1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Now it starts, no surprise....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by likes-to-shoot, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Trickle down economics is based on the the Laffer Curve.

Do I remember correctly that Regan (the great Republican hero of years gone by)indeed used the trickle down theory in his politics?

On the plus side when Bush used the trickle down theory it did work.

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Wait till they are revised - downward, after the election.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Yes and of the 800+ jobs "created" this month,,,,,,,600+ were part-time,,,,,,,I wonder also how many of the new number was "quit looking or went on disability",,,,,,,this would give us a better picture of the HEALTH of the American economy.........

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Report said new unemployment for last month was 264,000. 30,000 more than last month.

How'd they get to 7.8%

And they said Romney had fuzzy math.

5. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Always remember, "Figures don't lie, but liers know how to figure" Just watch the news. You can see the way these reporters lean. Looks like they are looking for gov't. jobs.

Big Jack

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yup, the unemployment numbers are being cooked for Obama's October Surprise, which will be SURPRISE! The economy is doing GREAT! My policies worked!

7. oz

oz Active Member

I told my wife several months ago that the unemployment percentage would drop below 8% just before the election. what a suprise. I also told her the price of gas would fall way down. I was wrong on that. I guess odumbo can't handle 2 miracles at once. Probably why he was confused during the debate.

8. brewmaster

brewmaster Member

This economy consistly has at least 360,000 NEW people signing up for unemployment benefits EACH week. That is at more than 1.4 million per month. According to the Labor Dept. 114,000 jobs were created this month. Then they tell us that the unemployment rate has fallen to 7.8%. Now just how damn dumb do they think people are?

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The enemployment rate is derived from the number of people getting unemployment benefits. Those benefits expire after so many months and then the unemployed person falls off the tally.

So yes I think the actual unemployment rate is much higher than 7.8% and not headed in the right direction.

10. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Will one of you liberal geniuses explain to me just what a 'trickle-up' would do for us. You can see the results of your 'trickle-up' philosophy in all the Chicago shootings. That's your answer?

Check out the web site above:

Kip

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

The Unemployment Participation Rate, based upon jobs when hussein took office, would be over TEN PERCENT,,,,,,btw, libs,,,,,,,,manufacturing orders were down 5% last month,,,,,,,tell us again how the hussein plan is working......

[​IMG]

12. PRODIGY

PRODIGY TS Member

They padded the population count. By adding 300,000 to the population with Obamamnesty they were able to lower the unemployment numbers. Not to mention all those that ran out of unemployment.

13. bgf

bgf Active Member

True unemployment rate is closer to 11% when figured correctly.

Bernie

14. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

14.7% is the real number...

Jerbear

15. BT99

BT99 Member

Do these numbers reflest the people that are no longer looking for a job? I
    personally know two individuals that lost jobs some time ago, Unemployment ran out, so no income. They quit looking and went down to the welfare office and
    are now receiving welfare benefits and no longer looking for employment.

16. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Haha.... No ones buying this sh*t....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ny34dChShQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yL1TeI2x2H0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jerbear

17. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Meet the Obama Donors at the BLS.....

At least two economists at the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) have contributed to President Barack Obama’s campaign. Harley Frazis of Bethesda, MD, has contributed at least $2,000 to Obama and $9,000 to the Democratic National Convention over the last three election cycles. During his time at BLS, Harley has published a number of papers including his most recent, “How to Think About Time-Use Data: What Inferences Can We Make About Long- and Short-Run Time Use from Time Diaries?”

Stephen Phillips of Washington, D.C., has contributed at least $270 to Obama during the 2012 cycle. According to his LinkedIn profile, Phillips has been an economist at BLS since June 2009. Phillips was responsible for examining the impact of Obamacare on Healthcare North American Industry Classification System indices. Phillips was also assistant coach for a girls’ high school tennis team in 2010.

Jerbear

18. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Jerbear

19. 3200SK Robinson

3200SK Robinson TS Member

LOL! "Chit"Kago thugs are out and about spreading their fear, lies and their thugish ways. Keep it up and soon there will be war! Rich

20. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Check the Dept. of Labor website and the Household Date Historical report reflects there are only 58.7 employed (population 16 years and older) in Sept.,2012. They report that there are 88.7 million (16 years old and older) not counted. It's the number of people employed which reflects more as to what's going on. Let's face it, employment overall sucks and no matter how many times the media praises the 7.8% figure, it's still is a mess. I heard today that some private sector economists indicated that the GNP would have to be the 4 to 6% level to accurately bring about an accurate change in the true unemployment rate. A 1% growth barely keeps up with the population rate of growth. BT100dc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.