1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA Did it to us again

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Shawn Hannity just verified to the radio public that the NRA put it's support to
    Harry Reid We NRA Members need to voice our opinion to them that we do not support their endorsement and will cease to give the NRA any membership monies.

This is the same thing that the AARP did by upper mgmnt endorsments.

We need to change the NRA President and all upper management for doing this and selling us down the river.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

"put it's support to Harry Reid"

What do you mean by "support"? Did they endorse Reid over Angle? Angle has an A+ rating over Reid with a B.

3. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Nancy is over rated to Reid BUT Reid has 12 mil for the campaign, Looks like the NRA can be bought. I will definitely give them an ear full tomorrow.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I've heard both ways that the NRA has, and has not, supported Reid. Is there a link to an official NRA announcement about this?

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Brian,

The NRA has NOT "officially" endorsed any candidate yet. They will "grade" them and give them money shortly. I won't/don't want to send money to the NRA and they then send it to reid,,,,,so if they endorse reid over Angle, I will let my membership expire and no longer give them money on their phone solicitations....

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I can't find any mention of it anywhere. Searched Hannitys home page hard.

7. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Okay....there has to be an orchestrated effort from some on this board to attack the NRA at every turn......hmmm, what could possibly be the underlying motive/reason?

Hypotheses:

1. To drum up support for an alternative so-called pro-gun organization? (Remember, gun rights are preserved when the gun issue is supported by people in power, regardless of party affiliation.) The NRA is a single issue organization with the most political pro-gun clout: Protecting Gun Rights

2. These people are moles for gun-control groups who seek to DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

3. These people are misinformed and are distorting facts for self-gain (see above).

4. These people don't see the FOREST for the trees.

5. Some of the above.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Nevada isn't a normal kind of state. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if ol' dingey Harry doesn't win there again. Lots of corruption through the power of the unions there......after all Vegas is there folks.

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

......hmmm, what could possibly be the underlying motive/reason?

Here's a new one for you to consider Bangalore: to tell the truth. I know, I know, just telling the flat out truth and not backing away from it is a foreign concept for you. I understand. Making deals with the enemy and compromising with the enemy and calling it victory is more your speed.

By the way, did I not just post that I could NOT find that report anywhere? That's because.................drum roll...............as best as I can tell it didn't happen. Can you imagine it? Even though saying it didn't happen doesn't buttress my reputation as #1 NRA hater, I said it because........it's the truth.
    Orchestrated movement........man that is funny. Myself and others hold secret HATE NRA meetings with secret handshakes and decoder rings. Don't bother trying to infiltrate us. We're a secret. Really.

10. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Focus....wireguy....focus.....

The NRA is a single issue organization: Protecting Gun Rights. Over the last ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY YEARS OR SO, they have navigated the ever-changing political landscape with the same goal: Protecting Gun Rights.......

Key Phrase: Navigating the Political Landscape (realities of the moment) to ensure continued private firearms ownership.....

The Goal is to Protect Gun Ownership and keeping people in political power with a solid pro-gun voting record ..... IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT PARTY THE POWERFUL PRO-GUN POLITICIAN BELONGS TO....AS LONG AS THEY CONSISTENTLY VOTE PRO-GUN....(now, please, have a cup of tea and clear your head and see if you can grasp the last sentence.)

Maybe you will Join the NRA and I can nominate you for a directorship position...

11. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

"Navigating the Political Landscape (realities of the moment)"

There's another term for this Bangalore. Moral relativism. It is what you champion because you haven't the stuff to understand that without a moral underpinning, victory is meaningless. Once we divorce ourselves, as you clearly do, from a moral underpinning for why we believe our position is correct, we can simply declare victory and the real world results mean nothing. After all, there was nothing at stake worth taking a hard nosed position and refusing to back down for, right? We'll just compromise with the enemy, who always gets something that is rightfully ours while all we get is some time before their next assault. But so what? By compromising we got a "victory", and after enough of these "victories" achieved through political expediancy and moral relativism, we will wake up one morning as subjects on our way to the gallows. As they place the noose around our necks we can comfort ourselves with the thought of all those politically expediant "victories".

Does this mean we never tactically manipulate our way through the political landscape? Of course not. We must be tactically smart, but as soon as we compromise our core beliefs we have already lost the fight. Our core beliefs is ALL WE HAVE TO COMPROMISE WITH. Can you understand that profound fact? What else do we have to offer? It is we who have something to lose. They have NOTHING. Every time we compromise we lose SOMETHING. They gain something, and give back nothing. Does this mean we sometimes get our asses kicked? Yes it does. But here's the thing. When we get our asses kicked by refusing to sell out our liberties, we have something we can take to the American people and show them what the enemy just did to them, and who the enemy is. As much as I am cynical about the average American, I do believe they detest being told what to do. At some point they do get angry, as we are presently seeing. At some point they have had enough of being lorded over by royalty. If all they ever see from US is our willingness to compromise however, at what point do they say no more? After all, we never said no more. We always compromised and called it victory.

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

You dont give them any membership monies- what a laugh-- that goes to the price of the magazine--

Second- you are free to write them any time or vote in their elections- if you dont do that- thats your fault because you are a weak sister that is just a whiner-

Get involved or quit complaining

Finally- I think you have the facts wrong

regards from Iowa

Gene

13. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Since the Supreme Court McDonald decision on 2nd Amendment rights, there has been an obvious media/democrat campaign to discredit the NRA with its membership and gun owners nationwide with a sudden new round of stories circulating. Media stories and rumors with no actual evidence are rife and many of the more credulous (and some who apparently support the left) are picking up these stories and beathlessly "reporting" them on varous forums and blogs, again without evidence that the stories are real. The left is furious that the Supreme Court decided in favor of our rights, and is obviously determined to "punish" the gun rights most powerful supporter, as well as undermine its ability and effectiveness in any further court cases which could seriously undermine their drive towards ultimate gun control. The left's anger toward the NRA is driving most or all of this.

Jim R

14. 3200 tony

3200 tony TS Member

Just called the NRA (1-800-672-3888), and I was told that they have not endorsed "Dirty Harry".

Tony S

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

READ the Darn Posting requirements!!

Some of Us use the Category View so we don't have to wade thru all the opinions on here. Please be considerate of those who don't share yours!!

Jim C

16. shoottens

shoottens TS Member

Harry Reid is a major scumbag. He will sell out to any lobbyist organization that gives him the $$$$$$. The NRA is a lobbyist organization and the objective is to get positive votes from Reid regarding firearms and ammunition. He is no different from any other thief elected in Washington.

Al Beggelman

17. JTEA

JTEA Member

Valid discussion, perhaps the root has been missed. Who appointed Shawn Hannity as GOD and why believe every word coming from his mouth? Isn't his #1 job to get ratings by stirring controversy. Divisiveness is not his concern, controversy is. Apparently he succeeded, perhaps more facts are in order first.

"Shawn Hannity just verified to the radio public that the NRA put it's support to Harry Reid We NRA Members need to voice our opinion to them that we do not support their endorsement and will cease to give the NRA any membership monies."

JT

18. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

THIS IS AN ARTICLE THAT WAS IN NRAHQ CLUB MAGAZINE. MY GUESS IS THAT IT HAS TO DO WITH THIS
    Lawmakers and Firearms Industry Celebrate
    Dedication of Clark County Shooting Park
    Dobson, North Carolina
    Las Vegas, NEVADA. – United States Senate Majority
    Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), Senator John Ensign (R-NV),
    Rep. Shelley Berkley (D-NV), Nevada Governor Jim Gibbons
    (R), Clark County Commission Chairman Rory Reid and
    Commissioner Tom Collins joined with senior executives from
    the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) – the trade
    association for the firearms industry – in dedicating to Clark
    County (NV) 178 acres of the Clark Country Shooting Park
    (CCSP) as a public module.
    Set to open later this year, the CCSP public module
    includes:
    Shotgun Center: This feature contains 24 combination
    Trap and Skeet fields, a 5,443 – square-foot shotgun center
    with a reception area, a pro shop, shotgun storage lockers and
    a cafeteria. It also features 80 full-service RV sites, a clay target
    storage building, lit ranges and shade ramadas.
    Public Rifle/Pistol Center: The Public Rifle/Pistol Center
    offers 30 shooting points up to 50 yards; 15 shooting points
    up to 200 yards; 15 points up to 100 yards, night lights, shade
    ramadas, concrete shooting tables, covered shooting areas,
    a 3,000 – square-foot building with a convenience store, a
    reception area, a 30 – seat classroom, restrooms and a pro
    shop.
    Hunter Education Center: This 4,400 square foot
    building contains three 30-seat classrooms expandable up to
    one 90-seat classroom, two offices for Nevada Department of
    Wildlife use, and restrooms. It also features night lighting, a
    100-meter archery range with 10 positions, a 100-yard range
    with 10 positions and a 50-yard range with 20 positions. It will
    also contain a shotgun range and two walking field courses.
    Archery Center: The Archery Center houses a knowndistance
    archery range, covered firing points, classroom area,
    restrooms, and shade ramadas.
    “As the largest shooting park in the world, this state-ofthe-
    art facility represents Nevada’s pride in gun ownership and
    shooting sports,” Senator Reid said. “In addition to providing
    a safe place for Nevadans to hone their shooting skills, the
    park will provide important firearms training and gun safety
    programs. I am glad to have been a part of securing land and
    funding for this project and I thank everyone involved with the
    project for making it a reality.”
    The CCSP is a member of NSS F’s Association of
    Shooting Ranges (NASR ), the National Rifle Association
    (club member) and the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce.
    The NASR is the leader in shooting range management and
    operations and has established a “five star” program, which
    sets standards for recreational shooting ranges. The CCSP
    has been designed to meet and exceed this “five star” rating.
    “We congratulate the people of Nevada on establishing a
    premiere shooting facility where all law-abiding Nevadans, and
    visitors to the Silver State, will have an opportunity to engage
    in firearms training and the shooting sports,” said NSSF Senior
    Vice President and General Counsel Lawrence G. Keane.
    “We as an industry are thankful to the many legislators at the
    federal, state and local levels of government who have played a
    role in helping to develop the CCSP. In particular, we would
    like to thank Sen. Reid for his outstanding leadership in this
    regard.”
    The general manager for the CCSP is Don Turner, who
    has been an officer of the NASR and has previously served
    as Chief Rangemaster for the Ben Avery Shooting Facility
    (Arizona) and the statewide project leader for shooting ranges
    in Arizona.
    “In 2002, Sen. Reid and Sen. Ensign, Rep. Gibbons (now
    Governor), and Rep. Berkley submitted a bill to transfer 2,900
    acres of land to Clark County specifically for this shooting
    park,” Turner said. “All of the shooters in Nevada appreciate
    their help, the great support from the Clark County Board of
    County Commissioners and our very dedicated 30 – member
    Citizen Advisory Committee for allowing this facility to be
    realized. There can be no doubt that the CCSP is a community
    project with tremendous backing from the public.”
    Media Contact:
    Ted Novin 203-426-1320 (o)
    202-253-1860 (c)
    tnovin@nssf.org
    26 l club connection l Volume 14, Number 4
    business

19. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

I think the NRA has made the political calculation that the Rs are not going to be able to take control of the Senate in '10.

Now if that is what they believe, then keeping Reid in office serves us better than having his opponent win because if Ried loses then the majority leadership would fall to another D....like Shumer of someone of his ilk.

It ain't rocket science boys.

The NRA has done more for us in the past 40 years that all the other gun rights organizations combined.

To bad mouth the NRA is foolishness of a very high order.

20. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

So redhawk,,,,should we all then become "one issue" voters,,,,seems like this is one of the causes of our current situation....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.