1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA convention awesome

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Awesome show in Pittsburgh. Met two of the last two Flight navigators on the Enola Gay who dropped the bomb on Japan, Both are in there late 90's. I asked them what it was like to drop an Atomic Bomb. They said it was a big boom and they smiled. Also met and had a long talk with Oylimpic shooter Kim Rhodes. Saw her Gold and Silver Metals. Those are huge and are solid gold and silver.

2. Glenn E.

Glenn E. TS Member

Earl,
    For the last time it's MEDALS not metals. Do you own a dictionary? maybe you can pawn one of your (metals) for one. Help me out here Big Don Please. I also beleive Kim Rhode not Rhodes.

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Smsnyder, those big olympic gold medals are not gold. They are plated solid silver, sorry to brake the news to you. Like you I always thought they were solid gold until my good friend won one and told me. If you were at the Pa. hall of fame ceremony at Elysburg about 1994-5 you would have heard him tell you that.

4. smsnyder

Penguin, is your work on stocks perfect? I don't think so. Your always negative about my threads and directed towards me. I know who you are. Yes, Kim told me one metal was solid gold. Penguin, hope your proud of yourself.

5. Glenn E.

Glenn E. TS Member

rpeerless,
    miss spellings are one thing you got me there, definitions are another.Trust me Earl its nothing personal.Kim told me one metal was solid gold your words not mine. Its MEDAL not matal what don't you get about that.It's not negative I'm trying to help you out here.

6. smsnyder

Penguin i I have done fine all these years without you. Spelling errors never has cost me money . .Amazing

7. Glenn E.

Glenn E. TS Member

I'm sorry to have upset you Earl. You have done fine all these years, you deserve a matal. You are taking this way to personal. What is amazing is my teasing you about the "METAL" "MEDAL" thing and you keep saying metal. Trust me Earl it's all in fun.I never met a used car salesman that I didn't like.LOL

8. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

"BEWARE - THE THREAD POLICE ARE PRESENT AT ALL TIMES"... Jim

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Earl, in 1976 Don Haldeman won a gold medal in Olympic trap. We worked together for 20 years before a stroke retired him. His gold medal was made of silver which was gold plated, he even explained this at the induction ceremony as Elysburg when he was being awarded, which I later told him he should have never mentioned this as it down grades the title in my opinion. So either they gave gold plated medals back then, and now solid gold ones or Kim didn't tell you the truth which I would have done the same.

10. SCL

SCL Member

Geez, but did you have a good time? Talking to the 2 vets would have been way cool, and seeing Kim's AWARDS must have been inspiring, no matter their metallic content. Thank you for attending and supporting our 2A rights. (Edited by my spellchecking Labrador LOL)

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

According to the above website the Olympic Gold Medals are made of,

"Real Gold Medals

The last Olympic gold medals that were made entirely out of gold were awarded in 1912.

The Medals

The Olympic medals are designed especially for each individual Olympic Games by the host city's organizing committee. Each medal must be at least three millimeters thick and 60 millimeters in diameter. Also, the gold and silver Olympic medals must be made out of 92.5 percent silver, with the gold medal covered in six grams of gold."

It is in the middle of the page scroll down and you will see it.

BTW worrying about degrading the medals by telling people it isn't solid gold is a waste of time. It took me all of 45 seconds to find it on the internet. lying to people won't hide anything.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.