1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Not taking your shotguns, but

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

May be coming to your state, compliments of the Democrats that swore they were not after your guns.

All in the name of Gun Control (Gun Safety)...

Mandatory $1,000,000 firearm liability insurance. Not to be confused with insuring your firearm in case of theft.

Secure storage at home.

Increased taxes on shell purchases and firearms.

Background checks for all ammunition purchases and a move to outlaw mail order purchases.

------------------------------------

Dems to campaign hard on guns and minimum wage in 2014

Dems in charge of the party’s strategy for retaking the House next year are planning to campaign aggressively on not just tax fairness and defending entitlements, as in the last two elections, but on issues like gun control and the minimum wage, too.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The liberals on the democratic Underground website were cheering the idea of mandatory gun insurance. The reason was that they saw this for what it is - a de facto backdoor gun ban.

Look at how many insurance companies have policy exclusions for coverage. Some won't insure sports cars or hot rods. No home insurance for pit bull owners. Etc.

So even if you could find an affordable insurance rider for a million, you'd likely wind up not being able to get coverage for an "assault weapon". Handguns might bring an even higher premium.

And the way most riders work is you have to already carry the maximum rates on your home and vehicles already. Then the rider gets added to that. This is a big insurance bill.

This means some people will never be able to afford the added insurance, effectively banning their gun ownership.

Meanwhile, criminals aren't going to pay for gun insurance.

Gun insurance is nothing more than a gun ban scam.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I have $5 million dollars of liability insurance coverage through the Nation Firearms Association up here in Canada. I am covered for any legal firearms activity in North America. Cost is about $8 per year. The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters has a similar program. Bill Malcolm

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

They are going to try every end run they can get.

I have always maintained that they will never get a complete ban on guns so they will just price us out of our hobby, with taxes, insurance, and insane policies

But the site libtards will still say don't worry, yeah don't worry it's only a bulldog..............on the hood of a Mack truck

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

We must insure our constitutional right? Like to hear Judge Roberts on this one.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Beretta687EELL, quote: <i>"I have $5 million dollars of liability insurance coverage through the Nation Firearms Association up here in Canada. I am covered for any legal firearms activity in North America. Cost is about $8 per year. The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters has a similar program. Bill Malcolm"</i>

You don't understand the issue. This is NOT insurance for any LEGAL activity that the liberal anti-gunners are demanding.

They want insurance for ILLEGAL activities. It's specifically insurance for violent acts. No insurance company is going to write a policy to cover you vandalizing property, robbing a bank, mugging someone, doing a drive by shooting, etc.

7. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Your constitutional right is not void if you don't have insurance; the Founding Fathers insured (pardon the pun) your right to bear arms, not requiring insurance in order to have this right. The freedom of speech in Amendment 1 is not based on purchasing liability insurance in order to have this individual right. This is nonsense and must be opposed legally. This is merely another way to deny you your rights. BT100dc

8. wayno

wayno TS Member

this is also another unconstitutional ploy for attention by some idiot. the legislatures will not pass this, and even if they did, the courts will not.

please, don't panic. this great nation will not fail us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.