1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NOT For Sale German S/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by twcpdc, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

0   1   0

twcpdc_2010_230230.jpg

twcpdc_2010_230231.jpg

twcpdc_2010_230232.jpg

twcpdc_2010_230233.jpg

twcpdc_2010_230234.jpg

twcpdc_2010_230235.jpg

twcpdc_2010_230236.jpg

twcpdc_2010_230237.jpg

twcpdc_2010_230238.jpg

Thanks for all the emails, postings and PMs from you guys. I have decided that the old gun has a special place in the safe because of your help with GNWHOEVER I will enjoy this old gun and have good memorys of some good people I have never have the honor of meeting the next time a quail goes down from her. Thanks Tom

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Flussstahl translates to "fluid steel" or modern munition steel.

Krupp is the manufacturer of the steel.

Essen is the name of the town where the factory was located.

Crown over N is a German pre-war proof mark used before April 1, 1940. "N" indicates that the gun has been proofed with "nitro" or smokeless powder

It definately has some German roots.

Note: all info was gathered by internet search. I really don't know squat about your SS shotgun. Interesting non-the-less.---Matt

3. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

0   1   0

Thanks for the info. Hope it helps someone in buying this gun. I saw it and just like it at the time I wanted to hunt with it but don't hunt much anymore. Tom

4. Snookassassin

Snookassassin Member

0   0   0

Tom, That gun brings back memories.

My Father had an identical shotgun that he received as a gift from his uncle.

I carried the gun for many years and shot lots of game with it.

We were always told that the gun was Belgian but I really don't have a clue.

I do know that it handled well.

I don't know what happened to his gun but my Father was a notorious gun trader (and a very bad one at that) but if this shotgun is near southwest Michigan, it could be the same.

PM me if it sounds like the same gun.

Snookassassin, Clif Adams

5. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

You might find more interested buyers at doublegunshop.com

just a thot

Charlie

6. benedict1

benedict1 TS Member

0   0   0

Also try at Shotgun World in this sub-forum:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=5

My 2ยข worth: in the condition it's in, unless it is some very rare maker, you are expecting to get too much. They will tell you more over there. Good luck.

7. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

0   1   0

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

On the action or barrel water table (the flat part where the barrels and action go together) there should be a date code signifying month and year the gun was made, for example 928 for September 1928. The gun appears to have a Sauer action, the gun is in an interesting configuration, a long barrel 16, but the screws are terrible. Many Sauers and other guns similar have been brought in from Sweden in the past few years and sold in very good condition for $300 to $500. In its present condition, your gun may be one to keep rather than sell.

9. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

0   1   0

10. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Got to www.16GA.com and post it there. I too think the price is a bit rich but you never know.

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Try the German Collectors Club.

12. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

0   0   0

Tom does not know much about the gun, other than the value

13. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

0   1   0

Thanks for the other web sights may try them. I went to the big gun show here in lou yesterday. It was crazy how few people were at the show you normally cann't walk in there but yesterday it was 20% of a normal crowd. Carrried this gun got a few of dealers to look best info I could get is I am asking full value on the gun. I will consider a offer if any one is has any intrest. I did use the gun to hunt some but I now use 1100 sporting 20 ga. Thanks Tom

14. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

What 8 bore said

gun is probably in the 50 dollar to 150 range

regards from Iowa

Gene

15. g7777777

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Date: Sun, Oct 17, 2010 - 11:52 AM ET
    Email:

I will be very intrested in buying any guns you have like this gun for the price you say they are worth. Looking forward to makeing the purchase. I hope you are not lying to me and will sell me the guns for this price. Tom

16. g7777777

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Tom - twcdc- let me give you a hint here

Go to another gun show---- offer your gun to every single dealer you see for $150

You will leave the gun show not with #150 but with your gun

regards from Iowa

Gene

17. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

0   1   0

I still want to buy your SXS like this one for that money. Are you willing to sell.

18. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I know a thing or two about these German 16 GA doubles. Pre-war models, guild guns anyway, go for anywhere between $600 and $1200 depending on the condition. If it is a pre-war Sauer it would go for a minimum of $800 and typically about $1500 in the condition it appears to be. Now some of you would disagree with me. That's fine but I have shopped for a lot of these guns over the last 5 years and that's what my opinion is based on. This gun appears to be in pretty average condition with a some buggered screws. None of the screws appear to be in their original clocked positons except maybe the butt plate. Oil has darkened the side clips and the stock has lots of dings from usage. The lever is a tad left of center. Note, it has cocking indicators, that's a plus and the butt plate is original and in pretty good condition. My guess is that it's a $700-850 dollar gun but again, that all depends on a closer inspection of the maker and the bores. At any rate, if it's still tight and the bores are good, this is a very good upland game gun. The fact that some don't see the value in it is really just a matter of taste and opinion. Like I said, take it to the 16 GA.com guys, they will be very interested.

19. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

0   1   0

Thanks omgb There are a bunch of great guys on this sight. You just have to over look some you need some attention. Tom
    PS I think you are real good at giveing the gun a value

20. Phillip's Gunsmithing

Phillip's Gunsmithing Member

0   0   0

I sold one like the one you have at the Tulsa Gun Show last year and I got 900.00$ out of it. Do not listen to these guys telling you it is worth 100.00$ to 200.00$

I am not in the market for one at this time but I would give you 500.00$ for it but if I was you I would not take less than 800.00$ for it

Phillip Crenwelge

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.