so many qualified people, without the vote being a popularity contest.

LA in MA

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Karla,

What is it you want to know?

Scott

4. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

There is another thread on here where this is being lightly discussed.

5. oz

oz Active Member

life members 5 year members and up get to vote. i am a life member and i vote. oz

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Also a lifer and I vote. I try to read about the candidates and select those that have the experience and such to match my wants or remarkable reputations. But, I also pay considerable attention to the recommendations of the Nominating Committee.......breakemall

7. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

The nominating commitee IMO are the ones who sold us out. They made the deals with Reid and the dumbocrats. They no longer hold the line but compromise our rights. I am a life member, and my dad made me a member before I could hold a rifle, 70 ish years ago, I no longer vote for party favors.

8. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

Thanks Karla for posting this thread as I had almost forgotten to vote! I always vote as I am a Life Member and not only is it a right to vote but I feel it is a duty to vote. I review the candidates information and try to vote based on my feeling as to the ones that would represent the membership and vote for our interests. Not ever candidate that I vote for gets elected but I vote anyway.

Allen

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I don't vote for party favors either, especially those horns with the tassels on the end. Man those things drive me crazy.

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Oh yea, or the ones that unroll and then roll back up when you quit blowing. I hate those too.

11. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Is there any site on the internet where we can look up the voting information? I tried NRA.com and couldn't find anything, did I overlook it? or is there another place to get the candidates info?

12. edgarmcmr

edgarmcmr TS Member

I believe if you are eligible to vote there will be a ballot in your NRA magazine. (Member for at least 5 years or a life member)

13. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

The Ballot and Candidate info is in the March 2011 issue of the American Rifleman.

Allen

14. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I just checked the Digital version of the American Rifleman (I get the printed one as well) and there is limited candidate information on the digital one.

I would assume that those that get the digital version only and are elgible to vote would receive the ballot and other info by U.S. Postal Service.

Allen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.