1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NOT For Sale: Smith & Wesson Model 686 4 inch SS

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by BustClays, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BustClays

BustClays Member

0   0   0

I just became aware that the grips pictured are for a "N-Frame" gun and are slightly oversized for this one. I will find grips that fit and probably try again at a lower price point, thanks for your patience. Bob
    <
    Smith & Wesson 686, 4" barrel, no box or papers. has some holster wear but otherwise functions as you would expect from a Smith. Great trigger, pin in hammer. $500 includes shipping to your FFL. I will only deal with members that have an acceptable, to me, history with Trapshooters. Sorry, no deal for anyone who has no track record of honesty. Thanks for your interest. PM to me if you have questions.

bustclays_2008_03034.jpg

bustclays_2008_03033.jpg

bustclays_2008_03032.jpg

bustclays_2008_03031.jpg

bustclays_2008_0303.jpg

2. BustClays

BustClays Member

0   0   0

Hey "548" where did you go? I would consider that while your judgement is questionable, your money is every bit as good as the next guys. Being the capitalist that I am, come back and lets deal.

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Did one of our anti-gunners almost buy a horrible weapon?! Tom Rhoads

4. BustClays

BustClays Member

0   0   0

Apparently. He asked me, since he voted for Obama could he still buy the gun? You saw my answer. I had hoped that he was sincere but only time will tell. Much like his candidate. But that's another story for another thread.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

What dash number? And I'm assuming you don't have the original stocks.

Ed

6. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

0   0   0

Average ed if you buy it I MIGHT have a set of wood for that I will Have to dig. PAT.k

7. BustClays

BustClays Member

0   0   0

There is NO dash number. Correcy regarding stocks. If you don't need the Hogue, I'll keep them and knock off $20. Price shipped w/o stocks $480.

8. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

0   0   0

Is it a square butt frame or round butt?

thanks !

Nice gun

9. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

0   0   0

With no dash mark after the model number, has it been back to the factory for the modification?

S & W had a re-call on the early Model 686's and after they were modified they were marked with an "M".

The M mod was/is simply to replace the bushing and firing pin with the same pieces as used on the -2 and up.

Please let us know and thanks.

Allen

10. BustClays

BustClays Member

0   0   0

Well that answers what the "M" is all about. Yes, it has an "M". and is a square butt.

11. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

0   0   0

BustClays, thanks for the answer about having the "M". I sure wish I had the extra cash as you have a nice piece there. I hope you have good luck selling it.

Allen

12. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I would buy it if I didn't already have both 4" and 6" no-dash "M" models and was not leaving soon for my gunsmith's to pick up this -3 that I traded a 4" -4 to a retired LEO from Illinois to get.

averaged_2008_0303423.jpg

Ed

13. BustClays

BustClays Member

0   0   0

Since I have had alot of interest and questions about this gun i would like to add the following : I am not the first owner. Do not have original grips. If you are looking for a pristine example of the model, this is not the gun for you. Near the end of barrel are polish marks that make it look like someone may have polished out some damage, It is more than just holster wear, but there is that as well. It's a good, solid shooter, great for the range or personal protection, not a show piece. As much as I want to sell it, I do not want anyone to be disappointed. Best wishes, Bob

14. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bob, thank you for your openness and honestly. But would-be buyers can have the gun restored to its factory finish by Smith & Wesson and the charge is fairly reasonable.

Ed

15. BustClays

BustClays Member

0   0   0

Going to a gun show this weekend for a reality check on my pricing. If I don't sell it there, I'll get the proper grips and try again here at a lower price. Thanks all. Bob

16. DANNY

DANNY Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

BustClays, I sent you a p.m. Danny

17. SPW895

SPW895 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

PM sent. Stan

18. BustClays

BustClays Member

0   0   0

Sold today at gun show in Eustis, thanks for all the interest.

19. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Good for you. Glad you got it sold.I saw one at a gun show yesterday--No dash and in excellent shape w/o original grips. He was asking 650 for it.

Steve

20. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

0   0   0

You will have to look long and hard to find someone better to deal with than Bob (bustclays) my only problem with him is he sold the Browning I wanted. LOL Jim W

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

smith & wesson 686 no dash for sale

smith and wesson 686 4 inch
smith wesson model 686 4 inch barrel for sale