1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nothing selling??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jakearoo, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Probably all of the above. In addition, it seems that folks on TS often price their items at a retail kind of level. As you put it, "premium prices." And, when someone needs or wants to sell specific thing, they don't get top dollar. Like it or not, that is just economics. Jake

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I think it's that time of the year also. Around here the trap season is over till spring, holiday season is coming, people are just watching their dollars a little closer.
    A few years ago I wanted to sell some hunting guns and asked around the internet when would be the best time to sell. I found out there were only two good times, one was a few months before the hunting season began and again in April when people started to get refunds from their taxes.
    I bought my Kolar last month on a whim and some good trade-ins. I could not sell my three trap guns so I opted to trade them.
    I think things will pickup this spring.

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

As someone recently said to me I will pass it on ...

Hey Gene.....R U NUTZ ? ? ?

4. magic

magic Member

I have noticed that things are selling slow but are still selling. I sell alot of misc items here and had to advertise them for a while recently but most have still sold and for the asking price. Usually I find that things pickup after christmas. I usually would take these items to the nasty ebay if I wanted rid of them fast but that is of course NO MORE!

JASON SHEEHY

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Gene, I think those folks on the TV are talking about you. On the radio too. Careful, everyone knows what you do. Your house is bugged. You should get off the computer and check everywhere for the hidden microphones and cameras. They are keeping a file. Be afraid, be very afraid. Jake

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I just purchased a K-S5 special from this site. Thanks Earl and Jeff. Steve

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

Jake ... thanks for reminding me, I have my tinfoil hat of reflectivity on with the shiny side out so that they cannot hear my brain thoughts due to the deflectivity characteristics of the shiny side of the foil.

8. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Gene, Have a nice day and thanks for the advice on boots. Jake

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Smith & Wesson lost 40% of its value on the stock exchange today due to poor sales. HMB

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

TRAP?????? Why, it's HUNTING season boy! HUNTING season I say!!!!!!!!! Do you hear me son? HUNTING SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have been doing on line selling, sales are up and down. This by no means is a business for me. I have made a small bank roll for 08/09 target year. It will help a lot. Depending on what your selling, what you want in price will dictate what will sell. Action based web sites will give you a good idea of what people are willing to pay for items. Ive sold everything from once fired shells to perfume.

12. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

Just my opinion,but it seems that most stuff,especially guns,seem to all be at
    TOP retail prices.This somewhat surprises me considering all the threads about
    the high cost of shot and reloading components and how many are giving up
    shooting!! I somewhat expected to see some real deals on some guns from all the
    guys who can't afford to shoot trap on the weekends.I will say that there have been a few good deals lately on Sunglasses and a Pgun trigger-both sold quickly.
    (I'm still here watching for some bargains!) Paul in Virginia

13. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

just like sports cars in the fall and winter. The best time to buy a trap is now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.