1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

November Surprise "Sequestration"

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Straight99, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Straight99

Straight99 Member

On Novembet 1st a suprise is waiting 86,000 workers in the defense industry. It is called Sequestration. January 1st the defense cuts go into effect, but 60 days before they have to be notifed of layoff. Lets see what that will do to the unemployment. Look it up if you do not believe me.

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

November Surprise

GOOD!!!! This will save the taxpayers billions!!!! In the last decade we have had the biggest ongoing weapons testing since the Vietnam War. WE DO NOT NEED MORE WEAPONS OR WEAPONS TESTING!!!!!

Time to pay down our debts!!!!!!

GS

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

November Surprise

Obama requested the layoff notices don't go out, and they(???) would pick up the legal costs if suits were filed. Mike.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q_Wdi-j6Gmk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

November Surprise

What are they going to pay the legal defense with, we are already broke.

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

November Surprise

Castration, makes more sense! Every member of congress!

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

November Surprise

And ALL liberals! Then in a generation they'll be gone!

OH my mistake, they won't, Communist always show up somewhere!

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

November Surprise

If we could get rid of all government workers and their pensions like midalake, we would save trillions.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

November Surprise

One potential advantage of a potential Obama victory - a showdown on sequestration, with potential crushing effects on various operations of the Federal Government.

Is there any way we could get Romney as President, and still have sequestration?

Oh, I know, it's a pipe dream...but we can dream, can't we?

9. Garry

Garry Active Member

November Surprise

Obama said in Monday's debate that the sequester will not happen.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ROMNEY: Our Navy is old -- excuse me, our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917. The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We're now at under 285. We're headed down to the low 200s if we go through a sequestration. That's unacceptable to me.

OBAMA: Bob, I just need to comment on this.

First of all, the sequester is not something that I've proposed. It is something that Congress has proposed. It will not happen.

10. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

November Surprise

Stl Flynn

Many of them already have been.

Some need to grow some

11. schwabby

schwabby Member

November Surprise

A part of me hopes sequestration does happen. It's the only way our insane defense budget will get cut.
    2012 world spending 1,735 billion. US 711 billion. China 143 billion, Russia 71.9 billion.
    And Romney wants to up the ante another couple hundred billion. Why are conservatives so afraid?

12. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

November Surprise

schwabby go swabb something up.

13. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

November Surprise

You have to pay back your contributors. I don't think that is a secret. That's politics. That is the funny thing about this section. If it is spending by the Democrats it is waste. If it is excess spending on the Republican side it is tax dollars well spent. Nothing new. We will just go farther into debt. What's the big deal?

14. crusha

crusha TS Member

November Surprise

St Flyn has his democratic line right. I was talking to a black lady yesterday, and in response to another white male commenter who was bemoaning our debt level to China, she said, basically - "We just owe it all to ourselves, right? So what's the problem?" (referring to the debt).

So...is St Flyn the one who's passing out the Obama phones? (I hear they have a "Kick the Can Down the Road" game app on them that's really fun to play).

15. Garry

Garry Active Member

November Surprise

Schwabby,

You asked why are conservatives so afraid? Maybe you should ask Leon Panetta, the Secretary of Defense, a Democrat. See URL above.

16. Garry

Garry Active Member

November Surprise

buzz-gun,

From Wikipedia, see URL above.

"At the end of September 2012, debt held by the public was approximately $11.311 trillion or about 72% of GDP. Intra-governmental holdings stood at $4.848 trillion, giving a combined total public debt of $16.159 trillion. As of July 2012, $5.3 trillion or approximately 48% of the debt held by the public was owned by foreign investors, the largest of which were China and Japan at just over $1.1 trillion each."

So China only owns 7-8% of our national debt - $1.1 trillion divide by $16.1 trillion.

American taxpayers (federal taxes) owns all of the $4.8 trillion dollars intro-governmental debt plus $5.9 trillion dollars of the public debt. The $5.9 trillion is 52% of the $11.3 trillion of public debt.

So the total debt owned by the American taxpayer is $4.8 trillion plus $5.9 trillion for a total of $10.7 trillion, or 66.4% of our total national debt of $16.1 trillion.

The reality is China only owns a relatively small percent (7-8) of America's debt but the American taxpayer owns 66.4% of America's debt.

Something to think about when you tuck your kids or grandchildren into bed at night.

The slope of our national debt is unsustainable!!!

Maranatha!!!

17. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

November Surprise

I am looking forward to Nov 7th ... all these fake shooters will have left by then!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.