1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA - am I missing something?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Billster, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billster

Billster TS Member

I've been an NRA member practically all my life. Just got back into this sport this year after 35 yr. 'layoff'. In the game up to my eyeballs now.

Just perused the NRA site and for the life of me can't find any substantial representation for trapshooters other than for youth/postal. Had to dig deep to find it. Are we outcasts if we shoulder anything without rifling running down the bore?

Correct me if I'm missing the boat here.

Thanks
    Bill Stengel

2. piranha2

piranha2 TS Member

NRA does stand for National RIFLE Asoociation.

3. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Billster,

If you haven't already, subscribe to 'Trap and Field' and 'Shotgun Sports' for dedicated shotgun sports coverage.

4. Billster

Billster TS Member

I understand the term 'rifle' but it also encompasses handgun sports and airguns too. Just felt it should represent all the shooting sports. Saw a patch on a trap vest last weekend 'NRA Shotgun Sports'. Should've asked the guy 'bout dat.

I subscribe to T and F and SS btw. Thanks.

B

5. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

The NRA has contributed for Trap and Skeet venues for years. Many clubs can thank them for new fields, lights system, added trap and skeet fields and new machines. They have been a great help and assistance to many clubs, not just rifle and pistol shooting clubs. I know they assisted our club a few years back and have continued to support shooting clubs.

Although many of do not agree with everything the NRA does, we would be in deep do do without thier assistance. Just maybe they will not support the dem. cantidate for Pres. - Jim

6. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

As a long time; past,present & I hope way into the future member of the NRA. I believe the NRA is the ONLY organization protecting our right to bear arms.I
    can't understand why participants of all the shooting sports are not members.

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

You haven't missed anything. While the NRA does stand for protecting the "shotgun", its programming is focused on non-shotgun disciplines. They do offer a Shotgun Qualification program, but they willingly leave shotgun program caretaking to the ATA, NSSA and NSCA and the various bird hunting orgs.

no lands and grooves, no coverage!

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.