1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA/ATA Trap Coach School-Buffalo Gun Club, MN.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Wally, that's a wonderfully comprehensive and thorough course, not to mention the very attractive price. I see it's also offered at Sparta, and am wondering if there are any clubs in the PA area hosting such an event. Like Valley Gun Club/PSSA, for instance.

Best wishes ....mike

2. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Wally, when the ATA first started offering these classes, Leo considered taking one (really thought it was a good idea), but his schedule and the class schedules never seemed to jive. He did get certified by the ATA (before the NRA was involved). Looking at the topics covered, I feel certain that Leo has these topics covered. Good luck with the class and I hope maybe we can come your way some other time....Karla

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

trapwife, lots of us were certified by the ATA but it doesn't count now.

4. butcher

butcher Member

Why after taking the course would you only be certified for 3 years?
    Why wouldn't it be permanent?

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Charger

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

6. Edie Fleeman

Edie Fleeman TS Member

Yes, please contact me at efleeman@shootata.com to set up Trap Coach Schools in your area. There are four Trap Coach Schools listed (OH, MN, MI, ND) on shootata.com in the Coach School section and on www.aim4ata, and soon IL's flyer will be there. More are in the wings so watch those web sites! The renewal in three years is to insure coaches stay active and current. Remember, too, the difference between instructors (people who teach a class) and coaches (people who stay with their students over time, helping them grow in the sport and in life).

7. dvice

dvice TS Member

Wally-How full is your class and who will be instructing?
    Thanks Dave Vice

8. McD

McD TS Member

<BTT

9. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

WS,

Very nice article on the trap school in the local papers. Good job on marketing!

CSJ

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Coaches classes and teaching techniques is important to pass along. Without a doubt, it's a great program!

I have to question the term limit of the permit and cost associated, especially during the current economic fiasco? State fish and game departments claim hunting license sales have dropped dramatically nationwide! ATA growth numbers are static at best? Skeet shooting, hows the growth there? Sporting clays has grown but not to the expected growth numbers projected a few years back. Bunker shooting? I don't know the growth rate there but it certainly isn't setting the country on fire with new facilities being built.

It seems to me all the organizations involved with the shooting sports would offer these programs to entice more potential teachers that could actually teach? Passing a test certainly can't guarantee one can teach, same thing with our school teachers, some can and others can't but most all stay in the profession?

I have to agree with Shooting Coaches response to Charger. This program is about making extra money for the organizations involved, hoping some of the program sticks and the fees will be on going! Other than not being licensed by ATA/NRA, someone explain to me why Leo Harrison, among many, many others, isn't qualified to teach ATA trapshooting in the highest degree?

I feel it's a sham and a shame, it's all about the money.

Hap

11. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

I attended this class and was very impressed by the instructor and the content. Our head coach was there and he had taken the class two years ago--was just there to help out however he could (and stir the chili so it didn't burn!). While there were many things the same there were also many things that had changed from his course, and Coach went away with new techniques and ideas for this year.

Many organizations and certainly all professions require continuing education, why not this one? It certainly sets us apart from those sports who don't require any coaching training and I, for one, think it give us better validation as coaches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata trapshooting instructor

mn state trapshooting coach

nra instructors buffalo mn

nra shotgun coach class buffalo mn

trap shooting coach minnesota

trap shooting training in wny