1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Not To Worry GOP

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by gdbabin, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

It will be very hard for a second term President Obama to do much. Just two years in a second term will be mid-term elections for Congress.

The Democratically held Senate will have 33 of 100 seats contested: 20 Democratic, 13 Republican. The Republican controlled House will contest all 435 seats.

The mid-term elections leave the incumbent with only two years to get any major liberal agendas in place. With the current make-up of congress, there's little prospect for any ground swell of cooperation. Lawmakers looking to be reelected will be reluctant to go out on a limb leading up to their elections.

Also, resistance to compromise and consensus will only be exacerbated on the heels of a GOP loss in the presidential election. The party will be energized to correct the wrongs by redoubling GOP effort on the congressional front. The tactic dovetails nicely with the prospects of finding a GOP champion to carry the 2016 presidential bid.

It seems that the 1787 Constitutional Convention laid a very highly effective ground work for separation of powers; but, not necessarily a paradigm for efficient change. They likely realized that making things hard to change is a good thing.

Guy Babin

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Beautiful dreamer wake unto thee, he doesn't need congress to do what he wants, if he gets elected to another term. HMB

3. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

He does EVERTHING by ex order like the Emperor he is !!!

4. Garry

Garry Active Member

And don't forget the Supreme Court judges who will be retiring or dying and will need to be replaced. Between the executive orders and a liberal majority on the Supreme Court, Obama can do a lot of damage if he's re-elected for another term.

5. 548

548 Guest

Celebrating a do nothing Congress? What a moron. Obviously you are not one of the countless people jobless as a result of Bush era policies.

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe

Get off the Bush blame game it has been Obozo's watch for almost 4 years

7. 548

548 Guest

And he's been pretty damn successful in many areas; even with the do nothing Congress you guys celebrate.

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Remember executive orders--shades of Nazi Germany--went to a Subvet meeting a few hrs ago. Our CO a retire Navy Capt. read some of Obama's excutive orders--scare me & others sh---less

Phil Berkowitz

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe

548 where has he been successful?

10. 548

548 Guest

He was able to fine tune Romney Care and sign it into federal law for starters. His war on terror has put Bush's middle east policies to shame. The drone program was expanded with unbelievable success. Weren't you watching tv October through December of 2008? Century old corporations were falling like dominos. Obama stopped the bleeding and started the healing. To say anything else would just be untruthful.

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe

Keep off the Kool aide

12. 548

548 Guest

Beretta 687 SPIII combo from Etchens. Sold my XT to a gentleman off this here site. Sold my blue Beretta case to Citadel; he got it yesterday. Did I pass your stupid test Rick? Isn't it possible that a trapshooter can also be fiscally conservative and socially liberal?

13. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

"Century old corporations were falling like dominos. Obama stopped the bleeding and started the healing. To say anything else would just be untruthful."

So he and his kronnies stepped in and STOPPED the Free market from doing what it is suppose to do. Purge the stupid one out! NO corporation is to big to fail!!

What HEALING? there is only death around him and I mean that literally, beside all the phony Green corporations.

Yep, your "untruthful"

14. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I'm kinda surprised PinocchiObama isn't actively blaming George Washington.

After all, George Washington owned slaves, didn't he?

15. 548

548 Guest

Oh yes Rick, you are quite the TS.com ambassador.

16. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

So the Constitution is broken?????

17. 548

548 Guest

Rick, remember this post? Yes, you are just a good ole boy trying to get to know me... Funny

Subject: OBAMA SAYS HE WILL REINSTATE ASSAULT BAN
    Email:
    Date: Wed, Oct 17, 2012 - 11:13 AM ET
    Website Address:
    548 is just another Liberal, who does not own a gun, spouting the Liberal crap his grade school teacher taught him and will never understand our history or Constitution.

Ever since the government took over education, there has been a dumbing down of America.

The only way Liberals can make sense of their own stupid belief system is to destroy those of others.

Perhaps it is time to shun 548 , clearly not a gun owner, and visits here only to incite.

18. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I am just curious if you would mind telling us what you do for a living and what field of employment you work in?

Government, private, Corporate, union?

I work in a private company and I am in sales and sales management, we manufacture and sell Agricultural equipment.

19. 548

548 Guest

No problem at all, I've disclosed it many times. I have been a peace officer in MN for the last 18 years.

20. sixten38

sixten38 Member

548, I like the way you spin , You have been an employee of the state of Minnesota and a public employee union member for 18 years is what I am to infer from your post?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.