1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Now the time to buy your Rolex?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Rick Barker, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

So my wife and I went to Jared's today and while we were there, found out Rolex is supposed to be closing out the larger retailers they have and go to smaller outlets.

Now this did not make a whole lot of sense to me, but I was told that Rolex cannot keep up with the larger demand that the stores like Jared's has.

With that, Jared's is closing out their entire inventory of Rolex watches and has put them on a clearance sale of 40% off retail, so a 10,000 plus watch I looked at is selling for 5,760.

So my questions are, will this drive the prices of the Rolex watches up, come April 2012 when the larger retail stores are out?

If so, should I buy two or more? Will I need a bigger
    Safe-T-Deposit box to hold the large boxes the Rolex's come in.

The Presidential series retails for over $31,500.00 and with 40% off, that is means this watch can be bought for $18,900.00 and change, plus tax.

Would this be a better investment than a corresponding priced trapgun???

2. Rick Barker

Forgot to add, while I was in this store, they must have sold 3 or 4 watches and I was told they sold 8 yesterday.

3. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Here we go again. I like watches and Rolex always catches my fancy, but I have other more important "things" to purchase. Still have 3 kids to send to college and medical bills to pay down. Got all I can do to pay for a round of 16 yd trap tomorrow and afford food and gas money to get to work next week. I'll be happy to complement anybody with a nice watch or trap gun.

Harry

4. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Your story makes no sense. The big retailers are being cut off because they sell too much? B.S.

Paul

5. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

Where are you located?

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Strange that the Jared website does not list Rolex as a brand they carry.

Eric

7. Rick Barker

kfbagt

What I was told by the store manager is that Rolex wants to keep their stock output greater in Europe and Asia.

I know it sounds strange, but I did not make the story up, so as far as my story being BS. I don't make stuff up! I'm not a Democrat.

It could have been a story fabricated by the sales person in Jared's in order to eliminate their stock, but I think they are supposed to be a reputable dealer and would not want to tarnish their name.

But the fact remains they were pricing us watches with 40% off suggested retail and I have heard that normally these are not discounted by anyone.

We got a quote on a ladies watch like the one my wife got for a present after 25 years with her employer. We knew what it cost new and were quite surprised by the quote we got, as it was indeed 40% the listed price.

8. Rick Barker

twoatlow8

I am located in Centennial, CO which is a South suburb of Denver, CO

----------------------------------------------------------------

mixer

The Jared's in Park Meadows and the one in Colorado Springs are the only two that carry Rolex watches in Colorado, so it could be the store nearest you doesn't carry them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you living in Colorado, the Park Meadows store phone number is 303-799-4739 and is at 9535 E. County Line Road Centennial Promenade Englewood, CO 80112.

The person I talked to was a Ms Harvest Yocom whose card says she is a Certified Diamontogist (first time I ever heard of that title).

Will they verify by phone? I don't know. They think they will be compeletly sold at the store I was in, within a week or less.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I guess it doesn't do any good to let people know when a bargain can be found, I'll just keep stuff like this to myself next time.

9. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

Thank you Rick I know the Jared's by me carries Rolex and I will check it out. I am not suprised it is not on the web site as Rolex will not allow authorised dealers to do that.

10. Rick Barker

twoatlow8

Will you post your findings, so I can be vindicated?

11. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

You misunderstand my B.S. Comment, I have no doubt this is what you were told. But this sure sounds like a load of crap manufactured by someone at the store where you were shopping. If you think that it's a bargain then by all means buy a watch or two!! They are very nice and I wish I had one. Mine was stolen a couple of years ago and I haven't replaced it yet.

Paul

12. otnot

otnot Active Member

You will be further ahead to buy gold and silver!

13. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

This is not the first time it happened on name brand products. If the retailer lost their authorize dealer status, they can do what they want to clear out the stock they have on hand.

40% off current MSRP on slow moving models is not much of a lost, if any. Rolex adjust their MSRP once or twice per year, it's very common to find new old stock from an AD that's 3~5 years old. Dealer cost on these items are sometimes lower than 50~60% of current MSRP.

If you want a Rolex, if they have the model on hand, this is the chance to buy one. Because an AD with current status will not allowed to sell at 40% off.

BTW, if you find certain sports models like Sub or Daytona, you better buy it even you're not looking for one.

14. steele

steele TS Member

I buy a fair amount of jewelry for the better half. Most of it is from Jared.
    The Jared manager called me on Tue & advised if I wanted a Rolex, to stop in.
    Must be something to it. Butch from Pgh

15. Rick Barker

My wife and I returned some 4 hours later to pick up the ring we left for some repair and talked to the same salesperson. She said they moved 13 more watches out the door since our first appearance.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Sounds to me like Rolex is going into the Specialty Market which should drive the prices upward ... I have looked at Rolex watches at the Jared's near my home but opted for a Movado which I took back and got my Timex back out of the drawer ... I have a cell phone that tells time so now I don't even need a watch anymore ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer TS Member

Had a Rolex back in the mid 50' when I was in the service. Got a real shock when I took it to a Jewlery store owned by a family friend for service and a new crystal, when he told me the cost, (which was more than twice what I paid for it new) it didn't take me long to sell it for almost 3 times my purchase price and bought a new Bulova. Now I'm like WPT a good Casio keeps more accurate time than I need. Bill

18. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Hard times. Very nice watches but vastly overpriced. They control the price by only selling though authorized dealers.

19. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

My wife bought me a stainless steel and gold in 67 for $315 and I sold it for $1700 in 83. I bought a President in 83 for $5000 and traded it in for a new one in 94 got $10,000 for it and gave $2500 cash.
    I have a total of $6100 in the 3 watches and have been offered $15,000 for it.
    They keep terrible time but they never go down only up.

20. hunter870

hunter870 Member

Let me ask a more general question about this investment. Has anyone ever seen the price of a Rolex go down?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

does jared sell rolexs

jared rolex clearance