1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Now it starts. New gun laws

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Old Dr. Bill, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Dr. Bill

Old Dr. Bill TS Member

It would be worth the time for any gun owner to read the proposed gun law.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h45ih.txt.pdf

NRA is the only game to play to combat this type of legislation.

2. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

No but they are the only thing we have to fight it from becoming law.

If that happens no one can do anything.

Maybe you would care to carry on the fight and become a lobbyist for us?

Rock

Jim

3. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

We need groups like the NRA to fight the good fight now. We don't want to wait until they are knocking on our doors to confiscate our guns. Long before then they will take the guns and ammos off the store shelves and close down the gun ranges or just make it too expensive to shoot and hunt with more and more taxes and restrictions on shooters until our ranks are so small we don't matter anymore. The left doesn't take our freedom away in one swoop. They take it away incrementally. That is how the left takes all our freedoms away.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Someone tell me, what would your firearm rights be right at this moment if the NRA had never existed?

(I already know the answer, do you?)

HM

5. Jamesquinn

Jamesquinn TS Member

Nothing new to see here. Bobby Rush has tried this legislation before. As you can see he has zero co-sponsors, and this will hit the trash can just like it has before.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

wrong answer, Mark. You would not have had any guns to fight for. they would have been gone a goodly while before you were born.

HM

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Mark. My answer will be "what guns"?

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Posting your intentions on the internet about an armed confrontation with some governmental agency is probably not a good idea.

9. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

HM

I can only speek for myself on your question. In my case, I would either be dead, in jail or would have won the fight to keep my guns.

What would our gun rights be if every gun owner said NO and physically faught to keep them?

Mark Rounds

I agree 100% with Mark..

eventually they would run out of cops or whoever would be trying to take them away from us, I am almost sure most of the law enforcement would not want to risk their life everytime they knocked on a door to take your firearms.

10. wolfram

You don't play poker do you Mark.

11. Shilo

Shilo TS Member

Mark you will not be alone that is one real thing many quite ones will show up by the millions stand side by side and we will keep for ever the 2nd and the right to bear arms so gun owners stand up for the rights that was fought for and keep America what we are we are the home of the free and the brave,

12. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I was talking to one of my township cops, we have 3 of them a few months ago about this confiscation issue if it ever arises. His response was he would quit before he would attempt to go door to door. You don't know whats behind door #1 #2 or #3

13. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

Everybody needs to call your representatives (liberty limiters) in D.C. not just once but often and tell them to leave us law abiding citizens alone and go after the criminals guns.

If enough people call and tie up the phones they may get the idea.

tom

14. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Talk all of the smack you want, boys. Bottom line is this...we need to be heard. Write your elected representatives. Join the NRA. They are our collective national voice. Have your shooting friends join. Buy somebody a membership as a gift. Take some kid shooting, and maybe invite his or her non-shooting dad along. We need to represent ourselves as responsible, everyday Americans. The testosterone fueled rants about armed response are nice to bolster our egos, but politicians won't pay any attention to it. They WILL pay attention if they hear from enough of us. Reagan had a democrat majority in Congress for both of his terms. When he wanted something done, he went to us, the American people, and urged us to get involved. Let's make ourselves heard.

If we fail at that level, then I'll join you for the revolt. I'm getting older, but I still have some testosterone running around in here :>)

15. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Folks,we are a small bunch anymore.Look at the kids today most could give a rats ass less about hunting.Our school system here removed all hunting publications from the library.Kids of today sure don't go rabbit hunting after school like they use to.They are too #am lazy.I live in a rural area,farm country.So when we are gone who is going to stand up for our rights?

Take a kid hunting,get the kids interested in guns.This is our only hope.

Bocephas

16. Al.

Al. TS Member

A armed population is a polite population. A unarmed popluation is a slave pop.Gun control in Australia and Great Britian didn't work crime is up and thr pepole of both places want thier guns back .

17. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Driving a car is supose to be a privelege owning a firearm is supose to be your right. I belive I am with Mark.

18. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

I remember seeing on tv program during the early part of the Gulf War US soldiers were going house to house looking for weapons and insurgents.

When they found an AK-47 in a home, the owner said "Ali Baba" The US soldiers promptly returned his AK-47 to him.

Apparently each house was allowed 1 weapon to defend themselves from bandits.

I was impressed.

tom

19. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Rick, The Nazi's lawfully came for the Jewish people too. Their motto now is "never again"

20. wolfram

That's where I was headed as well 687. You don't need to be foolish and tip your hand to be a true american. Kind of like the people that peacock their ccw ... they give up the main tactical advantage of the ccw by doing so. Think with the big head.

But lets just think about the numbers, some 48% percent of the exit poll voters lived in a house that had firearms. So were talking at least 50 million homes with guns. If a door to door gun grab came along and just 1% of the armed households took the hard line, we are looking at at least a million casualties. It just ain't going to happen that way. So why make yourself and your family a target in the mean time. Play your cards close and you probably won't have to show what you are holding, tip your hand early and you won't have anything left to show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.