1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Not my last hunt with first hunting buddy!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Luckyman, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I am so excited to be posting this picture of my Weimaraner Lucky and my son Riley! As many of you may remember I had posted a thread a couple weeks ago after my first hunt of the season with my 11 1/2 year old Weimaraner after her rear legs gave out 25 minutes into the hunt! I was devastated and thought it was the last time I would hunt with Lucky again! Well....It turns out that she is just fine and here is a picture from last Wednesday before Thanksgiving with my son on his first hunt! My dream since the day my son was born of Lucky pointing his pheasant came true and Lucky is doing great! She hunted for 3 hours straight with no physical ailments of any kind! No problems with her legs hips nothing!!!! The problems she had a couple weeks ago were related directly to dehydration and lack of conditioning. Thank God!

You should have seen the look on my Riley's face when he saw Lucky lock up on what would be his first bird! A memory that I will cherish forever!!!!! He is hooked for life just like his Old Man!

[​IMG]

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

That's fantastic what a great hunt for you, your son and your hunting buddy. Enjoy many more hunts with your dog and your son!

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

You just made my day!!! Great. The good Lord has given you something to be thankful for during this holiday season. Ed

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Glad to hear this Luckyman. I was worried for you guys.

5. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

That makes me very happy! I love to see dogs doing what they love, and to see a senior dog still able to go out and enjoy life is such a blessing. Lastly, to see a young boy being raised right makes me very happy indeed. I wish you three many more hunts together! Jennifer

6. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Once again thank you all for your kind words!

This was one of the proudest moments of my life and I feel so blessed to be able share this with all of you!

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thx for sharing and good luck down the road with your pals

8. The Stive

The Stive Member

I consider myself fortunate that I had three great weimaraner hunting buddies.
    I can get in touch with many hunting memories. I wish you and your son and
    your weim, many more such memories. John

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Now.. this is what this site needs to be about.. All Happy.. All Good.. Wish I had a son to hunt with... Mike

10. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Here you go!

Dogs Ten Commandments
    1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years - any separation from you will be very painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me - it is crucial for my well being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment...You have your work, your friends, your entertainment...
    I HAVE ONLY YOU!

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when you're speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll NEVER forget it.

7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hands but I choose NOT to bite YOU.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long or my heart may be getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for ME if you are there. Remember that I love you.

11. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

BTW.....Lucky and I will be hunting again this Saturday and I will try and get a picture of her on point this time....It is truly a beautiful thing to see!

12. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Good shooting to you both. Glad to see the new blood coming into the sport. Just one thing I have to warn you about. One day he WILL out shoot you. LOL

13. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted to update everyone in regards to how Lucky did on her hunt this past Saturday.....These pictures should say it all! I even got one of her on point on a rooster that was buried so deep in the cover we were in I am still amazed how my Lucky found it! She is the best damn hunting dog I have ever seen! At 11 1/2 she kept up with my buddies 4 year old GSP and actually found more birds! We hunted the same field she had her original episode in a few weeks back and she tore it up! As you can see from the pics it's some real thick cover we were in...We are hunting again this weekend and I can't wait....We hunted for a solid 3+ hours and not only was she able to hunt with no physical issues what so ever she didn't show much stiffness if any the next day! She continues to amaze me!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.