1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA and NASCAR

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by tomc66, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomc66

tomc66 Member

The NRA will be sponsering a NASCAR race at the Texas Motor Speedway. I'm sure this will cost millions. Why spend this kind of money since I would think that almost all NASCAR fans are already pro-gun?

2. 548

548 Guest

The average cost to sponsor a NASCAR race is one to three million dollars. source - CNN

CNN spoke at great length about this last night. According to the "experts" on Piers Morgan's show last night, NASCAR sponsorships have been increasingly difficult to sell and prices have been dropping drastically in order to get sponsors. Again, according to the panel of experts, the NRA stepped up and said they would pay full price to sponsor the Texas race.

Not the question or argument at hand, but for the record, I have no problem with a gun lobby group sponsoring a sports event.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Even if most of the NASCAR fans are already pro-gun look at the exposure the NRA will still get.

I'm sure there are greater minds in the NRA figuring out where the biggest bang for the buck is than there is on ts.com.

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

And Rick aren't you surprised he quoted CNN, just unbelievable

5. 548

548 Guest

Rick, you haven't been following along very well. The purpose of the NRA is to incite fear. Said fear is what sells the guns.

As to the second part of your comment regarding making sports promoters rich. I didn't even understand that comment.

6. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Who in there right mind would listen to Piers Morgan?

7. 9manfan

9manfan Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Peirs Morgan head back to Briton and while he's heading that way he can take that so called singer Morrisey with him................

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Why do you guys even respond to the idiot who goes by his Police Officer number but wants to hide his ID because he doesn't want people to know what a trolling Liberal he really is? Why?

9. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

"According to the "experts" on Piers Morgan's show"

LMAO, can not happen.

10. 548

548 Guest

Hence..... the quotes

11. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm a NRA member and a rabid Nascar fan, and I think this one year deal will go well for both organizations. They may sign up some new members, get more exposure, and more TV advertising. Charlie

12. beeper

beeper Member

Barker- so nice to be thought of. :eek:) I personally don't give a damn what the NRA does with YOUR money. You think that they are YOUR representatives in upholding your second amendment rights. Keep thinking that as you continue to write checks for your Grandchildrens life memberships. Matter of fact Mr. Barker, you ought to be more concerned with what's happenning in your state house.

the beeper

13. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I don't want to be the one to tell all you guys, but 548 is so... full of CRAP his eyes are turning brown and his nose is growing from the overflow.

"The NRA is only here to incite fear" utterly BS!!!

Chuck

14. quartering

quartering Active Member

75 million nascar fans. 80 million gun owners. 4.5 million nra members. why can't the nra do any better than that?

15. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

What most people don't know is that NASCAR sponsorships are more about B to B than they are to the public. On the outside it is nothing more than branding and awareness to the fans, media, etc.

There will be more wining, dining, schmoozing, pit tours, hospitality and lobbying going on that no one will ever see that will reap millions back to the NRA.

The gun industry provides more $$ to the NRA than the membership does. I bet they come out ahead. Far more return than few dollars membership gives them each year.

SW

16. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I hereby nominate 548 to the position of President of the Urinal Mint Committee.

17. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ladies and Gentlemen, 'START YOUR ENGINES'.

18. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

...and now for those most famous words in racing, " Gentelmen & Lady, LOCK AND LOAD"

19. beeper

beeper Member

Rick - what wrankles my hinnie (I like that, thank u) is fraud! I don't care where it comes from. Granted we all get fleeced by our government. However, LaPierre and his money hungry yayhoos exemplify the definition! They continue to scare everyone with "they're taking our guns!" and "black helicopters" when we all and I mean ALL know it's BS !!!!!!!!! To want background checks for everyone. To eliminate combat weapons and high capacity mags is far from taking our guns away or even a start. From where I'm sitting, I predict the background checks as the only thing that passes and that's fine with me. Why now does LaPeirre not support it when he did a few years ago? Once again look at the stock prices of gun and ammo manufacturers. As long as there is a fearful population, supply and demand of those items will increase and that means triple shifts, more productivity and higer prices/more profit. Who does that benefit? I suggest everyone gets out of the pocket of the NRA for a moment where their cerabellum can function and look at the facts.

the beeper

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Nascar would be REALLY cool if the drivers were allowed to carry in the car and was allowed a single round that they could use during the race to take out a tire or radiator as a strategic way to sideline a competitor...last one still rolling wins...extra points if they plug Beepers or 548s car in the parking lot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.