1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Not going to join the ATA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by guncase, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guncase

guncase TS Member

Like ,,,, who do you think you are!!!!!! you have your reciept to record your scores on,,, and show that you paid,, Right???????? what else do you think they have to do but sit by the mailbox and look for your form to arrive? You ain' gonna shoot til spring anyhow,,, so sit on your hands and quit your bitchin!!!!!!!!!

Am really sick of the people who pay on Sunday and start bitchin on Wednesday when it really don't make any difference if you have a card or not. If you really want to play the game ,,, just spring for a life membership and never worry about it again!!!! put up or shut up,,, we don't want to hear it!!!

2. crotchetyoldgrouch

crotchetyoldgrouch TS Member

Your diatribe is not well founded. Please read your receipt. There are instructions that tell you to keep track of your scores on that document until the card arrives. That documents IS YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD until the permanent one arrives in the mail. So your claim that you do not have a membership card is false. Just enjoy shooting and do not focus on the trivial.

Anyhow, if you are one of those AAA27AAA types, maybe it would be good if you do not join. Just another hand in the payout money!!!

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Call your state delegate he will help you. The ATA get's very busy this time of year. Don't let it discourage you, I'm sure youll get it the mail any day now and the world will be right again.

4. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

I paid at the first shoot in September, and just got my card. Like they said on the other posts, your receipt is good until you get your card. The website probably won't show that you paid until they process it and send out your card.

I'm sure they are very busy, and have to do a lot of work with a few people.

Jim

5. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Sneaky,

I paid my dues on Sept. 9th at a shoot. I too am listed as membership not paid. I emailed Shawna and she promptly replied back that they were still processing dues from clubs. Were you respectful in your Email? I know that it can be frustrating but it is not worth not shooting ATA over. They will get to it. To quote a saying that I really don't like, "It is what it is." (Sort of what's wrong in this country.)

Complaining on this site will only bring out the attack dogs. I really enjoy shooting ATA and won't allow these "little things" to change that. Patience, my friend.

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

When did the Western Grand end?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If you're like me, it'll show up when you least expect it. I figured I'd left the stamp off, but it got here (although the website did indicate I was paid the whole time).

8. nicky

nicky Member

In today's world of demands on us, we in return put demands on everything ourselfs. If you can relax, I called monday,11-12-07 on my membership, mine also stated not paid when in fact I paid in the first of Sept. When I phoned the ATA my call went right to Shawna and she said they were running behind and I was listed as being paid however the web site has not been updated. Then the following day, Tuesday my new card was in the mail. Just a reminder your recipt you got is just as good as the card itself.

9. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Wanker, do you even know what "internet fishing" is??
    No, you are NOT in possession of knowledge that the rest of us don't have.

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Hey...another explanation may be that the cashiers at the Western Grand lost his info and never forwarded any paperwork to the ATA??

Curt - Delaware

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

I also have not yet received my new card and packet but I am not worried, I paid, I have my receipt, I've kept track of my scores and it will all catch up sooner or later.

What I think is so hilariously funny is Mike way up there in Utah who just paid for it all at the Western Grand in the beginning of September with his credit card is now all upset and is now not going to join the ATA ... to late Mike, you joined when you signed the form/receipt and signed your credit card receipt unless your going to take the cheap shots and stop payments and be the big bully and cry and complain and want instant service.

I bet your the type that would go to a car dealer and pay in advance for the very first 2009 Chevy off the production line and then on January 1st 2008 demand your brand new car or ya aint gonna buy what you already paid for. I always knew them folks from Utah had a few problems and thanks for proving I'm not wrong.

12. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Your not a member of the ATA till you receive your ATA card. You just made an application for membership.

13. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I paid my ATA and ISTA dues Sept. 1rst and haven't recieved anything from the ATA as of yet. The website shows I haven't paid but like everyone says, They are busy so no problem here. AS far as just making an application for membership I'm sure if need be the application paper would be good at any shoot until the average card arrived.

Bill

14. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The ATA web site has a notice that all cards have been sent out.

------

10/25/2007

2008 Average Cards are in the mail! You should be receiving yours any moment, if you have not already.

-------

What is one to think when they go to the ATA site and see they are not a paid up member (but paid back in Sept) and they have not received a new average card, but read the notice that all cards have been sent as of Oct 25??

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Joe; Where does it say ALL cards have been mailed???

Don

16. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

In the correction notice dated 25 Oct.

http://www.shootata.com/Content/News/Average_Card_Correction.aspx

-----

2008 Average Cards Announcement/Correction

2008 Average Cards are in the mail! You should be receiving yours any moment, if you have not already. Please note the card will state your membership is paid through August 2008. Due to recent changes with the 2008 target year, your membership will actually be paid thru October 31, 2008. All annual memberships are good for the entire target year! Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to serving you for another year

17. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Gee! You guys must not know the right people. I got my new card in less than a week, together with an invitation to attend a meeting of the "priveledged Club" at Sparta.......this is the CIA of the ATA! Eat crow you peasants!

18. Pump Gun Pimp

Pump Gun Pimp TS Member

19. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Sneaky, I am not to sure I am in favor of the ATA in my future plans either. But in reguards to your post let me tell you a true story before you fly off the handle. One time in my life I too flew of the handle calling someone every name in the book. The good friend of mine that I only saw a few times a year promised me that I could use his 18 wheeler for taking my test, but he preferred it to be in the spring. The Spring of the year came and I called him religiously....No Answer. I left countless messages. Thinking that he might be tring to ignormy calls i called from other peoples phones. I called odd hours. Then when I was thinking the worst about this guy Finally someone answered his phone and it was his sister. When I asked for him, she asked if this was some kind of crude joke. I explained myself only to find out that this man was killed 5 months earlier in a truck accident in Texas. Get your facts before you jump the gun. Maybe, and I am sure there is a valid reason. Hang in there guy and I wish you well..............Rich

20. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

I joined the ATA online and didn't get a receipt. I sent an email to Shawna Johnson and waited. I called Shawna and got an out of office message. It only took 11 weeks to get my card and proof I was a ATA member. Quick response compared to somethings in life....like growing a english walnut for gunstock blanks since everyone that sells them think there worth much more than I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.