1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Whos Blowing Smoke??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GunDr, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

AP story...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CONNECTICUT_SCHOOL_SHOOTING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-03-28-09-57-19

"A loaded 12-gauge shotgun was found in the glove compartment of the Honda Civic Lanza drove to the school with two magazines containing 70 rounds of Winchester 12-gauge shotgun rounds."

A shotgun....in a glove compartment...of a Honda Civic??? Along with two magazines...containing 70 rounds of shotgun shells....

This definitely is targeted for the low information dimwits.

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

And a bunch of Dems in DC will take it as fact

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Glove compartment?

"A loaded 12-gauge shotgun was found in the Honda Civic Lanza drove to the school with two magazines containing 70 rounds of Winchester 12-gauge shotgun rounds."

This is from my link above. "In addition to several guns inside the home, police also recovered three Samurai swords and a long pole with a blade on one side and a spear on the other. Inside the car Lanza drove to the school, police recovered a 12-gauge shotgun and two magazines containing 70 rounds of ammunition, the documents show."

4. notenoughguns

notenoughguns Member

Funny they found 154 casings and only 3 30 round mags

DAN (Pa)

5. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Read closely. It does not say in the glove compartment and it does not say the magazines were for a shotgun. I hate the media reporting but I think if you read closely you will find it more believable.

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

More of tyhe real article, "At the school, Lanza fired the 154 rounds from a Bushmaster .223-model rifle and the final bullet from a Glock 10mm handgun to take his own life, said Stephen Sedensky, the chief prosecutor investigating the shooting.

Police recovered nine 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster that Lanza took to the school. Three of the magazines had a full 30 rounds still in them. "

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

For all the conspiracy theorists,

'The shooter took his own life with a single shot from a Glock 10 mm handgun. He also had a loaded 9mm Sig Sauer P226 handgun on his person. Recovered from the person of the shooter, in addition to more ammunition for the handguns, were three, 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster, each containing 30 rounds. Located in the area of the shootings were six additional 30-round magazines containing 0, 0, 0, 10, 11, and 13 live rounds respectively. One-hundred-and-fifty-four spent .223 casings were recovered from the scene.'

And

'The police found a loaded 12-gauge shotgun in the passenger compartment of the car the shooter drove to the school. The shotgun was moved by police from the passenger compartment of the car to the trunk for safekeeping.'

Hope this helps ......

RIF

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

AP change the location of the shotgun. What I included in my original post was a "copy & paste" from the original story.

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

USA Today story...

shotgun in glove compartment.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/28/newtown-search-warrants-released/2027639/

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

They must read ts.com...

Lol

11. wolfram

Instead of cutting and pasting opinions from various media sources why not just go with the actual statement released by Connecticut State Attorney Stephen J. Sedensky III? Or is he part of the great conspiracy?

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I believe that Dr. Yea, this is why I like to see actual documents, and quotes direct from the authorities, with names attached. It really becomes like a fish story after the original documents are released, on both sides of the spectrum.

Hopefully when the actual final report comes out, there won't be any more questions.

13. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Stl Flyn- How many will take the time to actually look for the statement. The AP and USA Today are widely circulated new sources. Most will not reseach beyond that. We know most around this site question everything AND possibly take the next step to verify...but the population as a whole...Not.

14. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

This goes deeper than just some nut case shooting up a school. In this article an "unidentified resident" said "that school was Adam Lansa's' life". He attended that school because they recovered a report card in his name. What doesn't figure is that he was 20 years old. A normal 20 year old doesn't have a reason to have an elementary school "his life" unless they were a teacher or support staff, which he wasn't. If they would investigate what ties he had with the school and make it public then maybe there would be signs for others to watch for in the future to avoid this from happening again.

The article also said he drove to the school and forced his way in. Were the school doors locked? It was also reported the school was a "gun free zone". So let's see, signs that say "no guns allowed" and locked doors and that didn't save anyone. Perhaps something could be learned from these facts?

We will most likely never know the whole story involving this tragedy. What's even more tragic is that all the people that could use this as a learning tool for the future (ie., police, media, law makers) are more interested in using it for political gain than for public safety.

Joe

15. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The lame stream media is just that, lame!

What matters most is HE was deranged, a Liberal, and other Liberals passed his actions OFF as normal!!!

Stay away from the "alphabet" media and you'll know more then most liberals will ever know!!

16. tgb18

tgb18 Member

154 shots fired and no one was injured and survived, that crazy kid was that good of a shot???
    It seems hard to believe that everyone just stood still while all that was going on ! I've told my kids to run /take cover and make yourself a hard to hit target.

17. jhoward

jhoward Member

The kids that were shot were all trapped in a classroom with no way to escape, they were all shot multiple times, many of them 14-15 times. I'm sure that those outside the classroom were running, but in an enclosed area like that, those in the room had no chance.

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

@wolfram's post,,,,,,,WHY would he do a magazine change if there were still 10, 11, 13 rounds in there respective magazines????

19. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Bigdog I read somewhere that when playing some of the videos that that was the way to increase speed so you won't have to cock the gun again, that might be the reason I dunno

20. wolfram

Cat has it right - the little wacko was emulating what he learned in the video game he liked so much. A good possibility he didn't truly know the difference between mowing those kids down and the virtual simulations. Certainly it wasn't a logic based event but then nothing about the mentally ill makes much sense to us.

Or do you still want to find a way to believe this sick puke didn't actually shoot up that school and if he did then he didn't use an AR - for what ever difference it may make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.