1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NPR and Blooming Idiots

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by pyrdek, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

This morning, on my way to work, I had the local NPR station on. All I can say is that they are in full attack on gun owners mode! Yes, I know that is a sentiment that has been repeated numerous times but this morning was even extreme for National Propaganda Radio.

They first reported that the NRA was not going to cooperate with Joe Biden. They never elaborated on why the NPR was doing this but left the impression that NRA was a bunch of anti-government right wing extremists. Okay that was bad but....

The next "interview" (actually more a five minute attack on gun owners) was with the Connecticut Senator Paul Blumenthal. From what this guy said I think his true name is BloomingIdiot. He is pushing for a person to have to go thru a background check every time the person wants to buy ammunition (or as NPR called it "Bullets") and then he said it would only cost five million a year. He also figured that retailers would have no problem supporting his idea. He felt that alcohol buyers have to show id for proof of age so gun owners (disregarding that an ammo buyer might not necessarily be a gun owner since my wife may buy ammo for me at times even though she does not own a gun or do any shooting) should show that they passed all background checks INCLUDING THOSE FOR MENTAL HEALTH, criminal records, domestic abuse, sexual abuse or most anything else.

Here, directly copied from his web page is a part of what he is proposing:

"The Ammunition Background Check Act of 2013 would require that every buyer of ammunition would undergo an instant background check under the FBI’s National Instant Background Check System (NICS).

Federally licensed gun dealers could simply use their existing system to run checks on purchasers of ammunition (either electronically or by telephone).
    Sellers of ammunition who are not federal licensees can continue to sell simply by conducting a background check through an existing licensee or by getting a federal license.

Ammunition Background Check Act of 2013

banner

Bill Summary: Ammunition Background Check Act of 2013

This month, Senator Blumenthal will introduce legislation to require instant background checks on sales of ammunition.

Under current law, it is illegal to sell both firearms and ammunition to certain groups, including,

felons
    fugitives
    drug addicts
    people deemed “mentally defective” by a court, or committed to a mental institution
    persons under a protective order for, or convicted of, domestic abuse

But under current law, firearms and ammunition are not treated the same way. If a felon walks into a store licensed to sell firearms and tries to buy a gun, the store will run an instant background check of an FBI database (National Instant Background Check System, or NICS), and the purchase will be denied. By contrast, if a felon walks into the same store to buy ammunition, he can load up an entire shopping cart with ammunition, pay up, and walk out, no questions asked. The store is not required to run an instant background check for ammo purchases. In fact, the store couldn't run a background check even if it wanted to – because the FBI database is only available for firearms purchases, not for ammo.

Background checks have worked in many cases to keep firearms from falling into the wrong hands.

According to the FBI, over the last decade, more than 100 million background checks have been run on firearms purchases.
    The vast majority of checks took about 30 seconds. Approximately 700,000 people under the law were prohibited from purchasing guns – including felons, domestic abusers, and the mentally ill.

The Ammunition Background Check Act of 2013 would require that every buyer of ammunition would undergo an instant background check under the FBI’s National Instant Background Check System (NICS).

Federally licensed gun dealers could simply use their existing system to run checks on purchasers of ammunition (either electronically or by telephone).
    Sellers of ammunition who are not federal licensees can continue to sell simply by conducting a background check through an existing licensee or by getting a federal license.

In addition to requiring background checks, the legislation would reestablish recordkeeping and reporting requirements on ammunition sales. Prior to the 1986 Firearm Owners Protection Act, sellers of ammunition had to track their inventory and keep records of their customers."

You can read it for yourself here.

This guy has no concept of reality. Lets see where he is screwed up
    Record keeping was tried and found to be useless but expensive exercise in futility.
    The amount of paperwork generated is enormous.

Doing this with a cost to taxpayers of "Only" five million dollars shows he has no concept of financial knowledge or government spending practices.

You can undoubtedly add to the list of insanity that this BloomingIdiot considers reality.

I would be embarrassed beyond belief if I were from Connecticut and knew that my state would elect such an idiot! But his allies at National Propaganda radio think he is just great.

Perhaps he can be useful for pointing out that there should be an mental and intelligence requirement before you can run for office. I think an IQ of at least 50 should be needed. Even with that low an IQ requirement he would not be allowed to hold any political office!

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Does this guy own stock in AT&T? What an IDIOT!!!

3. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

This country is in serious financial trouble. Time for calls and letters to representatives to cut off funding for public radio and tv and the planned parenthood murder mills. ed

4. joneseboy

joneseboy Member

NPR = national peoples radio

5. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Just like the nagger representitive that got caught in a video saying if we sent any more trops etc to Guam that the island would just tip over into the ocean!!!!!

6. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

If you're one of those who is just now realizing that National Public Radio is in full attack mode against the Second Amendment...you've already lost.
    We have allowed the left wing of the Democrat Party to so totally corrupt our American media over several decades that I seriously doubt we have a chance convincing "low-information voters" to even consider any other points of view.
    America...."Miss Liberty"... is in a fight for her life and right now, it appears she's getting her butt kicked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.