1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NOW THIS IS TRAPSHOOTING!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

This is a rough outline of a program for a shoot we are trying to organize for next year. This would be a 500 BIRD BUDDY BACKER that would be held over three days, hopefully in May of next year. ALL TARGETS WILL BE 3 HOLE TARGETS, THROWN TO THE 52 YARD LINE! ALL SHOOTERS WILL SHOOT FROM THE 27 YARD LINE! This shoot will be in Northern California, and will, hopefully, have $7500.00 in added money.

I would be very interested in your feedback on this program, and whether you would attend a shoot like this if it was held in your area.

SATURDAY, MAY 21, 2008

Shooting starts at 9:00am

EVENT #1

100 TARGET BUDDY BACKER

$1000.00 ADDED MONEY

(PAID 50/30/20 PERCENTAGE SYSTEM)

TARGETS…………………………………….. $50.00 PER TEAM
    ($25.00.00 per team goes to build purse, paid 50/30/20%)

OPTIONS:

1ST 50………………………….…………..$10.00 PER TEAM (60/40%)
    2ND 50……………………………..………$10.00 PER TEAM (60/40%)
    LONG RUN FRONT…………..…..…… $5.00 PER TEAM (1 PAY)
    LONG RUN BACK…………………..……$5.00 PER TEAM (1 PAY)

EVENT #2

SAME AS EVENT #1

SUNDAY MAY 22, 2008

SHOOTING STARTS AT 9:00AM

EVENT #3

SAME AS EVENT #2

EVENT #4

SAME AS EVENT #3

NOTE: ALL ADDED MONEY AND ALL OPTIONS SAME AS EVENTS 1, ALL PAID THE SAME WAY

MONDAY, MAY 23, 2008

SHOOTING STARTS AT 9:00AM

EVENT #5

100 TARGET BUDDY BACKER

$1000.00 ADDED MONEY

(PAID 50/30/20 PERCENTAGE SYSTEM)

TARGETS………………………………….$50.00 PER TEAM
    ($25.00 per team goes to build purse, paid 50/30/20%))

OPTIONS
    1ST 50………………...………….$10.00 PER TEAM (60/40%)
    2ND 50……………………..….…$10.00 PER TEAM (60/40%)
    LONG RUN FRONT..…..…….$5.00 PER TEAM (1 PAY)
    LONG RUN BACK……...…….$5.OO PER TEAM (1 PAY)

CALCUTTA……………….....…..………..$25.00 PER TEAM
    (1 PAY FOR EVERY 5 TEAMS. 70% TO BUYER, 30% TO SHOOTER)

A FEW RULES

•THIS WILL BE AN ALL CASH SHOOT. NO PERSONAL CHECKS, CREDIT CARDS, ETC. WILL BE ACCEPTED.

•HANDLOADS OR NEW SHELLS ARE ALLOWED. “SHOOT WHAT YOU BRING”.

•ALL PAYOUTS WILL BE MADE THE DAY OF THE SHOOT. PAYOUTS WILL BE DONE IN A TIMELY MANNER.

•A SHOOTER MAY SHOOT THIS SHOOT AS MANY TIMES AS HE WANTS, PROVIDED HE SIGNS UP WITH A DIFFERENT PARTNER EACH TIME AND HAS ENTERED BEFORE THE EVENT HAS BEGUN.

•CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST AND LUNCH WILL BE AVAILABLE EACH DAY. NO DINNERS WILL BE SERVED.

•NO ALCOHOL WILL BE PERMITTED UNTIL THE LAST TRAP IS CLOSED UP FOR THE DAY.

ALL TARGETS SHALL BE SET IN THE #3 HOLE AND THROWN TO THE 52 YARD MARKER.

As you can see, a shooter could shoot all three days for $200.00, including all the options offered, or $125.00 if shooting targets only. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.....Thanks.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Sounds GREAT! Let us know how it goes. I would like something like that on this coast.

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Ron......I have put on a few of these shoots, in one form or the other, over the past several years. They are usually pretty well attended. This one would have the biggest payout of all those I have put on to date, however, the first one I did had a 3 day payout of over $12,000.00. Bill Johnson, of Best Buy Shooters Supply, in Chatterroy, Washington, and his partner, Forrest Maxwell, took well over $5000.00 out of that one alone, maybe more. This type of shoot offers a tremendous opportunity for a great payday for a very modest entry fee....Dan

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

As a side note: The team with the highest total score on the combined 500 targets will also win a beautiful pair of matching buckles signifying their accomplishment......Dan

5. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Dan,
    I just printed your post and will bring it to my club to see what everyone thinks. I think it would be a lot of fun and add some spice to things!

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Ron......If you want any more information, you can email me at trap2danatyahoodotcom.....Dan

7. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Dan.

Will there be any restrictions on the shells?? I know a certain vendor from the Spokane area that uses copper plated 6's @ 1325 fps. Also, will you have to show up with a partner or will there be openings for singles, or blind draw for a partner each 100??

Keep us posted as I'm very interested.

Tomas

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Sounds alot better than the ATA tournement format. HMB

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Tomas.....As per the program "•HANDLOADS OR NEW SHELLS ARE ALLOWED. “SHOOT WHAT YOU BRING”. That vendor from the Spokane area is probably Bill Johnson, and he and his partner were very successful at the first one. We allowed only factory shells for that one, but, in all reality, it doesn't matter what you shoot for these shoots. Since all targets shot are from the 27yd. line, copper plated 6's would be more of a handicap than an asset. Bill almost always shoots standard 3dr. traploads for his call shots at one of these events. You can bring your own partner, or shoot with anyone that shows up. This is covered by this clause:

•A SHOOTER MAY SHOOT THIS SHOOT AS MANY TIMES AS HE WANTS, PROVIDED HE SIGNS UP WITH A DIFFERENT PARTNER EACH TIME AND HAS ENTERED BEFORE THE EVENT HAS BEGUN.

This allows an un-attached shooter to sign up with any shooter he wants to shoot with. Many shooters will shoot with 2 or 3 different partners during one of these events.......Dan

10. Mo Bill

Mo Bill Member

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a BUDDY BACKER?

MO Bill

11. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

MO Bill.....Also called a protection shoot. Two shooters team up as a pair. They call for a target, alternating who shoots first each time, 10 targets per post, over 2 traps, for a total of 100 targets. If the first shooter misses the target, his "buddy" has the opportunity to "back" him up by breaking the target. If both shooters miss, the target is scored lost. If the first shooter breaks the target and the second shooter shoots, it is also scored a loss....... The team that shoots the highest score out of the 100 targets are declared the winners....Dan

12. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Sounds like a hoot. I'd play if in my area.

13. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Hap.............You have mail........Dan

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Absolutely!!! Those are fun shoots!!!! Hap

15. gotbass

gotbass Member

Dan - where is this going to be held? Thanks. Mike

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would definately go for a shoot such as described if it was even close to where I live ... Where is this to be held, would like any additional information ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

For those that asked: This shoot would be held at the Eel River Trap Club, in Fortuna, California. This club is about 5 hours north of San Francisco, just south of the Oregon border. For a more detailed program outline, you can email me and I would be happy to send the entire program I have outlined at this time. You can email me at trap2dan at yahoo dot com..........Dan

18. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Guy....
    No, I mean that $1000 will be added to whatever purse the entry fee monies generate. If the shoot has $7500 in added money and the purse only generates $500.00, we would not be responsible to come up with the extra $500.00 to make the "guaranteed" $1000.00 purse. If the purse genrates $1500.00, the $1000.00, per event, added money will be added to the purse. By advertising it as $7500.00 in added money, everyone who shoots this type of game understands that this will be added to whatever purse money is available. Just a different way of advertising the money.....Dan

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I sure wish it was closer to home, used to have a good time shooting shoots such as this ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Frank, Annie Oakley's are shot with a continuous line of shooters standing fairly close together. This line can follow the "fan" of the 27 OR can even be shot as a straight line beginning at the 40 yard line or some other agreed distance from the trap!

First shooter fires at his call target, if he misses his call target, shooter # 2 then has to chance to break that target putting shooter # 1 out of the game if he breaks shooter # 1s bird and so on down the line till the bird is broken or escapes all shots. Each shooter takes a turn at calling his bird and so on down the line till the bird is broken which puts all who missed out of the game. There's many different ways of playing the game, number of "guns up", some only allow 4 guns up at a time and other clubs allow a shot at a target as long as it's not broken by a previous shooter. Firing at a broken target is a no-no and your out of the game if you do! Those beginning at the 40 yard line can get interesting in a hurry with birds broken at unbelievable distances! Some events allow for a single, double or triple "buy back in" to the game which quickly builds the pot even more. Fun shoots and played many different ways. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.