1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Now this is a true Warrior

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Maurice, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maurice

Maurice Member

This is an example of a true Warrior. I served with these guy's in the Far East in the early 1950's and I can vouch for them. Maurice ( The Brit. )

2. Maurice

Maurice Member

3. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Hooah!

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Glad he was able to do it, and glad he was decorated for his bravery,he deserves it, and more

5. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

The Japanese in the second world war feared these guys and their curved blades called "Kukri" razor sharp and used with expertise. Woody

6. Maurice

Maurice Member

I am rather disappointed in the response to this posting, especially from a sight like this that has so many self professed combat veterans. Is it because this soldier who displayed the ultimate in dedication and valour is not an American? I must remind you that it is not only America that has troops fighting in Afghanistan. Maurice ( The Brit. )

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Very old story, but yeah, shows what a determined man can do.

8. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

If you follow climbing very long you will read many heroic stories of these fine brave people. Many a climber owes their lives to their bravery. Good post, thanks.

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Nah, the lack of response is probably because it was posted by a Brit.

You should thank US because you're not speaking German, you know.

...You're welcome.

PS - congrats to the recipient, sounds like a trooper (good thing they don't have guys like him in the Falklands, eh wot?).

10. Maurice

Maurice Member

buzz- gun, you are clueless, you need to read your history. The Battle of Britain was won before the US even thought about entering the war. Just check the stats, the US made up 40% of the landing troops on D Day, the Brits 40%, Canadians 10% and the other 10% were French, Polish and other commonwealth troops. Also Rommel was on the run and well beaten when the US finally landed troops in North Africa. There is no doubt that the US assistance with the supply of war materials was critical and we were very thankful, and we did pay our lend lease debt. It is a pity buzz gun that you have to resort to slagging off people because of their nationality, especially the Brits who are America's best friends. Yours sincerely, Maurice ( The Brit. )

11. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Well, Maurice this IS a shoe store, and you've come in here looking for Polish Sausage.

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Winston Churchill wept when Pearl Harbor was attacked, not out of sadness, but for joy, because he knew on that day that Germany and Japan would be defeated.

And what was the most important British tank? The M4 Sherman.

The most critical battle of WWII was the Battle of the Atlantic, which the Brits played a major part, but the deal was sealed by the US Navy and the US Army Air Force. Killing off the U-Boats allowed enough shipping to turn the British Isles into a giant unsinkable aircraft carrier and a massive staging area.

No one should ever downplay the important role the Brits played in the war. They held on for two years before we even entered the war. By the same token, if the USA had not entered the war, Britain probably would not have been able to stop Germany. And the possibility remains that the Brits might have had to sue for peace at some point.

13. minnship8

I wish Americans showed a little more humility when it comes to their chest thumping. I've been around some pretty stout foreign soldiers. Americans don't define grit or courage, they only read about their own, therefore they think they invented it.

Chip

14. Maurice

Maurice Member

buzz-gun, regarding your P.S. for your information the Gurkha's were in the Falklands as part of the British Army invasion force and did a sterling job. It is a pity that you do not read very much, you should try to read more often, it might even improve your intelligence level. Maurice ( The Brit. )

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Kudos to this brave man and the Queen's army. (our allies killing Taliban also saves American lives}

Nice post sniper!

Shannon

16. Maurice

Maurice Member

Bob Wiltse, thank you for your support, that was just the message I was trying to get across. I served in the early to late 1950's in the Far East ( Malaya ) in the 1st Bn Kings Own Royal Regt. which was part of the 48th Gurkha Infantry Brigade which included 2nd Bn.2nd Gurkha Regt. and the 2nd Bn. 7th Gurkha Regt.I was proud to serve with these fine soldiers. It seems we have some armchair warriors on this site who will attack poster who is not American. By the way I am 79 and have lived in North America for the past 45 years. Thank you for your Military service Bob. Best of luck, Maurice ( The Brit. )

17. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

Outstanding young man! All nations need more like him.

18. Maurice

Maurice Member

Bob Wiltse, thank you for your support, that was just the message I was try to get across. I served in the early to late 1950's in the Far East ( Malaya ) in the 1st Bn. the Kings Own Royal Regt. as part of the 48th Gurkha Infantry Brigade which included the 2nd Bn.2nd Gurkha Regt. and the 2nd Bn. 7th Gurkha Regt. I was proud to serve with these fine soldiers.Bob thank you for your service.

shannon391, nice to hear from you, how goes the trap shooting?

Good luck to all of you. Maurice ( The Brit. )

19. minnship8

One thing I really respect the Brits for, is their attitude towards homeland terrorism. After their subway was bombed, they didn't start instituting kindergarten mom protections for society, like we do here. As soon as they could, they all started riding the subways.

Basically they flipped the bird to terrorists and told them, "You can't scare us into submission".

Here in my home state, Republican Senator and Annapolis grad, Mark Kirk, opposed moving Gitmo prisoners into a brand new, empty prison, here in Illinois because he said it would increase the danger to residents. I wrote him and told him that true leaders, lead from the front, don't run scared, and if he moved the prisoners here, I'd be happy to buy a house right next door.

We should take a lesson from the Brits about how to handle ourselves in the face of those who would try and bully us. Terrorism only works if it forces us to change the way we live. From all appearances it seems to be working here in the US because we let it.

Regards,
    Chip

20. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Maurice thank you for the post, informative, thanks again.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.