1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA convention - Nicely done!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spritc, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spritc

spritc Active Member

A Korean War veteran and I went to the NRA convention on Sunday. Our goal was to see everything we could see in four hours and head back home. I can happily report that nearly every firearms manufacturer in the free world was present along with hundreds of supporting companies. The NRA people were very gracious and friendly as were the manufactures reps. We met with the guys from the new Ithaca Gun Company and they seemed poised to continue the legacy. However, I was told the new model 37s would sell for around $800-$900, which I thought was very high. Browning and Winchester had large displays accross the isle from one another, which makes sense since they are both owned by FN. Beretta had a very large display where I saw the new UGB? We got to meet with Oliver North and he autographed his books for us. What a nice, authentic patriot. I'm sure we didn't see everything, as a matter of fact we never got to the K or P gun side of the Expo center, but I'm sure all the big names were there. I highly recommend this event when it comes to a location near you.

I am the NRA and I VOTE and have a badge to prove it. I will be voting for our gun rights and McCain is my candidate, please make him yours.

Thank you,

Steve

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

Correction, I just went through the program and Krieghoff, Kolar and Perazzi did not have booths at the convention. Ljutic did have a booth as did Remington.

Steve

3. spritc

spritc Active Member

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

We went on Thursday and returned Sunday evening. Spent around 1200.00 total and walked a lot more than that, no regrets at all, wish I would have attended one of these sooner. My wife and I met and shook hands with Oliver North, Glen Beck, and Marcus Luttrell. On Friday we listened to many speakers including John McCain, Mike Huckabee, Oliver North, Marcus Luttrell, Mitt Romney, multiple Senator's and military persons. Wife sat through a Refuse to be a Victim class, and on Sunday sat in on Ted Nugents speech. Spent some time in the airgun range, I now need a new toy. The banquet on saturday night was unbeliveable, around 5000 people in one room (with no pillars), a very nice tribute to Charlton Heston, that event was topped of with Glenn Beck and his speech. For those of you that may not know Glenn Beck he is on CNN each week night at 7 & 9. He is our friend of gun rights and just being a good American and PRODUCTIVE member of society. Thank you NRA, the manufactures, and related busisnesses that made this happen. I really felt like everyone around welcomed gun owners and it was nice to carry in a city and state that supports our rights.

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

6. spritc

spritc Active Member

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Thanks for sharing that. I've been wanting to go to one but they're usually too far away from Idaho for us to afford to go. I'm glad to see Charlton Heston has received the recognition he deserves. I'd liked to have met him and thanked him for everything including his WWII service. Scottsdale is a far piece too, but is in the same state as my husband's parents. Maybe we could go to AZ & kill two stones with one bird...

Jennifer
    NRA Life Endowment
    Charter member of Second Amendment Sisters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.