1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nothing on Second Amendment Rights

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dsid01, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

I was curious so I went to Obamas website to see what he said about second amendment rights and I didn't even find it listed under the issues tab??? HUH

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/potus/?action=view&current=ObamaFails.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

3. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

When they ask him "what do you think the 2nd Amendment means?"

He answers "I think the 2nd Amendment says that people have the right to bear arms."

They NEVER ask him if he AGREES with the 2nd Amendment.

Tom(AJ100)

4. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

This is all I have to read to know what is in store for gun owners.

This is from a debate with Alan Keyes.

KEYES: [to Obama]: I am a strong believer in the second amendment. The gun control mentality is ruthlessly absurd. It suggests that we should pass a law that prevents law abiding citizens from carrying weapons. You end up with a situation where the crook have all the guns and the law abiding citizens cannot defend themselves. I guess that's good enough for Senator Obama who voted against the bill that would have allowed homeowners to defend themselves if their homes were broken into.

OBAMA: Let's be honest. Mr. Keyes does not believe in common gun control measures like the assault weapons bill. Mr. Keyes does not believe in any limits from what I can tell with respect to the possession of guns, including assault weapons that have only one purpose, to kill people. I think it is a scandal that this president did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban.

Source: Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes Oct 21, 2004

That SHOULD be enough for ANY gun owner. Regardless of the type of firearm you now own or enjoy.

Tom(AJ100)

5. Laudygirl

Laudygirl TS Member

You find it buried: Urban Policy - Crime and Law enforcement

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.