1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Not to start a pizzing match, but...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kiwiG, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, Please understand that this is not a trolling expedition, nor an attempt to stir bad feeling. I fully accept that in ATA shooting it is allowable to shut your gun before it is your turn to shoot. In bunker shooting a shooter may not close their gun until it is their turn to shoot. My question is to the shooters who shoot both bunker and ATA... Do you change your pre-shot routine depending on the event you are shooting, or do you carry the bunker rules into your ATA shooting? No disrespect intended to anyone...just curious. Cheers-Graham.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Graham,

They use the bunker technique for both...then come on here like your Auntie Mabel, and bore everybody with tedious tirades about how superior they are.

Matter of fact, I expect some of them will be along here any minute...I hear the "Church Lady" theme music starting already.

(They usually overlook the fact that for years, and maybe still for all I know, International rules allowed you to do something ATA never allowed, namely to step between stations with a shell in the chamber of your O/U - even standing behind someone! - as long as your gun was broken open and you emptied it entirely while walking from station 5 to 1).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.