1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Now THIS is Dedication!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

So I got caught away from the house in the SIXTH snowstorm of the season, and barely made it home.

I am sitting in front of the computer, settled in, thankful to have made it home, and hear a knock at the front door.

It is too bad to be out right now, but incredibly enough, a Fed Ex truck was parked in front of my house. The driver was at the door with an H&R Classic Carbine under his arm.

I could not believe he got that truck to my house. I live on a side street with hills all around.

THAT is dedication. I wonder how he is going to get that large truck back to the terminal.

Hats Off to Fed Ex.

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Don't get in their way! They drive like they are on a misssion, smooth but assertive.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I wish I had taken a picture. We have about 3" of snow/ice, deep footprints form the truck to the front door.

I still don't know how he got that big @$$ed truck up some of the hills he had to hit to get back to the terminal.

BTW, the little Classic Carbine is a single shot 45 Colt, buckhorn sights, SMALL gold bead front. Great trigger, checkered stock, case colored frame and buttplate.

WHY would I want one of these? CDNN has them for less than $230! I found 45 Colt dies and 400+ rounds of brass I had stashed and forgotten about. Also, about 500 250 gr Nosler Partition Pistol bullets. I might actually go harvest a deer some day, and do not wish to use a scoped game rifle in Tennessee woods. In TN, the average shot at deer is 34 yards. The 45 Colt with a 250 gr Nosler Partition at 1400 fps will definitely do the job on a 90 lb Whitetail.

I have a Buffalo Classic in 45/70 with good peep and front globe sights. It is easy to hit an 8" steel plate offhand at 200 yards with boring regularity. BOOOOOOOM,,,,,,,,,CLANG!!!

My vintage peep sighted '94 Win 30/30 will put three rounds in a quarter at 50 yards offhand, on a good day.

In my old age, I have found I can still see irons and peep sights well enough to put a critter in the freezer at moderate ranges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.