1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Beat Up On Me Somemore, TRUTH HURTS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Dennis Filo- Ohio ATA delegate had been approached by some unknown, not anmed, ATA type who wondered if the Cardinal Center or the OSTA would be interested in holding a Satellite Grand, This was brought to the OSTA attention and it was soundly rejected by all in the room on our side, that the idea of paying $15,000 for that privilege was stupid in the extreme.

Don Cogan produced one of the ATA EAGLES TROPHIES that the ATA pawned off on the states in their TROPHY PACKAGE and asked "WHT WOULD WE WANT TO PAY $15,000
    FOR THESE".

Maybe the SPARTA GRAND or the SATELLITE GRANDS can afford to give out that stuff, but we won't.

Personally I don't see how anyone with any degree of honesty can say that a SATELLITE GRAND w/ less than 200 shooters " IS A BIG SHOOT".

Maybe in some places but not in OHIO or Pennsylvania by any means, and assign high " ALL AMERICAN POINTS FACTOR" to one of these shoots, but yet LIMIT shoots like OHIO and PENNSYLVANIA isn't real HONEST either.

Shooters are the ones that determine what a "BIG SHOOT IS" not some fake ATA
    NAME.

Who was that unknown, not-named ATA Type?

The OSTA knew he was coming June 26th and I knew from OSTA delegates conversations while waiting to shoot the BRITTAIN MOTORS HDCP Wednesday.

NOW BIG DON, FLAGRATO, and others jump in w/ with your biased comments as usual.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Well, the first paragraph is the truth this time, Gary, not a bit like the earlier one you deleted.

As for the rest, I doubt many care. The Cardinal Center doesn't want a Satellite Grand. What else is new?

Neil

3. fishguts

fishguts Member

<a href="http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn1/fishguts49/?action=view&current=boxing_gloves.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

You might need these.....

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Oh yeah...Docta LongBreeches has got his MOJO BACK!

(Just let me go get my popcorn)

5. gotbass

gotbass Member

Longshoot - Question, why when you post something "new" do you feel compelled to pick a fight in advance with my friend the gator? I have followed this forum for a long time and never known him to be biased or any thing other than helpful. Perhaps you should make your point and see what the responses are. Keep in mind that just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they are biased or even wrong, great minds can differ. I will say that your negative attitude erodes your ability to convince others. No flame, just an observation. Mike

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Like "who cares"!

Hauxfan!

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Gary, get a life and let someoone else speak for Cardinal. You do a miserable job.

8. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I just amazes me how many people on here act like going to Cardinal is like a trip to the Holy Land Or Meccah! I'm sure it is alot of sour grapes over the loss of the Grand at Vandalia. Geez, how long till you get over it?
    Time to support any & all shoots that you can including the Grand or surely we will all lose in the end. colonel

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

If the ATA is so above board an honest in all it does why does the un-named un-known ATA Official type did not step up to the plate and say who he was?

Jim Thompson ATA executive steps up and wants to know who he was, My comment was you must have been left out of the loop, you should have known who it was or does the ATA operate in a secretive mode.

It is not important who he was, but to infer no one conversed w/OSTA is absurd.

How many clubs has the ATA offered or given any financial assistance to, to help them install more trapfields, and low interest loans?

Like my former post CARL MAYHUE florida delegate asked why doesn't the ATA offer low interest or free interst loans so a State like WEST VIRGINIA can add more trapfields, as it has to limit entries.

The ATA asks for promoting the sport, but when FREE advertising of the ATA trap schedule was printed by SHOTGUN SPORTS the ATA raised all kinds of hell.

I liked the rewponse DON COGAN gave at the OSTA meeting who wants to have trophies like these for holding a Satellite Grand.

This was not my comment, but deals w/ATA and it's principles.

Neil Winston I don't see any difference in this reply from BRAD DYSINGER and what I posted originally.

And I did keep your e-mail to me private as you requested but it would have risen some eyebrows as to your integrity.

I love shooting trap have been doing it since 1978 and a life member at that.
    The ATA now is different than it was 40 years ago. Carson Woods was the worst thing with his ideas about raising money and it cost us BUDWEISER for several years, cost us shooters higher food costs, and the loss of the one of the best food vendors at the GRAND AMERICAN in Vandalia.

The ATA said we are not going to have tent rentals for vendor spaces, you have to buy a building, vendors did buy buildings at substantial costs for their businesses and then still rented tent spaces to vendors and slapped the VENDORS in the face for their investments on falsehood.

I remember this and so do the vendors that it affected!!

So all is not in order with the ATA so when someone has a point you want to jump on it instead of learning and listening and making adjustments. Did the ATA compensate the vendors that built and leased their buildings? Let's hear from the vendors on this subject.

I would like to know what gun clubs the ATA has helped with expansion projects?
    And I think others that read these posts would like to know also.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Dr. Pain-in-the-butt: If I was the OSTA or Mr. Fishburn I would pay you to shut the hell up. You do more damage with your stupidity than anyone else. You have had three threads on this subject so give it a break. As said - who cares.

Don

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Someone, probably a Central Zone officer, inquired about the possibility of hosting a Satellite Grand. That seems like a reasonable inquiry. The club was, at least at the time, not interested. I fail to see any controversy.

Pat Ireland

12. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

W G A S........

Jim C

13. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Okay, I get it.

You're off your meds.

Chill out!

Hauxfan!

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Dr.Longshot

"If the ATA is so above board an honest in all it does why does the un-named un-known ATA Official type did not step up to the plate and say who he was?"

This is more laughable than anything else. Longshot answer a question please?

If you are more honest and above board than the ATA why haven't you named this un-known un-named ATA Official type you speak of?

After all you are the one making the claims yet you belittle and berate the ATA for there lack of honesty and you do the very same thing. Evidently it is all right for you and the OSTA to make these claims with out names but it isn't alright for the ATA to do it. Sorry but the word hypocrite comes to mind.

You have made claims about Vendor business:

"The ATA said we are not going to have tent rentals for vendor spaces, you have to buy a building, vendors did buy buildings at substantial costs for their businesses and then still rented tent spaces to vendors and slapped the VENDORS in the face for their investments on falsehood."

Then you ask:

"Did the ATA compensate the vendors that built and leased their buildings?"

Well gee I don't know I think that this question is as much my business as the question How much profit did the Vendors make at the Grand Last year. It just isn't my business or yours it is between the Vendors and the ATA in the everyday operation of the association.

Yet you ask everyone to except you word as truth and it would seem from your past performance that you have been in trouble in the past for starting or at least being involved in things that would have been better served by your abstaining from the those issues

You come in here with a holier than thou attitude and you are no better than those you condemn.

Do us all a favor give it a rest

Bob Lawless

15. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

"And I did keep your e-mail to me private as you requested but it would have risen some eyebrows as to your integrity."

This statement is totally inappropriate in reference to Neil. Neil and I haven't always agreed but his integrity is above reproach and his contribution to the sport has been substantial and I greatly appreciate that as do countless other members. You owe Neil an apology.

Jim Tyner

16. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

So the cut and paste champion is Bob yet again. Boring.

Jim, you just can't compete with the champ. LOL

17. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

OK, Gary, it's time to get serious. One of us is going to come out of this with skin relatively intact, the other won't.

The cause is your reckless defamation:

"And I did keep your e-mail to me private as you requested but it would have risen some eyebrows as to your integrity."

and the tough place you have put me writing what you did.

I suppose your plan was to put me in bind - I could not defend myself by publishing the text of our 10 emails (five on each side, I think) without disclosing the content, which, as you correctly say, we both said would be confidential.

So here's my response. I will publish them here, in their entirely, if you grant me a release from confidentiality. Every word, beginning to end.

It may be that some eyebrows will be raised, but not about me or what I wrote. I mean, face it, even that single sentence I quoted above would do a job on you.

So here's what's going to happen.

1. You will release me from confidentiality and I will print every word and let people here draw any conclusions they like.

2. You will not release me from confidentiality and people will conclude that it's you who will suffer if they became known and so you are the double rat for bringing it up and then refusing to show your cards when called.

So what's it going to be? You have two choices in telling me what to do next.

1. "Print them" and let Dr. Longshot get skinned alive on TS.com for writing garbage

2. "Don't print them" and let Dr. Longshot get skinned alive on TS.com for refusing to allow proof to be printed which will show that he writes garbage.

The ball's in your court, Gary, and there's no damn way you are getting out of this in one piece, so forget that, just tell me 1 or 2. You have 12 hours before I make my next decision.

Neil

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  19. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Dr. Longshot:

I have no dog in this fight and rarely post on this Forum. I was involved with the NSSF Sportsmen's Team Challenge and Budweiser came to us to support our event at the time the decision was made to "switch" from the ATA. It was a marketing decision that Mr. Woods had no real control over. The decision was made over ESPN televised our event.

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte NC

20. crusha

crusha TS Member

Sigh...all blustery talk...no action...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.